New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by CornerBoy »

was riccobono consig at that point? Or did he abdicate to joe n gallo by that time. what's the story w that?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:45 am this is "staten island joe", correct?
I believe this report is talking about John Riccobono the brother of Staten Island Joe Riccobono. Joe was dead by this time and had been taken down as Consigliere by the late 60’s.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

A committee has been formed consisting of Riccobono and Gotti to handle problems within Gambino family. If they cannot be resolved at this level, a sit-down will be arranged with [redacted].
I found that particularly interesting. Wondering if this was a committee the likes of which we see in the Bonanno family around the same time where they're tasked with assisting the administration, or if this was a committee with more of an operational goal, like the construction panels.

Also interesting that the source advised the Gambino family books were closed at the time (July 1980).
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:59 am
CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:45 am this is "staten island joe", correct?
I believe this report is talking about John Riccobono the brother of Staten Island Joe Riccobono. Joe was dead by this time and had been taken down as Consigliere by the late 60’s.
yeah, that sounds right. Sorry, I must've misread the article. I knew something was off.

I guess the powers that be had some faith in him-= castellano was boss at this time so he obviously had a certain degree of confidence in Gotti at that pt in time? didn't even realize that gotti was even in his sphere that much at this juncture. if im overtired and a retard, pls tell me! Thank you
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

imagine some old gangsters in Bmore having this cocky asshole telling them not to sell drugs when he was neck deep in that shit. Amazing that the guy left nothing to show for it.Angela and Vicky probably have no money and if V has money it's from Carmine. Peter lives in his childhood home that his son was selling the equivalent of heroin out of. selling drugs out of the house where Victoria Sr lives. hysterical. only reason why john jr has money is he bought legit companies and real estate early on with blood money. I wish my father bought me a building and a trucking company when i was 19. You think Kasman stole all the money or did he gamble it all away? what a total scumbag and idiot. What sick depraved animal sends his own brother to prison for 35 years when he could've pled to like 7.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:22 am I guess the powers that be had some faith in him-= castellano was boss at this time so he obviously had a certain degree of confidence in Gotti at that pt in time? didn't even realize that gotti was even in his sphere that much at this juncture. if im overtired and a retard, pls tell me! Thank you
I believe either DiLeonardo or Sammy on their YT channels mentioned Castellano once in early 1980-s pointed in Gotti's direction and said 'This man will be a boss one day' or sth like that.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Axx- really? I had no idea. maybe i underestimate gotti. just seemed like a fucking animal but i haven't read any of those gotti books in 10 plus years probably 15 yrs
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

New post with a chart outlining the Colombo Family in 1973 from information provided by Scarpa.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2023/02/co ... -text.html
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Only one member in his 80s? There's probably other old-timers Scarpa forgot about or was unaware of.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Found this at Lcn bios

Frank's father Vincent 'Bozey / Boozy' DeCicco (1913-1979), whose family came to the US from Potenza in Basilicata, was a Gambino Soldier.

I'm confused. I thought DeCicco's fam was from Campania?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

New bio on Vincenzo Caruso of Madison, WI.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:13 am Found this at Lcn bios

Frank's father Vincent 'Bozey / Boozy' DeCicco (1913-1979), whose family came to the US from Potenza in Basilicata, was a Gambino Soldier.

I'm confused. I thought DeCicco's fam was from Campania?
I believe the Fappiano side (maternal) is at least from Campania. DiLeonardo said his ex-wife was a Nappy and that Frank DeCicco called himself one.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

axx wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:35 pm Joseph Giardano (St. Louis)
https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2023/03/jo ... louis.html
Glad that JD is continuing to look into Midwest guys.

Whenever I think that the FBI had really poor intel about Chicago back in the day, all I need to do is look at what they had for STL and Chicago was almost a goldmine by comparison. For example, on the 1967 member list that JD cites here, out of 12 identified members of the STL "outfit", 9 -- including both Anthony and Joe Giardano -- were only identified as such by bug, while two others were ID'd by Milwaukee member Augie Maniaci and another by an unknown Detroit source. Obviously by this time STL was already a small and declining Family in terms of formal membership, but the Feds had very little insight into them.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He also recently did a good write up on. Milwaukee.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2023/03/st ... aukee.html

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.