#2 in NE

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Re: #2 in NE

Post by Dapper_Don »

Just spent a long weekend in Boston with the Mrs., it is a nice little walkable city first time I been there in like 15+ years. Had dinner at Bencotto in the North End and got some pastries at Mike's Pastry Shop (quite overrated imo). North End is nice to walk around in, saw a few of the guys who have been on the Luisi show posted up/sitting down on the corner. Not many activities to do in the City compared to its bigger cousins, we did basically everything in a couple of days. Whale watching and historic cruise in the Harbor, Duckboat tour, tour of Harvard, Aquarium (way outdated), walked the freedom trail, Boston Common/Public Garden/Charles River are beautiful, USS Constitution, took the subway a few times it was surprisingly decent/good, etc. Went to the Saturday night Red Sox/Yankees game, stayed at a hotel in Back Bay. We arent big seafood fans (other than sushi) so I found most of the dining a bit underwhelming really. City is surprisingly pretty clean and in good condition considering age, I was a bit shocked at the number of tourists in the area. Not to get too political just sharing that there were a ton of tourists and the mask requirement was basically out the window, we didnt have to wear it (but restaurant employees, etc did) places/city is assuming majority of folks are vaxxed. Overall it was like 10% of folks wearing masks, it was nice not to have to worry about it as we come from NYC. But I say one thing, when we were on the cruise/other areas with folks from random states like Arizona, Mississippi, North Carolina, etc that have quite low vaxx rates not wearing masks and coughing all over the place im going to get tested tomorrow.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Eddie mush wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:12 pm Vinny F is the power if he wants it
Nobody on the street have the resume he does
Both respected and feared if he wanted the top spot no1 one have the balls to challenge him
I don't doubt that at all. 22 years, kept his mouth shut, and he was innocent of what they charged him with. I think he's too smart to take that job now though. 22 years is enough. He's got the respect regardless. He lost a lot of friends in the 90's due to Salemme & Co's bloodlust.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:37 pm They might not be number two but a few guys who might still around that I know of;
Gerry Sarro I know he was a decent sized bookmaker at one time
Then you have Greg Costa who was idk if still is aligned with Dinunzio. Then there was the Contrada organization who had they're own lay off books and everything.
Here is something I've had but never had any need to post it till now: this was an article posted by the boston herald in the late 2010s that Peter Limone was not to come into contact with and it listed all 50+ and I quote "wiseguys." It'd be interesting to see where some of these guys are at now in the hierarchy. Boston has lots of big time bookmakers.
That list has popped up from time to time on here. A lot of the old fellas on that list aren't around anymore.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Lombardo the old consigliere held alot of respect
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 am I personally think if Howie was able to stay out of the can, he would have been 5x bigger than he was. He was respected by all, and had serious connections. He was a gangster's gangster, never heard any bad words about the man.
Hi Jake and what would've happened if Buddy McLean had survived the gang war in Boston?
NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

Post by NewEnglandHere »

henry tameleo he was underboss in the 60s
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Pretty sure it's come out recently buddy McLean was maybe one of the first top echelon informants. If he didn't get killed that time it would have been shortly after. On the topic I wonder who is the boss in New england today?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:18 pm Pretty sure it's come out recently buddy McLean was maybe one of the first top echelon informants. If he didn't get killed that time it would have been shortly after. On the topic I wonder who is the boss in New england today?
Thanks for your reply and if Buddy McLean had survived would he and Steve Flemmi have been working together as partners in the Winter Hill Gang while feeding information on their associates such as Joe Mac mcdonald, Howie Winter, and the Angiulos to the Feds?
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:18 pm Pretty sure it's come out recently buddy McLean was maybe one of the first top echelon informants. If he didn't get killed that time it would have been shortly after. On the topic I wonder who is the boss in New england today?
Is it not the Cheeseman? Vinny had that weird seizure by the feds for a bunch of money, maybe they know it was illegal proceeds but couldn't prove it so they seized it? In other words maybe he is the boss but very insulated?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

There have been posts (here, Reddit) that the Cheeseman may have stepped aside or at least delegated a lot due to his poor health. Sounded like the ''work' may be split up to a few guys (Spucky, Anthony D., Carrozza, Lato etc.)
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

Carozza is not doing anything these days
Guys well into his 80’s , in poor health and just lost his wife . The brother runs the show now from wat I hear with some guidance from a couple of the older guys
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Eddie mush wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:23 pm Carozza is not doing anything these days
Guys well into his 80’s , in poor health and just lost his wife . The brother runs the show now from wat I hear with some guidance from a couple of the older guys
Thanks for your posts on this topic, Eddie
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

The upper echelon of this family that guys like Scott and others all write about are all old now . Mid 70’s or even in there 80’s and most are semi retired at this point
They either have some new skippers or the end is near
Only time will tell

And yes Carmen is also in bad health constantly in and out of rehab. It’s a shame cause he to young for that
Mid 60’s I would say
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Eddie mush wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:54 pm The upper echelon of this family that guys like Scott and others all write about are all old now . Mid 70’s or even in there 80’s and most are semi retired at this point
Only time will tell

And yes Carmen is also in bad health constantly in and out of rehab. It’s a shame cause he to young for that
Mid 60’s I would say
VF has the most clout in NE/Boston family, cheese was given it after he got out cause VF was content. My 2.....Sol
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

Sol wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:38 pm
Eddie mush wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:54 pm The upper echelon of this family that guys like Scott and others all write about are all old now . Mid 70’s or even in there 80’s and most are semi retired at this point
Only time will tell

Mid 60’s I would say
VF has the most clout in NE/Boston family, cheese was given it after he got out cause VF was content. My 2.....Sol
That’s spot on. 100% correct
Not sure wat vf roll is these days if he even has one
But when he talks people listen .