Girolamo Piromalli interview, September 1975

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Girolamo Piromalli interview, September 1975

Post by motorfab »

Strax wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:27 am This is amazing , thanks again. I had no idea he ever gave interview, they usually try to stay under the radar , especially 'Ndrangheta.
My Pleasure! I was also very surprised, especially since he did it twice! The funny thing is that there too I did not know that it would once again be an interview, I thought it would simply be an article on his life. But when I opened the magazine and I saw that it was another interview ...

But on a few documentaries available on YouTube you can see Piromalli in his hospital room talk to journalists (see here around the 23rd minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6i_tv ... =wl&index= 1 & ab_channel = prisondocumentaries)

But yes it is really surprising and quite unusual
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:56 am
Strax wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:27 am This is amazing , thanks again. I had no idea he ever gave interview, they usually try to stay under the radar , especially 'Ndrangheta.
My Pleasure! I was also very surprised, especially since he did it twice! The funny thing is that there too I did not know that it would once again be an interview, I thought it would simply be an article on his life. But when I opened the magazine and I saw that it was another interview ...
I would have thought that after first interview others would give him a warning and tell him to stay away from newspapers and keep a low profile. I can't imagine someone who is high ranking in organized crime giving 2 interviews in Sicily in 1975. That would be a death sentence back in 1975 in Sicily , actually that would be dead sentence even today.

Video not available anymore?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Strax wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:45 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:56 am
I would have thought that after first interview others would give him a warning and tell him to stay away from newspapers and keep a low profile. I can't imagine someone who is high ranking in organized crime giving 2 interviews in Sicily in 1975. That would be a death sentence back in 1975 in Sicily , actually that would be dead sentence even today.

Video not available anymore?
Well, as he was about to die for the second ITV, I guess he didn't care. But he was also one the most powerful mafioso of that era, so maybe it's another factor

The previous link doesn't work ? Maybe try this https://youtu.be/bd6i_tvs6JI?feature=shared
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Russians were not in Italy in WW2, maybe he was sent to eastern front, that would leave some marks on him for sure, Battle of Stalingrad had more casualties than whole western front combined , after you survive shit like that well... def helps in organized crime. But he was charged in 1939, 1940 and 1944, so he was in Italy for most of time during ww2, i have no idea.

Link is now working , thanks!