Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:37 am
JCB1977 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:25 am Looking forward to see if any concrete arrests are made or if any informants are being squeezed. Somebody wanted him dead, I know that much. Any hypothesis on who could be behind it? The Calabrians?
It's been reported that police believe Francesco Del Balso ordered it in retaliation for his October 2022 shooting that he survived unscathed and a shooting that took place at the end of January 2023 that unfortunately resulted in a innocent being shot and wounded in a case of mistaken identity. Kevin Rochebrun and Steve Emmanuel Barthélémy are suspected to have taken part in the shooting of Leonardo. No charges have been filed yet for any of them yet.

Some people also believe that the HA are involved due to Del Balso's closeness to them. As far as I know, there has been no reports stating that as of yet. But it's easy to see how one could come to that conclusion. There's currently a big drug investigation into Martin Robert's and Stephane Plouffe's network, which Del Balso is suspected of being involved in. The day Del Balso's house was searched in relation of Rizzuto's shooting, the houses of Martin Robert and Plouffe were also searched. At the time of Rizzuto's shooting, Del Balso and Martin Robert were out of the country together (I heard in Mexico).

This morning JdM released an article about the HA and repeated that the HA are not being investigated for the Rizzuto shooting. It also described Martin Robert's and Plouffe's relationship with Del Balso is "radioactive" and a cause of tension within the club.
“This story does not sit well with many other Hells Angels. It creates discontent internally and it makes the club look bad, ”told us a police source well connected to the underworld.
So even if Del Balso had some HA backers, it appears it would not be a unanimous among the Montreal HA. Makes me wonder if Cazzetta's benching late last year and his explusion/transfer from the Montreal HA had something to do with this as he is close with Rizzuto. The timing could just as easily be a coincidence.

You'll need to make an account to read.
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/ ... x-troubles

After Rizzuto was shot JdM put out an article with 3 theories. First was Desjardins was behind it, second is Mirarchi ordered it, and the third was came from people aligned with him that are upset with his leadership. Back on page 10 of this post I wrote up my own theory who could be behind the attack based on the third theory from JdM. My main suspect was Marco Pizzi, I also wondered if Davide Barberio and/or Del Balso could be involved given the 3 men are presumably close. It later came out Del Balso is the main suspect so I guess I wasn't too far off.

On May 7th, Lapresse released this article that mentioned the businesses of several mafia leaders have been the target of several arson attacks and shootings in recent months. Del Balso being one, for obvious reasons but Pizzi and Barberio have also been targeted and according to Lapresse it started right after Rizzuto was shot. Makes me wonder if Pizzi and Barberio do have some involvement after all.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... tition.php

It might be worth pointing out that Kevin Rochebrun is a member or associates with a gang based out of the Rivière-des-Prairies borough of Montreal which is an area Pizzi and Barberio are said to be influential. On the other hand he was also the one who tried killing Pizzi in 2016.
I mean.... I kinda mentioned this before, Barberio, Whooley, the guys who hold the street getting shot at..lol you threw cold water on it....
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Climbing on the horizon
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... orizon.php
Police believe the attack was ordered by Francesco Del Balso, with the backing of Hells Angels Montreal Chapter Martin Robert.
The Montreal Nebula
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... alaise.php
Gregory Woolley

The police believe that this formidable gang leader, who was once more linked to the Hells Angels during the 1990s and 2000s, now defends the interests of the Sicilian clan and will remain loyal to them.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So the "Book" is indeed still a thing, not only that... it's still the prize of the Montreal underworld..
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lol, and AGAIN, like I speculated...Whooley is the guy who holds the street for the Rizzutos...
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:25 am Looking forward to see if any concrete arrests are made or if any informants are being squeezed. Somebody wanted him dead, I know that much. Any hypothesis on who could be behind it? The Calabrians?
It's been reported that police believe Francesco Del Balso ordered it in retaliation for his October 2022 shooting that he survived unscathed and a shooting that took place at the end of January 2023 that unfortunately resulted in a innocent being shot and wounded in a case of mistaken identity. Kevin Rochebrun and Steve Emmanuel Barthélémy are suspected to have taken part in the shooting of Leonardo. No charges have been filed yet for any of them yet.

Some people also believe that the HA are involved due to Del Balso's closeness to them. As far as I know, there has been no reports stating that as of yet. But it's easy to see how one could come to that conclusion. There's currently a big drug investigation into Martin Robert's and Stephane Plouffe's network, which Del Balso is suspected of being involved in. The day Del Balso's house was searched in relation of Rizzuto's shooting, the houses of Martin Robert and Plouffe were also searched. At the time of Rizzuto's shooting, Del Balso and Martin Robert were out of the country together (I heard in Mexico).

This morning JdM released an article about the HA and repeated that the HA are not being investigated for the Rizzuto shooting. It also described Martin Robert's and Plouffe's relationship with Del Balso is "radioactive" and a cause of tension within the club.
“This story does not sit well with many other Hells Angels. It creates discontent internally and it makes the club look bad, ”told us a police source well connected to the underworld.
So even if Del Balso had some HA backers, it appears it would not be a unanimous among the Montreal HA. Makes me wonder if Cazzetta's benching late last year and his explusion/transfer from the Montreal HA had something to do with this as he is close with Rizzuto. The timing could just as easily be a coincidence.

After Rizzuto was shot JdM put out an article with 3 theories. First was Desjardins was behind it, second is Mirarchi ordered it, and the third was came from people aligned with him that are upset with his leadership. Back on page 10 of this post I wrote up my own theory who could be behind the attack based on the third theory from JdM. My main suspect was Marco Pizzi, I also wondered if Davide Barberio and/or Del Balso could be involved given the 3 men are presumably close. It later came out Del Balso is the main suspect so I guess I wasn't too far off.

On May 7th, Lapresse released this article that mentioned the businesses of several mafia leaders have been the target of several arson attacks and shootings in recent months. Del Balso being one, for obvious reasons but Pizzi and Barberio have also been targeted and according to Lapresse it started right after Rizzuto was shot. Makes me wonder if Pizzi and Barberio do have some involvement after all.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... tition.php

It might be worth pointing out that Kevin Rochebrun is a member or associates with a gang based out of the Rivière-des-Prairies borough of Montreal which is an area Pizzi and Barberio are said to be influential. On the other hand he was also the one who tried killing Pizzi in 2016.
Thank you OCSleeper.

Is Leonardo in hiding? He knows this isn't going to stop until he's dead. Is Sollecito still battling cancer? If so, is he in grave shape?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Salvatore Cazzetta is no longer HA? Is he out bad?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I'm rooting for the Rizzutos. Imo he has this stoic demeanor and always slips out of shit. For example the video of some detective questioning him and he starts talking but his instincts from being a lawyer he just talks in circles and the detective doesn't get shit. The detective looks like he is listening so intently thinking about the promotion he's about to get and he gets nothing. More over, the acquittal in 2019 because the judge says his "rights" were violated. Now he has possibly two shooters firing at his car and he manages to get a little pot shot in his leg and is out of the hospital before the street lights go on. People thinks he is stupid but he seems to always see it coming and you don't know you been had till the conclusion.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Should I post this article? Or is that bad etiquette?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Anyone should feel free to use my Evernote link to the article:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... CAUi6YDSVQ

It’ll be up to you to run and then post your own translation of the article.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:43 am Is Leonardo in hiding? He knows this isn't going to stop until he's dead. Is Sollecito still battling cancer? If so, is he in grave shape?
No idea what Leonardo is doing. Sollecito is apparently in very bad shape, one article said he's no longer considered active. Anti revealed to us a while back he suffered a stroke that left him with some paralysis too.
Hired_Goonz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 pm Salvatore Cazzetta is no longer HA? Is he out bad?
He seems to have had a falling out with the Montreal chapter. It was reported he wasn't allowed to wear his patch for a few months late last year and has since transfered to the South section in Quebec. He's still a member and in good standing as he has been seen at HA events since he switched chapters.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:21 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:43 am Is Leonardo in hiding? He knows this isn't going to stop until he's dead. Is Sollecito still battling cancer? If so, is he in grave shape?
No idea what Leonardo is doing. Sollecito is apparently in very bad shape, one article said he's no longer considered active. Anti revealed to us a while back he suffered a stroke that left him with some paralysis too.
Hired_Goonz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 pm Salvatore Cazzetta is no longer HA? Is he out bad?
He seems to have had a falling out with the Montreal chapter. It was reported he wasn't allowed to wear his patch for a few months late last year and has since transfered to the South section in Quebec. He's still a member and in good standing as he has been seen at HA events since he switched chapters.
Thanks, what a crazy life story this guy has had. I wonder if his brother Giovanni is still in the mix somehow.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Damn, if Del Balso did this with the backing of the Hells, shit may get ugly very fast.

The HA was apparently mad about the Sal Scoppa murder being done at that hotel in front of a bunch of witnesses in a crowded hotel lobby. And now with that woman being killed and that being all over the news, I can’t imagine how the streets will react to that.

Makes you wonder if the Rizzuto faction will lose face after a woman being murdered, if it was indeed retaliation ordered from the Rizzuto faction.

You’d think after their enemies failed to dislodge the Rizzutos after nearly two decades of wars that people would stop trying. But, here we go again.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

stubbs wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:03 pm Damn, if Del Balso did this with the backing of the Hells, shit may get ugly very fast.

The HA was apparently mad about the Sal Scoppa murder being done at that hotel in front of a bunch of witnesses in a crowded hotel lobby. And now with that woman being killed and that being all over the news, I can’t imagine how the streets will react to that.

Makes you wonder if the Rizzuto faction will lose face after a woman being murdered, if it was indeed retaliation ordered from the Rizzuto faction.

You’d think after their enemies failed to dislodge the Rizzutos after nearly two decades of wars that people would stop trying. But, here we go again.
The Hells Angels are mad the way the Scoppa hit was carried out? Isn't that some shit
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:07 pm
stubbs wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:03 pm Damn, if Del Balso did this with the backing of the Hells, shit may get ugly very fast.

The Hells Angels are mad the way the Scoppa hit was carried out? Isn't that some shit
That’s what I remember reading at the time, that they were mad how high profile and public the hit was.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:21 pm
Thank you for responding. If Sollecito is not active, does Leonardo have a co-boss?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP