Transcript of Ray Patriarca, Joe Zerilli, "Andy Boston"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Transcript of Ray Patriarca, Joe Zerilli, "Andy Boston"

Post by B. »

Great job, Hairy. I knew I could count on you.

Sounds like it is just a coincidence that Eppolito was also close to Andrew Alberti. I would now bank on Andrew Parillo being the guy.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Raymond also says "I saved his life". Maybe he got him out of the cop rap and got him to Brooklyn?
So interesting.
and like that...he was gone
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

I glanced through part of it and part of the convo that stood out was how Boston was talking about a heist and how his friend was going to be left behind at the heist and he couldn't warn him or tell him about it, I'm assuming eppolito was going to have a friend of bostons murdered. That part and the part that Boston said eppolito knows everything about Carlo, his whereabouts his routine, like he was planning something against the boss. It struck me like Boston was trying to instill a seed about eppolito that he can't be trusted. IMHO

I'm also assuming this is the eppolito that gangi and demeo killed?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

rayray wrote:I glanced through part of it and part of the convo that stood out was how Boston was talking about a heist and how his friend was going to be left behind at the heist and he couldn't warn him or tell him about it, I'm assuming eppolito was going to have a friend of bostons murdered. That part and the part that Boston said eppolito knows everything about Carlo, his whereabouts his routine, like he was planning something against the boss. It struck me like Boston was trying to instill a seed about eppolito that he can't be trusted. IMHO

I'm also assuming this is the eppolito that gangi and demeo killed?
No, his brother Jimmy Eppolito Sr. and nephew Jimmy Jr. were killed by Nino Gaggi and Demeo. Jimmy Sr. is the one who is referenced quite a bit in this conversation and seems to have been a neutral party between his brother Freddy Eppolito and this Andy Boston.

You are right that Boston is suggesting Eppolito is planning a move against Gambino, which is why Patriarca/Zerilli tell Boston to cool it and not have a "hard on" for Eppolito. They tell him to focus on the issues with his wife and Eppolito's threats at the bar. Looking at the whole conversation, it's clear Zerilli is concerned with the stability of the Gambino family and trying to avoid any escalating problems like what happened right after Anastasia died.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Thanks B. and sorry if I mention anything you already talked about...

Yea, it also seemed Zerilli was agitated that he was away from home too much on commission business and couldn't earn the dollars he wanted, I think he said he's broke? Obviously, he's not broke probably more concerned he's not getting the proper kick-ups or agitated that these travels are coming out of his pocket.

They also mentioned about the commission possibly being reorganized.

I couldn't understand why this dispute was not handled in-house by the Gambino's? Was it because Andy Boston reached out to Raymond Patriarca? They said Carlo Gambino knew about the meeting and it seemed like Boston would eventually be meeting Carlo about the situation. Raymond warned him not to embarrass him while meeting Carlo.

It also seemed like they were scolding Boston for not following mob protocol by going to his capo, even though he wasn't getting along with his capo. But Boston told them he did tell his capo he was going to reach out to Patriarca. Raymond P. then says that Boston was a good kid when they knew each other years before, they also talk about a lot of members don't know the proper rules because the Gambino family is too large.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I took it as andy Boston gets into at a bar late with Freddy. then he takes off to Rhode Island. he keeps saying something like i didnt run or i didnt just take off.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote:I took it as andy Boston gets into at a bar late with Freddy. then he takes off to Rhode Island. he keeps saying something like i didnt run or i didnt just take off.
Yeah, he says he told Eppolito he was going to see Patriarca and Eppolito offered him a letter of introduction. This makes me wonder, as letters of introduction were used in the early days to introduce men to bosses of families in other cities, but I don't know of them being used post-1920. I assume Patriarca and Parillo had already been introduced as members based on this conversation, though, so maybe the letter was intended to explain the situation or something else. Either way Parillo rejected the offer.
rayray wrote: They also mentioned about the commission possibly being reorganized.

I couldn't understand why this dispute was not handled in-house by the Gambino's? Was it because Andy Boston reached out to Raymond Patriarca? They said Carlo Gambino knew about the meeting and it seemed like Boston would eventually be meeting Carlo about the situation. Raymond warned him not to embarrass him while meeting Carlo.

It also seemed like they were scolding Boston for not following mob protocol by going to his capo, even though he wasn't getting along with his capo. But Boston told them he did tell his capo he was going to reach out to Patriarca. Raymond P. then says that Boston was a good kid when they knew each other years before, they also talk about a lot of members don't know the proper rules because the Gambino family is too large.
The Commission thing is weird because Zerilli talks about reorganizing it, then goes on to mention a number of top Gambino captains somehow in connection with that.

Seems like the dispute wasn't being "officially" mediated by Patriarca/Zerilli, but that Boston sought out his friend Patriarca for advice on the next steps to take and Zerilli happened to be in town on other business so he stepped in as well to make sure the situation doesn't escalate.

Even though he wasn't consigliere yet, the fact that he sought out Joe N Gallo tells me that Gallo was already seen as a mediator.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

^^^
thats what I took of it. Boston senses something he doesn't like from his capo/crew. goes to see his "sister" in RI to clear his head. seeks out an old friend, Raymond. Joe Z happens to be in town. Ray offers Boston a chance to bounce it off Joe Z.
the letter of introduction throws me.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

B. wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
B. wrote:
Thanks. I edited my post because I found another doc where he is identified as Andrew Parilla. Looks like his real name was Andrew Parillo.
The Andrew Parillo mentioned seems to have been born in NY, But who knows, it´s possible he lived in New England at some point. I´ve never heard of him before and can´t see him listed on any memberchart lists. Perhas JD knows more about him?
The one born in ~1910 in Providence is a good bet.

One thing that stands out is what a huge deal the whole Johnny Roberts situation was on a national level. Zerilli keeps going back to it in this conversation. Back when I read the Valachi papers the first time I remember thinking he was just some Anastasia lackey who got wiped out, but he seems to have been a major force before he got killed. Magaddino seems to have similar (though more confusing) ramblings about that situation.
I've done some research on Johnny Roberts. After the Moretti murder he was free and clear EXCEPT for the fact that one man working in a garage (who wanted to become a cop) decided to rat him out. He told the authorities that he parked Johnny's car in the garage the day he clipped Moretti. So after that they held Roberts in Hackensack, NJ jail for a while hoping he'd talk. He didn't. When they let him go back to Brooklyn that's when he got hit. I have heard that the street guys around Roberts were loyal and respected him because he let them grow. Others were jealous of him. But once Anastasia was hit Roberts had to go. Also, his brother was a cop from what I heard.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

I hope I'm not disrupting your thread. Sometimes I feel awkward posting on these OC threads. Thanks for letting me share.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

no reason to feel awkward AG. feel free.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@ Pogo.

You could learn a lot from AG777's avatar selection methods.

ALOT.

(http://www.ihateclowns.com)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

AG777 wrote:
B. wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
B. wrote:
Thanks. I edited my post because I found another doc where he is identified as Andrew Parilla. Looks like his real name was Andrew Parillo.
The Andrew Parillo mentioned seems to have been born in NY, But who knows, it´s possible he lived in New England at some point. I´ve never heard of him before and can´t see him listed on any memberchart lists. Perhas JD knows more about him?

One thing that stands out is what a huge deal the whole Johnny Roberts situation was on a national level. Zerilli keeps going back to it in this conversation. Back when I read the Valachi papers the first time I remember thinking he was just some Anastasia lackey who got wiped out, but he seems to have been a major force before he got killed. Magaddino seems to have similar (though more confusing) ramblings about that situation.
I've done some research on Johnny Roberts. After the Moretti murder he was free and clear EXCEPT for the fact that one man working in a garage (who wanted to become a cop) decided to rat him out. He told the authorities that he parked Johnny's car in the garage the day he clipped Moretti. So after that they held Roberts in Hackensack, NJ jail for a while hoping he'd talk. He didn't. When they let him go back to Brooklyn that's when he got hit. I have heard that the street guys around Roberts were loyal and respected him because he let them grow. Others were jealous of him. But once Anastasia was hit Roberts had to go. Also, his brother was a cop from what I heard.
No, always feel free to chime in. The best discussions on here always come from topics spinning off in other directions... sometimes I try to make it clear I want to avoid certain things because they result in the same old arguments (i.e. Montreal), but that's different.

The only thing confusing is you mentioned that Roberts got killed when he went back to Brooklyn after the cops interrogated him about the Moretti murder, but that was years earlier. Am I just misunderstanding? I'm curious when and how Roberts got released to the Gambino family. Valachi talks about him being a Genovese associate at one point who was later made and promoted to captain under Anastasia.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

B. wrote:
AG777 wrote:
B. wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
B. wrote:

No, always feel free to chime in. The best discussions on here always come from topics spinning off in other directions... sometimes I try to make it clear I want to avoid certain things because they result in the same old arguments (i.e. Montreal), but that's different.

The only thing confusing is you mentioned that Roberts got killed when he went back to Brooklyn after the cops interrogated him about the Moretti murder, but that was years earlier. Am I just misunderstanding? I'm curious when and how Roberts got released to the Gambino family. Valachi talks about him being a Genovese associate at one point who was later made and promoted to captain under Anastasia.
No, you are correct as I wrote that up wrong. I should have written this: He spent time in jail in NY then was extradited to NJ where he spent a year + in Hackensack jail and finally made bail and was released. He was not clipped right after he went back to Brooklyn. But after Anastasia went then he had to go.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: I'm curious when and how Roberts got released to the Gambino family. Valachi talks about him being a Genovese associate at one point who was later made and promoted to captain under Anastasia.
It was Valachi Papers that said Tony Bender didn't have enough clout to get Johnny Roberts made because his brother was a cop. Anastasia on the other hand did.