Guys who are ashamed to be in the life

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Guys who are ashamed to be in the life

Post by Tonyd621 »

I'm not talking rats, nor am i talking about guys who are on their deathbed and want to go somewhere nice after they die.
I'm talking guys who are in the life, live by the code and wish they picked another line of work. Besides Jack Bonventure of the Bonannos...
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Guys who are ashamed to be in the life

Post by Dr031718 »

Joe Pungitore based on his I have a dream comments
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Los Angeles member Jimmy Caci, towards the end of his life in 2011, told former associate Kenji Gallo that the mob wasn't "all that it was cracked up to be" and that LCN life was "all messed up."
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Not the same, but I've read a few times, a few older mobsters will sometimes say, 'I am who I am, I did what I did', as a way of accepting and admitting the poor decisions that they made in their lives, sometimes murder.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

more than one would think
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

mike68 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:23 am Not the same, but I've read a few times, a few older mobsters will sometimes say, 'I am who I am, I did what I did', as a way of accepting and admitting the poor decisions that they made in their lives, sometimes murder.
In 1972 (right before his death) Outfit boss Ross Prio was called to testify before a federal grand jury and so he told the committee something similar like “I want to live out my life in peace. I am what I am. I have been this way all my life. I can’t become a fink now.”
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I don't know of ashamed is the word but Kenji wrote in his book how, when he'd be over at John Baudanza's place and John would be drinking, sometimes he'd get in these dark, emotional moods where he'd complain that he got pushed into the life by his family and it seemed like it wasn't really what he wanted. The unrelated comment by Johnny Sideburns about Baudanza only caring about wearing Yankee gear and his big house on Staten Island follows that.
All roads lead to New York.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:31 pm I don't know of ashamed is the word but Kenji wrote in his book how, when he'd be over at John Baudanza's place and John would be drinking, sometimes he'd get in these dark, emotional moods where he'd complain that he got pushed into the life by his family and it seemed like it wasn't really what he wanted. The unrelated comment by Johnny Sideburns about Baudanza only caring about wearing Yankee gear and his big house on Staten Island follows that.
It would be interesting to know more information about John Baudanza. As far as I know he was with Colombo with his uncle and father and then introduced to Lucchese…

Post by Guest »

It's hard to know, but Cleveland's Al Polizzi and KC's Joseph Gurera distanced themselves from their former associates, becoming active in the Church before their deaths. That suggests they had some regrets.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I’d be willing to bet anything there are guys who got hit with a huge amount of time in the 70s or 80s that now wish they would’ve cooperated. Especially some of the guys that passed in prison in recent years. Imagine spending your final years on this planet housed like an animal in a Covid infested prison. Probably haven’t had their cock touched by a woman in 25 years. Brutal. And I’m sure there are some active members getting up there in years that have some regret about things they’ve done.

But on the same token Mikey Scars has said multiple times he regrets cooperating and said the Feds just caught him at a time when he was weak. Anthony Arillotta regrets being associated with wiseguys and committing violence, but he’s not necessarily remorseful about being a criminal. I think if he had to do it over again he just woulda sold weed and coke and used that money to open a club.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Nurzhamba wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:42 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:31 pm I don't know of ashamed is the word but Kenji wrote in his book how, when he'd be over at John Baudanza's place and John would be drinking, sometimes he'd get in these dark, emotional moods where he'd complain that he got pushed into the life by his family and it seemed like it wasn't really what he wanted. The unrelated comment by Johnny Sideburns about Baudanza only caring about wearing Yankee gear and his big house on Staten Island follows that.
It would be interesting to know more information about John Baudanza. As far as I know he was with Colombo with his uncle and father and then introduced to Lucchese…
His introduction to the Luccheses came, in part, from marrying Danny Cutaia's daughter.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:02 pm
Nurzhamba wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:42 pm
His introduction to the Luccheses came, in part, from marrying Danny Cutaia's daughter.
Smokeshow by the way.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

she's nice looking. how old is his daughter now? 25?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

disregard the above statement please
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Dr031718 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:23 am Joe Pungitore based on his I have a dream comments
What was the exact comments? Tried searching his only court documents I saw online and couldn't find them.