Michael DiLeonardo Patreon

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Michael DiLeonardo Patreon

Post by funkster »

Just to be clear i'm talking about RJ.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JMAN723 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:37 am
funkster wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:05 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 am Not to bump an old thread but I wanted to say I think Rj has been very good. Hes got a calm demeanor and sets up Michael with the right questions. Its a well done show. Sundays live was exceptional
Agreed, he's growing on me. I will say, and he would probably get super defensive about this, i dont care what he says...he absolutely has a man crush on Gotti lol.

Agreed. He says he does criticize Gotti but not really. The only thing I can think of is that he believes Gotti made the absolute wrong decision regarding the Favara situation that’s about as critical as he gets
I have to respectfully disagree. Michael has said more than once killing paul was the wrong play. If he waits it out, Hes boss anyways, he just couldnt wait.
He also say’s he fell asleep on sammy.
Theres quite a few things he disagrees with.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Cheech wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:35 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 am Not to bump an old thread but I wanted to say I think Rj has been very good. Hes got a calm demeanor and sets up Michael with the right questions. Its a well done show. Sundays live was exceptional
Agreed, he's growing on me. I will say, and he would probably get super defensive about this, i dont care what he says...he absolutely has a man crush on Gotti lol.

Agreed. He says he does criticize Gotti but not really. The only thing I can think of is that he believes Gotti made the absolute wrong decision regarding the Favara situation that’s about as critical as he gets
I have to respectfully disagree. Michael has said more than once killing paul was the wrong play. If he waits it out, Hes boss anyways, he just couldnt wait.
Yeah, no issue with Michael. And he flat out says he personally has an affinity for Gotti, which I can respect.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Cheech wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:35 pm

. There’s been a few things but he does seem to pass most of the blame on Sammy. I don’t like Sammy at all but I think Gotti caused most of his own problems. I don’t think Sammy manipulated him into killing guys. Gotti was known to have a short fuse and wouldn’t take much to order guys dead especially if they weren’t particularly close to him. I do give Mikey credit for calling out Gotti regarding the Favara situation. He has said many times that the guy was an innocent who unfortunately got put in a bad situation and shouldn’t have been killed
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Michael has pointed out before that a big difference between Gotti and Gravano is a lot of the guys Gravano killed were from his own crew while Gotti protected his own people and mainly took out guys outside of his circle.

Similar to the criticisms DeCarlo and Moretti made of Richie Boiardo who took out many men from his own crew over the years.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Gravano was motivated by money. Gotti was motivated by the life. Big difference. Gotti thought Gravano was about that life. He was about himself
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

B. wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:09 pm Michael has pointed out before that a big difference between Gotti and Gravano is a lot of the guys Gravano killed were from his own crew while Gotti protected his own people and mainly took out guys outside of his circle.

Similar to the criticisms DeCarlo and Moretti made of Richie Boiardo who took out many men from his own crew over the years.
It's a dinstinction that, quite frankly, i never really thought of but is definitely true. Michael also floats the theory that Jimmy Brown and Danny Marino were at least quietly aware that it was Chin that was taking out important Gambino's, and that they may have been waiting by for their chance to take the reins if he ever got to Gotti.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's something we wouldn't necessarily notice since all of these guys order murders but guys in the life would notice that a guy hurts his own people.

A lot of the mafia is supposed to be about advocating for the guys around you so when a guy doesn't do that it stands out. Could argue that Gotti even killed Castellano in part to protect Ruggiero, his brother, and Carneglia.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Thought the last video DiLeonardo did was interesting. Funny Pete Gotti story … I’ll be happy to have DiLeonardo avoid the Graciani nonsense for awhile.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Michael also says about jimmy brown and Danny Marino they were rite in a way. John gotti killed there boss. But I don't think they were in on the plot. I think them 2 weren't dummies and realized everyone suspected in on th big Paul hit was getting hit or it started . They figured they could sit back
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

B. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:03 am It's something we wouldn't necessarily notice since all of these guys order murders but guys in the life would notice that a guy hurts his own people.

A lot of the mafia is supposed to be about advocating for the guys around you so when a guy doesn't do that it stands out. Could argue that Gotti even killed Castellano in part to protect Ruggiero, his brother, and Carneglia.
That’s his greatest move. He wasn’t betraying his brothers and he knew he’d prob get whacked right after anyway. Loyalty or him just being Machiavellian and cunning? Everything after that he fumbled with all the loud shit. But what a play.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:59 pm
B. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:03 am It's something we wouldn't necessarily notice since all of these guys order murders but guys in the life would notice that a guy hurts his own people.

That’s his greatest move. He wasn’t betraying his brothers and he knew he’d prob get whacked right after anyway. Loyalty or him just being Machiavellian and cunning? Everything after that he fumbled with all the loud shit. But what a play.
Hey!! Bobby...what up....
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

TSNYC wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:23 pm Thought the last video DiLeonardo did was interesting. Funny Pete Gotti story … I’ll be happy to have DiLeonardo avoid the Graciani nonsense for awhile.
I dont mind when he discusses it, i get it..it was a big part of his experience. I'm not a fan of a handful of the subscribers that love jumping in on the "scammy" stuff because they think doing so is some inside joke, it's kind of silly and half the time I think theyre exaggerating things he's said just to add to the drama. I keep away from the live chat these days because of that.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Im there for less about the sammy stuff and more the culture of cosa nostra. the nuances. i read that book five or six times and you only think of the surface. ive enjoyed taking a step back and understanding the nuances. who understood the life and who didnt based on actions.
and i like being around like minded folks. i think michael's energy attracts folks that are similar. i enjoy that.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:14 am
BobbyPazzo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:59 pm

Hey!! Bobby...what up....
CHIRAQ what up my guy !?!?! Hope all is well brother. I’m gonna pm you so we can catch up.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.