Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:17 pm OK I just now found this in an old article. Holy shit this is funny:
But they said he also once asked the enforcer to “just beat the living p—” out of his ex-wife for $5,000. And after she died of a drug overdose, the feds say Carparelli had two words for his former father-in-law, who called Carparelli a junkie and a drug dealer: “Who OD’d?”
What a great guy. :lol:
Paulie is nothing if not a class act.

He’s had a troubled life. He came up in the gang life and when he was a teenager, his father, Paolo Carparelli of Carbonara di Bari, was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head in their home in Berwyn, which had been torched. It was ruled a suicide as a pistol was found next to his body, but who knows what really happened.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 pm Paulie is nothing if not a class act.
That's what makes him so entertaining. I didn't know it was humanly possible to be THAT crass until he came along, and I'm someone whose heard/read about mobsters saying all sorts of horrible shit for decades. And he's genuinely funny about it too, which makes it even worse. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:19 pm Yeah, he was what we used to call a “bonecrusher” in Chicago.
he looks like some kind of Pleistocene megafauna in that one photo of him that's out there
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:20 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:19 pm Yeah, he was what we used to call a “bonecrusher” in Chicago.
he looks like some kind of Pleistocene megafauna in that one photo of him that's out there
The megafauna still roam Chicago, harkening back to some long-gone antediluvian savannah. Believe me, go to Ricobene's at lunchtime.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:44 pm
The megafauna still roam Chicago, harkening back to some long-gone antediluvian savannah. Believe me, go to Ricobene's at lunchtime.
good to hear that Paulie will have all the bonecrushers he needs given that his partnership with Brown didn't quite work out
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:56 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:44 pm
good to hear that Paulie will have all the bonecrushers he needs given that his partnership with Brown didn't quite work out
Paulie just needs to tell them that some deadbeat is hiding breaded steak sandwiches on their person and let them have at it.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:59 pm Paulie just needs to tell them that some deadbeat is hiding breaded steak sandwiches on their person and let them have at it.
Hahaha.

Anyone know why his sentence was so light? There are hours and hours of recordings of the guy going out of his way in trying to be the worst person in the world but he only ended up with a couple years. He also threatened witnesses.

That thing where he tried to say that he deserved less time because he used to be a firefighter was hilarious though, as this article outlines nicely: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

In wiretap #3 Carparelli says something about some guy sitting in that joint over there "as much as I love Anthony" who is referring to? Guys under him or over him?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who is this Dzuiban guy with a private jet sending them (Paulie and others) to collect money?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The frank Orlando and Robert McManus appeal Nos. 15-1862, 15-2096 dated April 21 2016 has some interesting info
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:07 pm In wiretap #3 Carparelli says something about some guy sitting in that joint over there "as much as I love Anthony" who is referring to? Guys under him or over him?
Anthony could have been Tony Calabrese, but there are a lot of Anthonys to go around, so who knows. “The guy sitting in that joint over there” could have been Mike Sarno. Paulie otherwise is clearly referring to being put in a hard place with his superiors, as he talks about people “breathing down my fucking neck” and that he wasn’t “in the position to look like an idiot, because there’s a lot of fuckin’ shit goin’ on now”. The reference to there being an open “position” in relation to his concern about looking bad has made me think that Paulie was trying to get proposed for membership (there have been unproven rumors that Paulie was made since his release from prison; not saying that I accept this without confirmation, but I do think it’s possible at least).

Looks like you probably already figured out who Dziuban was in this. Business executive who was using outfit guys to collect some debts for him. Not sure if Dziuban had just paid someone for their services or if he is otherwise personally connected to anybody. Since his release from prison he has been online touting his “passion for travel” and enthusiasm for physical fitness since his “retirement” for unnamed reasons lol.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:22 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:07 pm In wiretap #3 Carparelli says something about some guy sitting in that joint over there "as much as I love Anthony" who is referring to? Guys under him or over him?
Anthony could have been Tony Calabrese, but there are a lot of Anthonys to go around, so who knows.
Was about to say, this reminds me of that "Which Tony? They're all named Tony!" scene from The Irishman, but you beat me to the Tony ambiguity point, Tony. :lol:

Just as an aside, I finally realized what Carparelli reminds me of that I couldn't quite put my finger on: he's what you'd end up with Eric Cartman from South Park somehow got crossed with a Cosa Nostra associate.

What makes these recordings such an intriguing historical document is that once you get past the LOLz (and man, are there a lot of yuks herein), there's some really fascinating stuff going on about a power vacuum and how it relates to Cartmanelli's ambitions. Figuring out what's going on behind the rants is a fascinating exercise for mob watchers. They're a very interesting slice of Outfit life circa 10 years ago and we're lucky to have them. Fun times. 8-)
The reference to there being an open “position” in relation to his concern about looking bad has made me think that Paulie was trying to get proposed for membership (there have been unproven rumors that Paulie was made since his release from prison; not saying that I accept this without confirmation, but I do think it’s possible at least).
Could have been before that, even. Didn't Antiliar's source tell him that Sarno made "a bunch of lowlifes"? Think for a moment about who fits that character description. Then you have Scott Burnstein also claiming that Paulie was made by Sarno.
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Anthony could have been Tony Calabrese, but there are a lot of Anthonys to go around, so who knows. “The guy sitting in that joint over there” could have been Mike Sarno. Paulie otherwise is clearly referring to being put in a hard place with his superiors, as he talks about people “breathing down my fucking neck” and that he wasn’t “in the position to look like an idiot, because there’s a lot of fuckin’ shit goin’ on now”. The reference to there being an open “position” in relation to his concern about looking bad has made me think that Paulie was trying to get proposed for membership (there have been unproven rumors that Paulie was made since his release from prison; not saying that I accept this without confirmation, but I do think it’s possible at least).
Might be totally off but it has always been my impression that Carparelli was talking about his son - I recall seeing somewhere that his kid's name was Anthony but that might be me misremembering as well.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

JoePuzzles234 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:59 am Might be totally off but it has always been my impression that Carparelli was talking about his son - I recall seeing somewhere that his kid's name was Anthony but that might be me misremembering as well.
Nice work on the YouTube video Joe!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JoePuzzles234 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:59 am
Might be totally off but it has always been my impression that Carparelli was talking about his son - I recall seeing somewhere that his kid's name was Anthony but that might be me misremembering as well.
I believe that Paulie has a brother named Anthony, who lives in Berwyn. That would make sense given the wiretap, if he was telling Brown that he “loved” this other guy (Sarno? Someone else locked up?) like his brother.

My understanding is that Paulie has a son named Paulie Jr, but I could be wrong.