Anguilos in prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Anguilos in prison

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:54 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:33 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:41 am Underboss by Gerard Oneil and Dick Lehr (same people who wrote black mass) It's the best and really only book I know on them. Lots of transcripts from the tapes.
If you ever heard of the double deal podcast it actually describes them as constant complainers, gossipers and not as savvy as we might think. Not my words.
I listen to that show religiously. They say that about a lot of the guys they talk about. They also say the majority of the boston OC guys were informants, but not the Anguilos. Waiting for them to get the Howie Winter fbi docs, they say he was an informant at one time, never heard that before. Love that show.

I also listen to that show a lot. Although I was surprised that they said Howie winter was an informant at one time probably before the race fixing case. When I thought it was only Whitey, Stevie Flemmi and possibly Buddy mclean who were the informants in the Winter Hill Gang.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Buddy is confirmed as an informant
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Joeyboy1982 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:25 pm Buddy is confirmed as an informant
Thanks for your reply and if Buddy mclean and Howie were informants does that Joe Mac mcdonald was the only one who didn't cooperate with law enforcement in the winter-hill gang?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 am
SonnyC wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:12 am At least one did time in Sandstone, MN. A guy I knew, recently passed, did time with them in the '90s. Said they were good guys.
Wow, you don't hear about Sandstone much. Thanks for the info Sonny!
i know a guy who was there and protected dana giachetto (shook down in a nice way) or however you spell his name, the dude who misappropriated leonardo dicaprio and many celebs money
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:48 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 am
SonnyC wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:12 am At least one did time in Sandstone, MN. A guy I knew, recently passed, did time with them in the '90s. Said they were good guys.
Wow, you don't hear about Sandstone much. Thanks for the info Sonny!
i know a guy who was there and protected dana giachetto (shook down in a nice way) or however you spell his name, the dude who misappropriated leonardo dicaprio and many celebs money
The Asian guy from the 1MDB scandal is protecting wise guys?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

over ten years ago, I guy I know ffrom new springville and lifelong best friends with Lee d protected dana giachetto. this has to be over fifteen years ago
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

davidf1989 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:24 am
Thanks for your reply and if Buddy mclean and Howie were informants does that Joe Mac mcdonald was the only one who didn't cooperate with law enforcement in the winter-hill gang?
Don't believe Howie was. That's why he kept taking pinches due to the "unindicted co-conspirators" whitey and stevey. I think everyone was clean,with the exception of Johnny M but that was years later. He testified but was never an informant.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Joeyboy1982 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:58 pm
Don't believe Howie was. That's why he kept taking pinches due to the "unindicted co-conspirators" whitey and stevey. I think everyone was clean,with the exception of Johnny M but that was years later. He testified but was never an informant.
Apparently theres fbi docs that back up the claim Howie was an informant. From what they've said on double deal he was cut loose as an informant early on, much before the horse race indictment. But still waiting on double deal to talk about the files they requested/received. I am a little skeptical too we'll see
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:37 am
Apparently theres fbi docs that back up the claim Howie was an informant. From what they've said on double deal he was cut loose as an informant early on, much before the horse race indictment. But still waiting on double deal to talk about the files they requested/received. I am a little skeptical too we'll see
Thanks for your interesting comments Jake. I was a bit skeptical about the claim that Howie Winter was an informant so I can't wait to see the files the double deal podcast has to prove their case about Howie being an informant before the horse race indictment. Although this article https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 8/suggests that both Howie Winter and Ciulla were unindicted coconspirators in race fixing at the Pocono Downs which also involved the nephew of mob boss Russell Bufalino who was played by Joe Pesci in the film Irishman.

What does the term unindicted coconspirators actually mean in criminal cases?
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

davidf1989 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:51 am
Thanks for your interesting comments Jake. I was a bit skeptical about the claim that Howie Winter was an informant so I can't wait to see the files the double deal podcast has to prove their case about Howie being an informant before the horse race indictment. Although this article https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 8/suggests that both Howie Winter and Ciulla were unindicted coconspirators in race fixing at the Pocono Downs which also involved the nephew of mob boss Russell Bufalino who was played by Joe Pesci in the film Irishman.

I believe it means someone who was involved with the crime but is not being charged
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:23 am
davidf1989 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:51 am

I believe it means someone who was involved with the crime but is not being charged
Correct, someone who takes part in the conspiracy but isn’t charged. Nicky Scarfo was an unindicted coconspirator in the case involving his son and first plus bank if I’m not mistaken.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:40 pm Guy owned aton of real estate. Had a personal bank washing all his gambling money. Think I read he would have a family member deposit just under 10000 every weekday at the bank. Making small bill wash. Had a huge real estate book and lent out 100k loans like he was a mortgage broker
No they got the bank to approve their deposits of OVER $10,000 and not report it to the IRS. There was some kind of waiver certain companies could get back then where banks wouldn’t report the transactions over $10k. There is no telling how much money he was able to wash this way.

Being the kingpin over gambling in all of Boston made him a very rich man for sure
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

What do people make of this early article about Vincent Ferrara? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 75944/this one mentions that he worked for Danny Angiulo and was a candidate for induction according to Zannino and Cincotti

what do people make of this photo of Ferrara and Mercurio meeting with Bulger and Flemmi? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... /64444985/
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:28 am What do people make of this early article about Vincent Ferrara? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 75944/this one mentions that he worked for Danny Angiulo and was a candidate for induction according to Zannino and Cincotti

what do people make of this photo of Ferrara and Mercurio meeting with Bulger and Flemmi? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... /64444985/
Hey David I love these clippings you find. Feel free to PM me with any of the ones you find interesting. So is paying for that newspaper service worth it in your opinion?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:00 am
davidf1989 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:28 am What do people make of this early article about Vincent Ferrara? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 75944/this one mentions that he worked for Danny Angiulo and was a candidate for induction according to Zannino and Cincotti

Hey David I love these clippings you find. Feel free to PM me with any of the ones you find interesting. So is paying for that newspaper service worth it in your opinion?
Thanks for your response Jake and I thought that it was worth it to pay for the newspaper service to find out more about organized crime in America such as the Patriarca crime family. I will definitely PM you if I find any more clippings so that hopefully we can discuss them.