Michael DiLeonardo Patreon

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Michael DiLeonardo Patreon

Post by funkster »

Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:35 am Im there for less about the sammy stuff and more the culture of cosa nostra. the nuances. i read that book five or six times and you only think of the surface. ive enjoyed taking a step back and understanding the nuances. who understood the life and who didnt based on actions.
and i like being around like minded folks. i think michael's energy attracts folks that are similar. i enjoy that.
He rarely will talk about active guys, but it's very interesting that hes been grazing the surface of talking about Manino. Sounds like he impressed John.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

funkster wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:16 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:35 am Im there for less about the sammy stuff and more the culture of cosa nostra. the nuances. i read that book five or six times and you only think of the surface. ive enjoyed taking a step back and understanding the nuances. who understood the life and who didnt based on actions.
and i like being around like minded folks. i think michael's energy attracts folks that are similar. i enjoy that.
He rarely will talk about active guys, but it's very interesting that hes been grazing the surface of talking about Manino. Sounds like he impressed John.
Agreed. He talked more in the live. Not on the tapes one. I get why. Makes sense to me.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

funkster wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:05 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 am Not to bump an old thread but I wanted to say I think Rj has been very good. Hes got a calm demeanor and sets up Michael with the right questions. Its a well done show. Sundays live was exceptional
Agreed, he's growing on me. I will say, and he would probably get super defensive about this, i dont care what he says...he absolutely has a man crush on Gotti lol.
So funny cause it's so true, bro gets truly flustered, I think one of rj's funniest moments was at minute 9:55; Gotti tapes part 11. After he asks the question he's shrugging his shoulders with an eager & shaky tone lmaoo it's the nerdiest impression he's made on me, nerdy as in the epitome of a John G fanboy. I really wonder how he became so obsessed with John. God bless him and Don Michele Dileonardo, they're my fav to watch and recommend in this thing.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

OmarSantista wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:34 am
Cheech wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 am Not to bump an old thread but I wanted to say I think Rj has been very good. Hes got a calm demeanor and sets up Michael with the right questions. Its a well done show. Sundays live was exceptional
Agreed, he's growing on me. I will say, and he would probably get super defensive about this, i dont care what he says...he absolutely has a man crush on Gotti lol.
So funny cause it's so true, bro gets truly flustered, I think one of rj's funniest moments was at minute 9:55; Gotti tapes part 11. After he asks the question he's shrugging his shoulders with an eager & shaky tone lmaoo it's the nerdiest impression he's made on me, nerdy as in the epitome of a John G fanboy. I really wonder how he became so obsessed with John. God bless him and Don Michele Dileonardo, they're my fav to watch and recommend in this thing.
Lol gushing over his handwriting was pretty amusing too :lol:
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

. He was close to the Gotti’s so it make sense that he still has some type of loyalty to them
Even though he cooperated against Junior. I do agree that he doesn’t criticize them that much although he has in some occasions.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

JMAN723 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:14 pm

. He was close to the Gotti’s so it make sense that he still has some type of loyalty to them
Even though he cooperated against Junior. I do agree that he doesn’t criticize them that much although he has in some occasions.
Yeah not Michael, I'm referring to RJ's obsession, Michaels loyalty to the gotti name is highly respectable, as he was a former active member.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

In that last Q&A RJ caught himself accidentally mentioning Barney's name in that story about sending him and Jimmy Ida to talk to him for Chin lol.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

I believe RJ's approach at least at the beginning of his partnership with Scars was from more of a "how can we learn strategies from the mafia" lens. It seemed like his "favorite" mob figures were always those that could provide some blueprint for success.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Great interview with chris carlino from the scores case. Rj and michael maybe asked 5 questions tops in the whole hour n a half. When u have a guest that knows his stuff like Carlino. You let him go. I could just picture other podcasters just cutting him off asking stupid questions. Great job rj/michael. Its what you didnt say that was great. Its an under appreciated skill
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:39 pm Gravano tried to go skinny dipping with Joe todaro when Todaro asked him to go in the water to talk in Florida
He also likes to go to prison. There is that. The Bull nickname can now mean many different things.
Sammy had multiple sus moments on his interview with The Connect channel on youtube. Off the top of my head in the final moments of the interview Sammy oddly jokes about blowing the interviewers head off then lifts his shirt and says "no I got no gun", then the interviewer laughs & to lighten the mood jokingly says I should've lifted your shirt before you walked in here, instinctively Sammy responds "I was gonna lift your shirt up"; and it just sounded hella awkward. The interviewer laughed then quickly changed the subject.