Philly mob and Chicago Outfit are on the abyss

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Philly mob and Chicago Outfit are on the abyss

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Polaktony.

An ASSOCIATE knows about "ALL 5 families having connections to Chicago".

Dude, love and respect, but I don't know where to even start with this.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:52 pm Polaktony.

An ASSOCIATE knows about "ALL 5 families having connections to Chicago".

Dude, love and respect, but I don't know where to even start with this.
He personally knew guys affiliated with multiple NYC Families who were in Chicago during the time he was working there with guys from the Cicero crew. He gave me one guy’s name as an example and I was able to speak with someone about it who is absolutely in the position to know the guy in question and it checked out. There was also Elmo Amirante from the Bonnanos who was operating in suburban Chicago during this period. Plus we know that Dom Cirillo was stated by the Feds to have been the Genovese liaison to Chicago and either Dom or his son owned property during this time in suburban Wood Dale (a mobbed up town). So, that right there is already four of the five. You can believe that I’m talking out my ass if you like, but the person I’m referring to was a very serious guy and I was introduced to him by an even more serious guy.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

You saying Im not being serious ;)

I dont doubt this guy heard things. But dude, an ASSOCIATE, KNOWS, that all 5 families are doing business or have connections in Chi town? Dude. Lets break this down.

Associates cant even TALK to made guys, let alone be privy to their business, let alone be privy to the families business, let alone be privy to high end national connections..... AND this 'serious' guy, doesnt know about just ONE families involvement in Chi town, AS AN ASSOCIATE, but.... KNOWS ABOUT ALL FIVE FAMILES AND THEIR OPS?

This guys just walking around Chi town and meets a Bonnano, a guy from the Westside, A COLUMBO!!!, a Luke. And hes an associate just getting introduced and getting everyones credentials.

Dude. C'mon.

Youre making Burnstein look good.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:27 pm You saying Im not being serious ;)

I dont doubt this guy heard things. But dude, an ASSOCIATE, KNOWS, that all 5 families are doing business or have connections in Chi town? Dude. Lets break this down.

Associates cant even TALK to made guys, let alone be privy to their business, let alone be privy to the families business, let alone be privy to high end national connections..... AND this 'serious' guy, doesnt know about just ONE families involvement in Chi town, AS AN ASSOCIATE, but.... KNOWS ABOUT ALL FIVE FAMILES AND THEIR OPS?

This guys just walking around Chi town and meets a Bonnano, a guy from the Westside, A COLUMBO!!!, a Luke. And hes an associate just getting introduced and getting everyones credentials.

Dude. C'mon.

Youre making Burnstein look good.
He said that he was specifically sent from NYC to Chicago to work with guys in Chicago. He doesn’t know the exact connections at higher levels within those Families that enabled associates from NYC to work with associates in Chicago, but they existed. He knew of several other New York associates affiliated with different Families in NYC who were also working in Chicago because he knew them from New York. As I said, he gave me the name of one guy as an example and the guy checked out. Further, the source’s bonafides are not a question for me. He was introduced to me and vouched for by someone whose opinions on these matters count for A LOT more than either yours or mine.

Again, make funny little comments and say whatever you want, I know what I was told and where the info came from. I can decide to simply keep info like this to myself instead of having to deal with snide comments, or I can share it here on the board with others who I would hope will find it as interesting as I found it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

aray22 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:23 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:01 pm 1.Joseph Merlino (boss)
2.Michael Lancellotti (acting boss)
3.Joseph Ligambi (consigliere)
4.Martin Angelina (captain)
5.George Borgesi (captain)
6.John Ciancaglini (captain)
7.Joseph Licata (captain)
8.Anthony Accardo (Borgesi regime)
9.Anthony Borgesi (Borgesi regime)
10.Martin Curro
11.Eric Esposito
12.Louis Fazzini (Licata regime)
13.Vincent Filipelli
14.Joseph Grande
15.Francis Iannarella
16.Gaeton Lucibello
17.Nicholas Olivieri (Licata regime)
18.David Salvo (Borgesi regime)
19.Shawn Vetere
20.Damion Canalichio
21.Joseph Massimino
22.Anthony Staino

Presently incarcerated:

23.Steven Mazzone (underboss)
24.Domenic Grande (captain)
25.Salvatore Mazzone
26.Anthony Nicodemo
27.Salvatore Piccolo
28.Joseph Servidio

(Plus whoever has been inducted since 2015)

Possible members:

1.Nicholas Cimino
2.Frank DePasquale
3.Joseph DeSimone
4.Vincent Iannece
5.Albert Lancellotti
6.Philip Ligambi
7.Vito Malgeri
chin_gigante wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:39 pm 25-30 active members seems plausible.
Seems like 30+ active members is guaranteed.
Great list btw
You have Narducci as inactive?
Chin had him as questionable so I purposely left him off to be conservative. Same with Ally Lance and Vince Iannece who are listed as soldiers on Hairyknuckles list in the charts section. I think Philly could easily have 35+ maybe 40 active guys if we factor in unknown made members.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:27 pm
Associates cant even TALK to made guys, let alone be privy to their business, let alone be privy to the families business, let alone be privy to high end national connections
Sonny that’s just not true at all. Depending on who the associate is they can be in a position to know more than a made man. Add to that that a fair portion of made guys are complete wash women and you never know who knows what.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

How would one even become an associate if “associates aren’t aloud to talk to made guys”?? Doesn’t really make sense.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:55 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:27 pm
Associates cant even TALK to made guys, let alone be privy to their business, let alone be privy to the families business, let alone be privy to high end national connections
Sonny that’s just not true at all. Depending on who the associate is they can be in a position to know more than a made man. Add to that that a fair portion of made guys are complete wash women and you never know who knows what.
Yeah, that's complete horseshit. Sonny knows better than this
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:25 pm
Cheech wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:58 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:28 pm
Cheech wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:09 pm Philly was working with Chicago as well. I think it came out in the Nicodemo wiretaps
Do you have any further details on this?
https://youtu.be/QrtTggk4_bw

Around one min mark.
He says it could be Joe Bilochi or the guy from chicago”

It came out later philly was meeting with joe bilotti. Its not a stretch to think they were working w a chicago guy or guys. He says “the guy” from chicago. Seemingly referring to someone in particular.
Ok, yes, could be that he was referring to some guy with Chicago that they knew, or he could’ve meant “the guy from Chicago” as in “the boss of Chicago”, as he was telling his guy “John Gotti’s son could come up to ya, Joe Bilotti, it could be the guy from Chicago […] anyone approaches you [send them directly to see me]”. Could be that he was just trying to convey “I don’t care how much of a big deal a guy is, if anyone tries to come up to you send them to me”. Or, as you say, since it came out that Philly had links to Joe Bilotti, he may have had a specific Chicago guy with some ties to Philly in mind.
Yes. Agree. Either way sounds like Chicago is recognized there or why say it. Im not saying chicago is some powerhouse like it was. But im sure there is dealings going on.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

when could an associate not talk to a made guy?
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I think Licata mentioned that Centorino also had connections to guys in Chicago in that meeting that got recorded; could be wrong.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Here is the snippet from B's write up of the Stefaneli transrcipt that mentions Chicago -

- When Stefanelli was young, he and Centorino's cousin Larry did a lot of stealing together, including gold that was worth $30 an ounce, which they took to Centorino in trailer loads.

- Despite Trucchio being the one who brought up Centorino, Licata tells him "he's a friend with us" and that "he's with me" but "can't earn three cents with him." In reference to this, Stefanelli asks Licata, "How about the guys in Chicago?" which Licata replies with, "They're not getting their three cents."

- Stefanelli clarifies that Centorino had a "crew" in Chicago where he used to steal, including diamonds. Licata says this involved a guy from Boston who fenced he diamonds. The Boston guy was named Jimmy and belonged to Bobby Cabert.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

moneyman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:17 am Here is the snippet from B's write up of the Stefaneli transrcipt that mentions Chicago -

- When Stefanelli was young, he and Centorino's cousin Larry did a lot of stealing together, including gold that was worth $30 an ounce, which they took to Centorino in trailer loads.

- Despite Trucchio being the one who brought up Centorino, Licata tells him "he's a friend with us" and that "he's with me" but "can't earn three cents with him." In reference to this, Stefanelli asks Licata, "How about the guys in Chicago?" which Licata replies with, "They're not getting their three cents."

- Stefanelli clarifies that Centorino had a "crew" in Chicago where he used to steal, including diamonds. Licata says this involved a guy from Boston who fenced he diamonds. The Boston guy was named Jimmy and belonged to Bobby Cabert.
Nice, good info I had missed this.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Cheech wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:54 am
Cheech wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:09 pm Philly was working with Chicago as well. I think it came out in the Nicodemo wiretaps

Around one min mark.

It came out later philly was meeting with joe bilotti. Its not a stretch to think they were working w a chicago guy or guys. He says “the guy” from chicago. Seemingly referring to someone in particular.
Ok, yes, could be that he was referring to some guy with Chicago that they knew, or he could’ve meant “the guy from Chicago” as in “the boss of Chicago”, as he was telling his guy “John Gotti’s son could come up to ya, Joe Bilotti, it could be the guy from Chicago […] anyone approaches you [send them directly to see me]”. Could be that he was just trying to convey “I don’t care how much of a big deal a guy is, if anyone tries to come up to you send them to me”. Or, as you say, since it came out that Philly had links to Joe Bilotti, he may have had a specific Chicago guy with some ties to Philly in mind.
Yes. Agree. Either way sounds like Chicago is recognized there or why say it. Im not saying chicago is some powerhouse like it was. But im sure there is dealings going on.
Agreed. Someone else already posted the Centorino thing. Even though we usually think of Chicago having close ties to the NYC Families and those in the Midwest and West, there are some past connections with Philly that serve as precedent or background. There were connections during the Bruno era that were very interesting; I’ve been working on something related but haven’t had the time to finish it yet. And, the Stanfas have relatives in Chicago (unsurprisingly, given that the Stanfas are from Càccamo).
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:25 am
Cheech wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:54 am

Around one min mark.

Agreed. Someone else already posted the Centorino thing. Even though we usually think of Chicago having close ties to the NYC Families and those in the Midwest and West, there are some past connections with Philly that serve as precedent or background. There were connections during the Bruno era that were very interesting; I’ve been working on something related but haven’t had the time to finish it yet. And, the Stanfas have relatives in Chicago (unsurprisingly, given that the Stanfas are from Càccamo).
throw in New England. forget they have a crew there...,those paintings made there way down too....