Joseph Ciancaglini Jr (Joey Chang)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Joseph Ciancaglini Jr (Joey Chang)

Post by GaspipeCasso »

This one has always been interesting to me. I know he's in rough shape since the shooting but how is he doing now? Did his brother ever show regret? Has there ever been any modern pictures or info?
Not heard much since, this story I always feel (brother vs brother) should have got more press
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Re: Joseph Ciancaglini Jr (Joey Chang)

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Sal Piccolo Joey Chang.jpg
Most recent one I've seen of him. I'd imagine this picture is at least 10 years old though.

Sal Piccolo (left) Joseph Ciancaglini (right)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Scarfo Jr. tried to recruit his support for retaking Philly in the 2000s and he was surveilled at the funeral for Tony Piccolo in 2004 walking with a cane.

He was obviously fucked up badly by the murder attempt but I don't know what his long-term condition is actually like.
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:58 pm Sal Piccolo Joey Chang.jpg

Most recent one I've seen of him. I'd imagine this picture is at least 10 years old though.

Ciancaglini is the one on the left in this photo
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Tasker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:42 pm
ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:58 pm Sal Piccolo Joey Chang.jpg

Ciancaglini is the one on the left in this photo
youre 100% right, i cant edit it thoo
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Anyone know how he's doing now? Also where did Johnny end up
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

He's deaf, blind in one eye, and still uses a walker from what I remember reading when this came up a long time ago on the boards.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

He's lucky he isn't doing life with John Stanfa and Frank Martines.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

dack2001 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:59 am He's lucky he isn't doing life with John Stanfa and Frank Martines.
Yeah with Bellocchi's testimony you really think the Feds could have gotten him on multiple murder conspiracies.
peteyboxcars
Associate

Post by peteyboxcars »

What is his relationship with his brother John? Do they talk? Did the Merlino faction forgive Joe ? Water under the bridge? I saw Johnny and his wife at Fairmont Tavern in AC this past summer. He looks pretty old in person. I would imagine he is getting close to 70.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I was also curious whether the brothers are close or not. I remember reading Previte's book that a paramedic on the scene of that shooting testified that he had to stop Joey Chang from sneezing as they were concerned he would literally sneeze brains out of his nose. It's amazing he's still alive and makes you wonder how much he really remembers.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'm guessing the Feds didn't include him because he may have garnered sympathy from the jury. That and they didn't want the BOP to have care for him. Both Bellochi and Veasey fingered him as an ongoing participant in the conspiracy.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

It is interesting he was never charged. The judge may have found him incompetent and I'm sure his lawyers and a little extra acting would make the case go away
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I’m no Doctor but could you imagine the brain damage he has, I’ve seen people just from bad car accidents not be able to have a functioning brain afterwards let alone being shot in the head with your brain matter out on the pavement. I bet he can’t even function , I’ve never even seen him out and about at the shore or in South Philly. His brother Johnny Chang is everywhere , the shore and in South Philly he’s always either inside or within 10 feet of Chickies and Petes on Packer Ave.

-Dante
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

One brother died (Merlino side ), one got paralyzed (Stanfa side) and one was in good standings with Joey (neutral I think?)

And the dad recently died

Is this a correct fam dynamic??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.