Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Wiseguy »

Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:17 pm Pogo, Wiseguy, and anyone else, questioning Scott and anyone else on BHF is supported, I am a firm and true believer that no one should be above being questioned and challenged, but the sly remarks and the out right disrespect stops now. You want to take shot at Scott, GraveYard. No longer will this be allowed in here. Let me make this clear, Scott is a respected "Original BH member", as much as anyone else on here including you two. Enough of the childish back hand comments towards Scott, it has gotten real old. You want to challenge his articles or statements ask him directly. If he responds, you all can debate like adults, if he doesn't respond, move on. You two of all people talked the most shit about Pic, and how he use to throw his weight around at the old RD, and how that played a role in destroying that place, fast forward to 2023, and that's exactly what you two have become here, you two just do it in a round about way. I respect all of us Originals here, and I know, we are all good for this place, this place is the best, because of ALL OF US, but let us all be reminded, no one member here is bigger than the forum, I have no qualms putting anyone, and I mean ANYONE, on the self for a few weeks/months/years, if that is what needs to be done. If you force me down that road, on My Word, I won't hasitate.....Sol
Wait a minute. Pic rested on only his reputation and stories, especially when pressed. Neither Pogo or myself have a cult following like he did and argue our points like everyone else. Pic viewed himself as bigger than the RD and thought he had defacto decision on who stayed around. Nobody here thinks like that. All due respect, I don't think the comparison is accurate.

I can cut out the wisecracks (though I think they're pretty funny). But what if, like has been happening lately, somebody else posts the main points of an article Scott does on his website? Are you saying nobody can comment on them unless Scott is also in the thread? How does that work? Furthermore, for example, it's gotten to the point where even if Scott reports something, and someone says something like, "There's no evidence for that," it immediately goes to "Are you calling Scott a liar?!" I'm just trying to understand so I don't trip on any landmines.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah I'm not getting this either. While sure I'm guilty of making a few wisecracks in this thread it is pretty tame compared to what some others have said outright so I don't know why I'm being singled out by name.

Ditto for the Pic comparisons. He often gave ultimatums and threatened to wreck the forum by getting people to stop posting or starting his own forum if someone he didn't like wasn't banned. He often used his clout with the site owners to get people banned for no reason at all other than spite and to flex his muscles. I've never done anything of the sort and have devoted my time and effort to growing this place over the years so I don't know why I'm being compared to that asshole.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm
Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:17 pm Pogo, Wiseguy, and anyone else, questioning Scott and anyone else on BHF is supported, I am a firm and true believer that no one should be above being questioned and challenged, but the sly remarks and the out right disrespect stops now. You want to take shot at Scott, GraveYard. No longer will this be allowed in here. Let me make this clear, Scott is a respected "Original BH member", as much as anyone else on here including you two. Enough of the childish back hand comments towards Scott, it has gotten real old. You want to challenge his articles or statements ask him directly. If he responds, you all can debate like adults, if he doesn't respond, move on. You two of all people talked the most shit about Pic, and how he use to throw his weight around at the old RD, and how that played a role in destroying that place, fast forward to 2023, and that's exactly what you two have become here, you two just do it in a round about way. I respect all of us Originals here, and I know, we are all good for this place, this place is the best, because of ALL OF US, but let us all be reminded, no one member here is bigger than the forum, I have no qualms putting anyone, and I mean ANYONE, on the self for a few weeks/months/years, if that is what needs to be done. If you force me down that road, on My Word, I won't hasitate.....Sol
Wait a minute. Pic rested on only his reputation and stories, especially when pressed. Neither Pogo or myself have a cult following like he did and argue our points like everyone else. Pic viewed himself as bigger than the RD and thought he had defacto decision on who stayed around. Nobody here thinks like that. All due respect, I don't think the comparison is accurate.
You and Pogo must be blind to it, and I can understand why you two maybe blind to it, because it's you two who are doing it. It's hard for one to see his own faults. Yes you two are not yet as bad as he was, but you two are damn near have this mindset. None of the Mods here even regulate you two anymore, you two pretty much run free around here without a care what anyone thinks, trust me, I see it clearly, believe me when I say you two are damn near this mindset. And this is not me taking any personal shot at you two when I say this, it's bad.
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm I can cut out the wisecracks (though I think they're pretty funny). But what if, like has been happening lately, somebody else posts the main points of an article Scott does on his website? Are you saying nobody can comment on them unless Scott is also in the thread? How does that work? Furthermore, for example, it's gotten to the point where even if Scott reports something, and someone says something like, "There's no evidence for that," it immediately goes to "Are you calling Scott a liar?!" I'm just trying to understand so I don't trip on any landmines.
No, this is not what I'm saying, I am saying, stop being disrespectful. Stop with the backhand comments and sly remarks. It's uncalled for, and it's old alrady. Question and challenge, but in a respectful way. Stop being disrespectful to Scott.....Sol
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm Yeah I'm not getting this either. While sure I'm guilty of making a few wisecracks in this thread it is pretty tame compared to what some others have said outright so I don't know why I'm being singled out by name.

Ditto for the Pic comparisons. He often gave ultimatums and threatened to wreck the forum by getting people to stop posting or starting his own forum if someone he didn't like wasn't banned. He often used his clout with the site owners to get people banned for no reason at all other than spite and to flex his muscles. I've never done anything of the sort and have devoted my time and effort to growing this place over the years so I don't know why I'm being compared to that asshole.

Pogo
Does Tj ring a bell?......Sol
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:45 pm
You and Pogo must be blind to it, and I can understand why you two maybe blind to it, because it's you two who are doing it. It's hard for one to see his own faults. Yes you two are not yet as bad as he was, but you two are damn near have this mindset. None of the Mods here even regulate you two anymore, you two pretty much run free around here without a care what anyone thinks, trust me, I see it clearly, believe me when I say you two are damn near this mindset. And this is not me taking any personal shot at you two when I say this, it's bad.
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm I can cut out the wisecracks (though I think they're pretty funny). But what if, like has been happening lately, somebody else posts the main points of an article Scott does on his website? Are you saying nobody can comment on them unless Scott is also in the thread? How does that work? Furthermore, for example, it's gotten to the point where even if Scott reports something, and someone says something like, "There's no evidence for that," it immediately goes to "Are you calling Scott a liar?!" I'm just trying to understand so I don't trip on any landmines.
No, this is not what I'm saying, I am saying, stop being disrespectful. Stop with the backhand comments and sly remarks. It's uncalled for, and it's old alrady. Question and challenge, but in a respectful way. Stop being disrespectful to Scott.....Sol
Believe it or not, I have never seen myself as having some special privilege. I honestly don't keep track (or may forget) who is a mod but any time a mod lays down some edict - as a mod - that something needs to happen (or stop happening), I follow it. I've never thought to myself that I can just tell a mod to go pound sand. Throughout this thread, I thought I was debating other posters (some who, come to think of it, are mods) on individual disagreements, not ignoring some request somebody made as a moderator; which then necessitated going up the ladder. But point taken.
All roads lead to New York.

Post by Guest »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:47 am
CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:52 am But you just reminded me, i'll be in Park City area in Two weeks.
A frozen hell of overpriced art galleries and coffee shops full of hipster douchebags.
i dont have to deal w that bullshit. my hotel has ski in ski out and a great restaurant. In Deer Valley.

BTW that's the beauty of the selling process concerning art--pricing is amorphous, elastic, fungible SUBJECTIVE. I can sell one blood stain to you for 3 bucks and some gazillionaire could pay 300K.

You're an OK guy probably in real life but is there anythig you are positive about? Life is good and not a dress rehearsal
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

that was me above,sorry didnt sign in
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:26 pm that was me above,sorry didnt sign in
Were you automatically logged out on your phone?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:54 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm Yeah I'm not getting this either. While sure I'm guilty of making a few wisecracks in this thread it is pretty tame compared to what some others have said outright so I don't know why I'm being singled out by name.

Pogo

What about him? I never encouraged him to stop posting like Pic would try to get his followers to do if the mods didn't ban people he wanted. I never once called for TJs banning and he and I never had any problems on this forum. In fact we occasionally communicated by PM where he would send me info.

One can easily look up his last posts to see that he stopped posting on his own accord and it had nothing to do with me. So again I'm not seeing the Pic comparison.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=862
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:48 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:26 pm that was me above,sorry didnt sign in
Were you automatically logged out on your phone?
laptop
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

TJ was an awesome poster. what happened to him? He definitely had the inside scoop on NE and always shared just enough
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:05 pm
Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:54 pm

Pogo

What about him? I never encouraged him to stop posting like Pic would try to get his followers to do if the mods didn't ban people he wanted. I never once called for TJs banning and he and I never had any problems on this forum. In fact we occasionally communicated by PM where he would send me info.

One can easily look up his last posts to see that he stopped posting on his own accord and it had nothing to do with me. So again I'm not seeing the Pic comparison.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=862
Not gonna go back and forth with you. This is not the 1999 Real deal Sol, Too old for that, lol. You want to be blind, nothing I can do about that. I'm telling like it is. It's a lot of us who see it, you two just can't and I understand why. I'm not gonna argue with you two. Just telling you two to be respectful, that's all. If you two can't do it for Scott, do it for me....Sol
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:53 am TJ was an awesome poster. what happened to him? He definitely had the inside scoop on NE and always shared just enough
100% ACE. The forum lost an Ace when he stopped. Believe me when I say this, he is no Picasso. His info on NE and Philly sec to none, and was spot on every time. If only I could show you guys some of things he told me. Never once has he told me anything that didn't ended up happening. Great lost to this place when he stop posting......Sol
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:06 pm
Sol wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:45 pm
Believe it or not, I have never seen myself as having some special privilege. I honestly don't keep track (or may forget) who is a mod but any time a mod lays down some edict - as a mod - that something needs to happen (or stop happening), I follow it. I've never thought to myself that I can just tell a mod to go pound sand. Throughout this thread, I thought I was debating other posters (some who, come to think of it, are mods) on individual disagreements, not ignoring some request somebody made as a moderator; which then necessitated going up the ladder. But point taken.
I'm sure you can read my post and know, I'm not trying to trash you, you've known me long enough to know, I'm done with those days. Like I told Pogo, not here to cut you, I'm just letting you know what we all see. I barley read this place anymore and the little time I do it is super obvious, can't imagine what everyone else is thinking but just don't want to say it cause its you two. I'm not angry at anyone, I just don't want to see you twos ego destroy this place. Let's not let history repeat itself. That's all this is about......Sol
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

I still get PMs from TJ on here sometimes, got one a few weeks ago, he still reads here. I wish he'd post again. I wasn't paying much attention to this board during the era when he stopped. I respect the board and rules you've built, Soliai...its the best and only around and it feels like the online social club that RD felt like many moons ago. Albeit with an increased academic perspective and less "fresh street talk." Probably because there's less to talk about from the streets than in 2000 on RD. The board is more about history now and I'm a history nerd and love reading it and the collection of guys posting their knowledge here is unsurpassed.

My opinion is that Scott Burnstein is an inferior author to other authors mentioned and that his somewhat seemingly outlandish stuff will continue to be questioned. I think what you're saying is that its okay to continue questioning his statements/articles when questionable as long as its done respectfully. I didn't personally read the disrespectful stuff said about him but I understand the board's need to not let any one faction of "agrree-ors" dominate too strongly. I will say that I dont understand why Gangland can be posted here but not Gangster Report and that bums me out because I love the free reads! But when you weigh in like you did above I understand that you felt you had to for the health of the board and absolutely respect that. The other part of this is that Scott's intensity, talking over his cohost and guests, general mannerisms as a man will likely continue to get him laughed at by other men. Thats just how it goes once you put yourself on YouTube and people can see how you talk to other men. Thanks for the great place you've built here and for inviting me over here a few times back in the day.

Best Regards,

Mr. white