Chin in prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Chin in prison

Post by JeremyTheJew »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 pm Would love to hear more about Chin’s bid.

Was he able to maintain control over over the family?
That was his goal at first before admitted he was playing crazy.

I wish a youtuber would comment on prison life for hin
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He made a bathrobe out of his bed sheets because he felt naked and powerless without one
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

B. wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:08 pm He made a bathrobe out of his bed sheets because he felt naked and powerless without one
Remmember"find me guilty" about Jackie diNoscio

Wheres my chair!?!?!?!
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

There's another funny story where some hillbilly in jail with him told him that his dad was in Murder Inc. with Chin and Chin was like "What the fuck are you talking about? I was a little kid back then!"
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Ivan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 am There's another funny story where some hillbilly in jail with him told him that his dad was in Murder Inc. with Chin and Chin was like "What the fuck are you talking about? I was a little kid back then!"
Inmates who end up in the federal prison hospital at Springfield, Missouri for one reason or another, invariably try to impress Chin Gigante if they run into the legendary Mafia boss who has been housed there since July, 2003.

Take Anthony (Tex) Elrod, a rotund 350 pound arsonist from Dallas, who arrived there from Leavenworth that November. Tex immediately tried to ingratiate himself with a tale about his grandfather being a charter member of Murder Inc. in the 1930s. "I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that you knew my grand daddy, didn't you Mr. Chin," he drawled.

With a look of ridicule, and daggers in his eyes, Gigante quickly shut him up and had the rest of the ward's patients howling with this retort: "What are you fucking talking about? I was a little kid then. What are you stupid? How the hell am I supposed to know him? Besides, since when did they have Cowboy wiseguys?"
:lol:
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Just listened to the MBA interview with Rita

She said he played crazy up until 9/11 after that he dropped rhe crazy act she said
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:06 pm
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 pm Would love to hear more about Chin’s bid.

That was his goal at first before admitted he was playing crazy.

I wish a youtuber would comment on prison life for hin
:roll: :lol:
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 pm

Yes, up until the time he died. I'd imagine he stopped using his son to pass messages after he later plead to putting on an act, but he was the boss up until he died. Even after he had a harder time communicating with people outside or when he went to Springfield for medical. He held the title and people that held the high level street positions were people that were supposedly put into position by him.

I forget which meeting it was at - if it was the 2000 meeting between all 5 families when Massino was the only non-acting boss there - or if it was just a Genovese & Gambino sitdown - but I remember reading at one of these, the Gambinos were asked why Gotti Sr. didn't step down as boss in prison. They quipped back asking why Chin didn't step down as well, and the Genovese said that it was because Chin had a release date.

So at that time, which had to have been between like 98 and 2002 (it probably was that 2000 meeting with everybody) I took that exchange to mean they still held up Chin as the official boss and that he'd be returning as such when he got out.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:34 pm Just listened to the MBA interview with Rita

She said he played crazy up until 9/11 after that he dropped rhe crazy act she said
The irony is that she's actual crazy one in the family and pretends to be sane.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:07 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:34 pm Just listened to the MBA interview with Rita

The irony is that she's actual crazy one in the family and pretends to be sane.
She communicates with the dead. ... And is a lesbian lol

Chin still talks to her
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:11 pm
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 pm

Yes, up until the time he died. I'd imagine he stopped using his son to pass messages after he later plead to putting on an act, but he was the boss up until he died. Even after he had a harder time communicating with people outside or when he went to Springfield for medical. He held the title and people that held the high level street positions were people that were supposedly put into position by him.

I forget which meeting it was at - if it was the 2000 meeting between all 5 families when Massino was the only non-acting boss there - or if it was just a Genovese & Gambino sitdown - but I remember reading at one of these, the Gambinos were asked why Gotti Sr. didn't step down as boss in prison. They quipped back asking why Chin didn't step down as well, and the Genovese said that it was because Chin had a release date.

So at that time, which had to have been between like 98 and 2002 (it probably was that 2000 meeting with everybody) I took that exchange to mean they still held up Chin as the official boss and that he'd be returning as such when he got out.
That really fucked up thing about it all is that if Chin's trial could've been pushed back just a little longer Pete Savino dies and Gigante might skate on that case...it wasn't long at all after he testified Blackheart died...
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Chin had that case pushed back for 7yrs that pretty impressive by his lawyers. Gotti was arrested and tried in like 18months give or take. I wonder how much input he had on his family in say 1995 or whatever. Did guys continue to go to his mother's house where he's on house arrest. I imagine his priest brother probably was running messages all along . He was probably more involved then we ever thought
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 am Chin had that case pushed back for 7yrs that pretty impressive by his lawyers. Gotti was arrested and tried in like 18months give or take. I wonder how much input he had on his family in say 1995 or whatever. Did guys continue to go to his mother's house where he's on house arrest. I imagine his priest brother probably was running messages all along . He was probably more involved then we ever thought
I’ve said this before, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised or the least bit shocked if the Chin’s Priest Brother ended up being straightened out on the DL….

-Dante
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is anyone watching Godfather of Harlem???

Its a completely made up series similar to the Rizzuto series but it has D'onofrio as the chin.

Basically they were able to make it seem lime bumpy johnson and the chin were fighting control for the heroin market.

I dont think the two ever met or were even in same eras
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:38 pm Is anyone watching Godfather of Harlem???

Its a completely made up series similar to the Rizzuto series but it has D'onofrio as the chin.

Basically they were able to make it seem lime bumpy johnson and the chin were fighting control for the heroin market.

I dont think the two ever met or were even in same eras
It's about as factual as the 1997 film Hoodlum that was also about Bumpy, i.e. not at all. Same screenwriter in fact - Chris Brancato.
All roads lead to New York.