Long, excellent series on Wheeling mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Long, excellent series on Wheeling mob

Post by PolackTony »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:26 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 am
Paul1921 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:36 am This was a great series. Read it and enjoyed it thoroughly. According to Eggy Prosdocimo and a former law enforcement officer who worked the PG mob, Hankish paid up a portion of his profits to Pecora, Porter and Zottola based on whoever his contact was at the time.
Glad you like it!

Figured that Pecora would be involved. The Mafia Don of West Virginia! :D
Just a rather humorist piece - Jo Jo had West Virginia licence with only the number 2.
Joe bitched that he should have the Governors plate number 1.
After all, Jo Jo paid the Governor more than the state did :)
LOL
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:09 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:26 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 am
Paul1921 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:36 am This was a great series. Read it and enjoyed it thoroughly. According to Eggy Prosdocimo and a former law enforcement officer who worked the PG mob, Hankish paid up a portion of his profits to Pecora, Porter and Zottola based on whoever his contact was at the time.
Glad you like it!

Figured that Pecora would be involved. The Mafia Don of West Virginia! :D
Just a rather humorist piece - Jo Jo had West Virginia licence with only the number 2.
Joe bitched that he should have the Governors plate number 1.
After all, Jo Jo paid the Governor more than the state did :)
You were friendly with him in real life, right?
Close enough to call him "Uncle" Joe :) He invited to his hunting camp, Charlie's Roost for Deer season. That also where I met Michael.
I met Charlie from Dad taking me for lunch at The Sunrise Inn and I then met Tony Desanter through Charlie who became Uncle Charlie.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:14 pm Close enough to call him "Uncle" Joe :) He invited to his hunting camp, Charlie's Roost for Deer season. That also where I met Michael.
I met Charlie from Dad taking me for lunch at The Sunrise Inn and I then met Tony Desanter through Charlie who became Uncle Charlie.
According to Paul1921, your friend Henry was the guy over Hankish at one point. I bet that was toward the end for a couple years after Pecora died but before Hankish went down in 1990.

People make such a big deal about the Strollo takedown and the final destruction of the Youngstown mob that everyone seems to overlook the Hankish bust, but Wheeling was also a big tentacle of Pittsburgh that got cut off by the feds.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:46 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:14 pm Close enough to call him "Uncle" Joe :) He invited to his hunting camp, Charlie's Roost for Deer season. That also where I met Michael.
According to Paul1921, your friend Henry was the guy over Hankish at one point. I bet that was toward the end for a couple years after Pecora died but before Hankish went down in 1990.

People make such a big deal about the Strollo takedown and the final destruction of the Youngstown mob that everyone seems to overlook the Hankish bust, but Wheeling was also a big tentacle of Pittsburgh that got cut off by the feds.
I actually met Paul through Henry. Occasionally we would meet Paul at Ernie's Esquire in Wheeling where Henry brought a "paper bag" for Paul and Paul bought dinner and ladies for later ;) I also got invited to Paul's house. Henry told me not even look at his wife. She was a dynamite looker ;)
Maybe I'm wrong but no one made that much of a big deal over Paul's bust. Lenny, ratting out his friend, Bernie the Jew, was a Big Deal :x
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:15 pm Maybe I'm wrong but no one made that much of a big deal over Paul's bust. Lenny, ratting out his friend, Bernie the Jew, was a Big Deal :x
Yeah the Hankish bust just kind of quietly happened. The Youngstown meltdown, on the other hand, was national news.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID