Gangland August 3rd 2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: Gangland August 3rd 2023

Post by AntComello »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:18 pm Biding his time in the shadows, Joe C knew his time to strike had come!
I have a hard time believing that this is the last we’ve heard from Joe C lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
sisterray
Straightened out

Post by sisterray »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:23 am Amazing that Spirito and Mancuso would think the Feds wouldn't try and VOSR the Boss and Underboss of a family on probation.
These two muppets walk and talk 36 times.

Thanks for the post
On the other hand, those guys have been off the street for almost 20 years and just very recently went through a cold civil war. They might’ve figured that it’s more crucial to get themselves „out there” and cement their position as soon as possible rather than to keep their heads down for another couple of years and risk losing control of the family.

I mean, how many current Bonanno captains were even made when Nose got convicted? He barely knows his own people.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Find someone who loves you like Capeci loves that "put some meat on the bone" line. It must be bittersweet for Jerry now that Mancuso's case has been resolved and he can't work it into his column every week. He'll definitely dust it off for the write-up he's gonna do when Garaufis finally croaks.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:50 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:23 am Amazing that Spirito and Mancuso would think the Feds wouldn't try and VOSR the Boss and Underboss of a family on probation.

Thanks for the post
They're stupid, they don't give a fuck about jail! That's their business, it's what they do.
And just about the time they come outta jail, hopefully Mr. Clark will be comin outta his coma...
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:06 pm Find someone who loves you like Capeci loves that "put some meat on the bone" line.
I know right? I'm so sick of all this gay judge/lawyer worship shit Capeci hand cranks his own sausage over, like these nerds are supposed to be so colorful and entertaining or whatever. Enough already!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

What's kind of funny is that Joe C inadvertently caused this. If the factional leadership rift thing didn't happen, it'd be less likely that Mancuso and Spirito would come home and hit the ground running like they did . They understandably needed to show they were around and running things, taking charge, all that...the whole captains voting against him in a garage thing, low key, backed Mancuso into a corner.

The evidence of all the meets and public sightings of Mancuso with Spirito specifically, seemed the most egregious to me. Almost ridiculous. You'd think even if they needed to move around, they'd know to stay away from one another or figure out something better than what they were doing. Weren't they codefendants on their original case that led to this supervised release? Spirito was probably top 3 on Mancuso's "no contact" list by the Feds
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:20 pm What's kind of funny is that Joe C inadvertently caused this. If the factional leadership rift thing didn't happen, it'd be less likely that Mancuso and Spirito would come home and hit the ground running like they did . They understandably needed to show they were around and running things, taking charge, all that...the whole captains voting against him in a garage thing, low key, backed Mancuso into a corner.

The evidence of all the meets and public sightings of Mancuso with Spirito specifically, seemed the most egregious to me. Almost ridiculous. You'd think even if they needed to move around, they'd know to stay away from one another or figure out something better than what they were doing. Weren't they codefendants on their original case that led to this supervised release? Spirito was probably top 3 on Mancuso's "no contact" list by the Feds
I agree, which makes me think that meeting in plain view in public may have been some show of solidarity on their part; i.e., was performative and not just a matter of convenience or laziness. Hard to imagine that they couldn’t just have had a couple of guys without felony records to act as go-betweens. It’s either that or Mancuso and Spirito are as dumb as two sacks of rocks, and — in spite of whatever failings in morals and temperament the man may have — you don’t get to be where Mancuso is and be that dumb.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

A great page two all. Great thoughts, contributions. Enjoyed the read, cheers.

A few points worth reinforcing: they knew what the score was and wanted to reinforce the protocol consequences be damned.
Joe C in fracturing the family resulted in the current admin needing to reinforce blah blah..

Great ideas, posts by all.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:18 pm Biding his time in the shadows, Joe C knew his time to strike had come!
Ya but what kind of t shirt is he wearing around port jeff?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Jerry's still the best to ever do it. Thanks for posting the column
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Is there a way for mancuso to do extra time and be off probabtion after he does the time?I think that would be a better move for him
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Thanks for the post
They're stupid, they don't give a fuck about jail! That's their business, it's what they do.
For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the local restaurant and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f***in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the restaurant. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail in 11 months after meeting with made men in public hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f***in' head open again.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Teflon Dom wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:01 pm

Thanks for the post
For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the local restaurant and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f***in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the restaurant. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail in 11 months after meeting with made men in public hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f***in' head open again.
Cause I'm stupid...I dont give a fuck about jail...that's my business
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bluehouse wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:37 pm Is there a way for mancuso to do extra time and be off probabtion after he does the time?I think that would be a better move for him
That's a good question. I'm not positive, but I don't think he'd be able to do that now on a violation of supervised release. It seems like something that would need to be worked out as a part of a plea deal on the original sentence. I don't think you can start chiseling years or start wheeling and dealing when it comes to these parole violations, but I could be wrong. Maybe he can haggle with them on when he actually has to report to prison, but something like what you mentioned may need to be established before actual sentencing.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:36 am
AntComello wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:36 am Thanks for posting…if Spirito is also on Supervised release why isn’t he in trouble for meeting with wiseguys?
They charged Mancuso 2 days before his supervised release ended
They’ll get Spirito soon. Not sure as to why they’re waiting
I think it’s because Spirito is a top target in the FBI’s Bonanno investigation. If he’s meeting with the boss, then he’s likely meeting with some capos/guys kicking up $.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.