Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

Over 35 redacted pages on the government's evidence of Italian Organized Crime in Buffalo in their response in opposition to the defenses motion to preclude all evidence of Italian Organized Crime at trial. Read the document and you will get a good idea of the case the government intends to made. It is fascinating the way they are going about it. See: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .533.0.pdf
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:11 pm Over 35 redacted pages on the government's evidence of Italian Organized Crime in Buffalo in their response in opposition to the defenses motion to preclude all evidence of Italian Organized Crime at trial. Read the document and you will get a good idea of the case the government intends to made. It is fascinating the way they are going about it. See: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .533.0.pdf
Really sounds like like a bunch of nothing burger regarding any Buffalo lcn activity
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:58 am
AntComello wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:15 am Would u mind explaining what gamesmanship is for myself and the other not so bright posters here lol
The judge has a "connection" to two of the witnesses the defense may call. He was "vexed" that these names were included and thanks this is "tactic" by the defense. We are not told what that "tactic" would be. As of right now that would just be a guess. Playing this guessing game one could surmise it is to delay the case further. The prosecution has already implied that Bongiovanni's attorney Mr. Harrington resigned to delay the trial and suggested the extra time might be used to get to witnesses the government planned to use. The previous felony case against Gerace took over 6 years to reach a judgment than another couple of years in appeal. I'm not an attorney but that certainly seems as if delay could have been the a strategy and part of the "gamesmanship" in that case.
Gotcha thanks for explaining 🙏
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Going back in time.

He was a teen when cops branded him ‘the devil.’ Decades later, he was baptized to a standing ovation.
Leon Robert Blais was a notorious child criminal. Today, he’s entrusted with the keys to a downtown church. Has he redeemed himself?
https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... a0ee2.html

Excerpt:

[Leon Robert] Blais didn’t know much about his biological grandfather, George Joseph Hasler, who died before he was born. It was only as an adult that he came to understand that he was essentially a hitman for the Mob.

After one of Blais’ many arrests, he happened to find himself on the same Barton jail range as the now dead Hamilton mobster Pat Musitano. Hamilton’s criminal underworld can be a small community, especially behind bars, and Blais knew everybody.

When he got to the range Musitano approached and handed Blais a book. They shook hands.

“I didn’t know your grandfather was George Hassler?” Musitano said, handing over a copy of “The Enforcer” by Adrian Humphreys, about the life and death of crime boss Johnny “Pops” Papalia.

On Page 77, the book talks of Papalia expanding his organization. This included moving “the much-feared Joe Hasler” to “designated enforcer.”

It was through this book and later conversations that Blais learned who his grandfather was. His mom later told him stories about her dad, who spent much of her life in prison.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

So absolutely nothing linking this to Buffalo LCN? Scott is acting like it’s a bombshell
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am So absolutely nothing linking this to Buffalo LCN? Scott is acting like it’s a bombshell
How is it nothing linking it to LCN? Its his nephew and all 3 brothers would be made if they didnt have direct interfamilial beef with their uncle.

If anything hes more LCN than his Uncle based on his current and past charges and connections.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

And what is this interfamilial beef?

Pretty sure Nickle only spoke of rumours of one and if he could go more into it that'd be appreciated.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:31 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am So absolutely nothing linking this to Buffalo LCN? Scott is acting like it’s a bombshell
How is it nothing linking it to LCN? Its his nephew and all 3 brothers would be made if they didnt have direct interfamilial beef with their uncle.

If anything hes more LCN than his Uncle based on his current and past charges and connections.
Fucking hell
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

It certainly may end up being nothing, but the government alleges the next 35 1/2 completely redacted pages, after the screenshot below, relate to the evidence they have of Italian Organized Crime in WNY. In the footnote the government tells the court that those redacted pages are not exhaustive and just an overview of the nature of IOC evidence it intends to introduce in court. That seems like more than nothing to me, in fact it seems significant in my opinion. Guess we will have to wait and see what they really have when this case finally makes it to court—if it does. I’ve been told over 90% of federal cases in a plea.

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:11 pm And what is this interfamilial beef?

Pretty sure Nickle only spoke of rumours of one and if he could go more into it that'd be appreciated.
Yes I’ve only heard rumors, nothing I can verify. From what I’ve heard Gerace was upset he hasn’t been made yet. That being said Todaro told the Buffalo News he hasn’t talked to his nephews in years. So maybe there is something to this. However, IMHO, it just as likely that this is a narrative they are creating to insulate Todaro. After court documents indicted witness have indicated Gerace told them he was in the mafia, indicating he was made. Exaggeration by Gerace? who knows.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Yea I’d bet that this is all bullshit and it’s all a ploy to make it look like Todaro isn’t involved.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:50 pm
It certainly may end up being nothing, but the government alleges the next 35 1/2 completely redacted pages, after the screenshot below, relate to the evidence they have of Italian Organized Crime in WNY. In the footnote the government tells the court that those redacted pages are not exhaustive and just an overview of the nature of IOC evidence it intends to introduce in court. That seems like more than nothing to me, in fact it seems significant in my opinion. Guess we will have to wait and see what they really have when this case finally makes it to court—if it does. I’ve been told over 90% of federal cases in a plea.

Thanks Nickle
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Cut his sister out of the La Nova spoils. Bullied senior for years. Always looked down on them. Etc.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:00 am

Cut his sister out of the La Nova spoils. Bullied senior for years. Always looked down on them. Etc.
And if this bad blood narrative is true, the feds are going to push hard to get Gerace to flip on his uncle.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:09 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:00 am

And if this bad blood narrative is true, the feds are going to push hard to get Gerace to flip on his uncle.
That’s if he actually knows anything