Who blew up the bronze doors of Frank Costello mausoleum?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bontade
Straightened out

Who blew up the bronze doors of Frank Costello mausoleum?

Post by Bontade »

I heard that Carmine Galante ordered to blow up the door crit Castello? So he celebrated his release. Is it true or just a rumor?
Sol
Admin

Re: Who blew up the bronze doors of Frank Costello mausoleum

Post by Sol »

Bontade wrote:I heard that Carmine Galante ordered to blow up the door crit Castello? So he celebrated his release. Is it true or just a rumor?
I've always wondered this myself, for some reasons I never did believe Carmine ordered it. I would love to find out who did it though, but I get the feeling this is one of those things we will never truly know.......Soliai
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

His wife farted while visiting. Lauretta was an unusually gassy woman. Thank God for those crosswinds at Saint Michael's. You can almost feel the planes taking off and landing at LaGuardia. If not for that, that fart might have done in poor Mrs. Costello.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I never questioned this as I'd really see Carmine Galante do such a thing.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

I never saw the purpose of doing this ... Kind of senseless move if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'll make Carlo Gambino shit in the middle of Times Square.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Never heard any confirmation of who was responsible. The only rumor was that Galante ordered it because he hated Costello.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

What was Galante's beef with Costello? Joe Bonanno didn't seem to have a problem with him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

East Bronx wrote:His wife farted while visiting. Lauretta was an unusually gassy woman. Thank God for those crosswinds at Saint Michael's. You can almost feel the planes taking off and landing at LaGuardia. If not for that, that fart might have done in poor Mrs. Costello.

-I heard Ginny Sac is getting a 90lb mole removed from her ass. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A mole on her ass? What's the joke? I still don't get it.

Pogo
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Antiliar wrote:Never heard any confirmation of who was responsible. The only rumor was that Galante ordered it because he hated Costello.
Probably because Costello was able to go from low level hood peddling in dope but then graduating to a much more diverse rackets including his pretty large nationwide gambling empire. If think Costello was able to reach more more high level legit businessmen and politicians where Galante no matter how you cut was a junk dealer at a young age and as an old man was still deeply involved. Maybe there was some jealously on Galante's part towards Costello for this. Maybe Costello rubbed it in Galante's face ..who knows? Galante did reach the top of the Bonanno's and was Joe B's underboss for a while. But the guy was just a thug and a junk dealer. He was a small guy but he was a true thug.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Actually Galante was never the UnderBoss.

Pogo
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Actually Galante was never the UnderBoss.

Pogo
I thought he was....What was his rank when he was caught for drug dealing and did 12 years? A capo?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was a Capo. The UnderBosses in the 50s were Frank Garafalo and Johnny Morales. I believe the confusion comes from Galante being listed as the UnderBoss in the Valachi chart.

Pogo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote:A mole on her ass? What's the joke? I still don't get it.

Pogo
The implication is her ass is so big she could have a mole that size removed from it.
All roads lead to New York.