Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by NJShore4Life »

Cheech wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:28 am looked like the wags brothers. donnie and snuff
Goggs and Carmen are with Wags and Snuff
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

Carmen makes a fantastic sandwich
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I enjoy the show, but the whining about being persecuted gets a little old.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

funkster wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:16 am I enjoy the show, but the whining about being persecuted gets a little old.
I think it has more to do with the absurdity of it all. Hes on trial for booking and the guy taking the stand against him admits he took bets the night before and he may that night if he gets out in time. I remember reading that article. You can argue someone like jr rubeo was committing far more heinous crimes than joey. So i think its that.
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

Yeah I remember that article and felt bad for the bookie lol was like a 3rd generation book, never involved with any violence, ran it like a regular business and just gets straight up extorted by skinny and his crew and basically robbed and then an added target on his book for being associated with them now… I think he even said he grew up with Johnny Chang , knew him his whole life and went to him for help and he said nothing he could do lol come on board or stop booking
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:16 am I enjoy the show, but the whining about being persecuted gets a little old.
I think it has more to do with the absurdity of it all. Hes on trial for booking and the guy taking the stand against him admits he took bets the night before and he may that night if he gets out in time. I remember reading that article. You can argue someone like jr rubeo was committing far more heinous crimes than joey. So i think its that.
Yeah, i get it to a degree and often think there are serious issues with penal system...just have a hard time sympathizing with these guys, they know what theyre getting into and they aren't choir boys. It's the same with Jr. Gotti, entire book was him feeling sorry for himself.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

his podcast has gone to shit he really destroyed his legacy for a amateurish level podcast for a few youtube dollars.Apperantly some guy who was in jail with him has his own podcast and says Merlino is broke and noone wants to do buisness with him because he never pays and fucks everyone over
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

funkster wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:43 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Yeah, i get it to a degree and often think there are serious issues with penal system...just have a hard time sympathizing with these guys, they know what theyre getting into and they aren't choir boys. It's the same with Jr. Gotti, entire book was him feeling sorry for himself.
Ya I get it. You go into it knowing they are going to do anything they can to put you away. I get it.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

bluehouse wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:06 am his podcast has gone to shit he really destroyed his legacy for a amateurish level podcast for a few youtube dollars.Apperantly some guy who was in jail with him has his own podcast and says Merlino is broke and noone wants to do buisness with him because he never pays and fucks everyone over
Idk. People have been saying that for years. The guys wearing $1000 shirts and a six figure watches so who knows.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Every week when he loses... "ahhh the nfl is fixed" lol...
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

bluehouse wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:06 am his podcast has gone to shit he really destroyed his legacy for a amateurish level podcast for a few youtube dollars.Apperantly some guy who was in jail with him has his own podcast and says Merlino is broke and noone wants to do buisness with him because he never pays and fucks everyone over
Part of what you say is true But I think that rep he got regarding, things like- welching on bets, and being just unreliable when it comes time to him paying his end was more so in the past. And its not like he was the only one thay did it. We all know john gotti sucked at betting as well. Those are the ones we heard of based on them being in the spotlight. Cant judge him for something he probably did 20+ years ago.
Whether he is broke at this current time is anyone's guess now. I been around too long and know too many people to not assume their financial situation based on what they drive and or what they wear. I can't tell if he has money or not based on what he wears. On the podcast he is not pushing manscape yet and is not pushing any other products from low brow advertisers. He seems to be doing alot of charities, donations on there. Being a veteran of the army (2007-2019) i appreciate his candor and actually doing things to help veterans in need. We can all respect that, veteran or not.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

He's taking the podcast behind a patreon paywall now
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i wouldnt pay a dollar to watch this little shit.

i obiously have no connection to him but he seems like a complete scumbag

big balls if he partook in all those shootings that they say he did
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Pretty sure he's just following a long line of hucksters who get on YouTube, then move to a new forum to start charging subscriptions while claiming they were banned for politics. I was hoping Rogan would get Merlino on a podcast - I fear its going to be Alex Jones first.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:29 am Pretty sure he's just following a long line of hucksters who get on YouTube, then move to a new forum to start charging subscriptions while claiming they were banned for politics. I was hoping Rogan would get Merlino on a podcast - I fear its going to be Alex Jones first.
Well, one less show for me to follow which is unfortunate because the stuff that was interesting was very interesting. I hate when these guys start talking politics, I have ZERO desire to hear their views on this stuff. I know it makes some people mad to hear, but stick to the good stuff please lol.