Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:52 pm
Ivan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:08 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:34 pm Philadelphia isn't one of my areas of interest so I tend to skip anything related to it.
You're missing out. The Scarfo stuff is every bit as weird-crazy-funny as Chicago in the 20s. :mrgreen:
I probably am, but I've already got a full plate.
Fair enough. Someone has to dig up info on Guiseppe Esposito or whatever while I sit here uselessly rereading Blood and Honor for the billionth time.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:12 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:48 pmPlease explain how it's related. What was your point in bringing it up?
The original question was over the validity, if not outright existence, of Scott's sources. You then brought up your own sources as a defense of Scott, which I thought is rather ironic considering at least one of them is telling you...online...about guys who have been made in the Outfit relatively recently.

Somebody...in a position to know who's been recently inducted in Chicago...coming on the internet to tell people about it.

You see any problems with this scenario? No offense but it sounds about as legit as Scott being privy to a private conversation between a boss and soldier in the Philly mob. Honestly, you're usually one of the more level-headed people on the forum and it surprises me.
Why don't you come out and say it instead of hedging? You tell me the problem with the scenario (mine, not Scott's). I brought up the fact that I have sources (you focused on the Chicago one) just like many researchers do. There's nothing unusual about it at all. Despite that fact you still seem to have an issue with researchers having sources (unless their last name happens to be Capeci, apparently).
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:12 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:48 pm If you want to bash Scott here - or anyone else - the place to do that is the Graveyard section, not the main section. Because that's what you and several others are doing. You're not just criticizing his recent articles, but going back years on claims irrelevant to the topic.

You claim he makes up dialogue, but you don't provide any evidence for it. You claim he has a low bar with his recognition of mob families. On the other hand, it could be said that your bar is unrealistically high. There could be an active mob family of five members and dozens of associates, but unless the FBI, Dept of Justice, the CIA, the NSA, and the United Nations signs off on multiple indictments you don't think it exists.

This reminds me of another poster here who said that Scott has a burden of proof to show evidence, but then he refuses to say what that evidence would consist of. It's like a man being put on trial and the judge says he won't be allowed to put on a defense. B verified that the "comeback" shirt is real and confirmed, but his testimony gets ignored. So from my point of view most of the bashing is just bad faith attacks.
Evidence submitted by the prosecution goes to his overall credibility, your honor. And how much benefit of the doubt, excluding any additional information, he should be be afforded on the Cammarano issue.

Beyond that, I don't think some of you are really being honest about this and choosing to look at Scott's reporting through rose-colored glasses at the expense of objectivity.
That's called an argument from silence. It's a logical fallacy.
Now that's bad faith. If what Scott has reported is actually happening and nary a peep from Capeci or anyone else on any of it? C'mon.
Another possible reason is that Capeci and Scott don't have the same sources.
That's clearly the case.
What I said is that Scott isn't lying. If he's faithfully reporting what his source is telling him, then that's his story. Sources can have access to inside information that we don't have access to, which is to be expected. Are inside sources always honest or accurate, no, and neither is anyone else. Prosecutors and police can lie too. People can join Mafia boards and lie about who they are as we've seen. If you want perfection, you're not going to get it in this life. Researchers try to vet their sources as best they can based on available evidence, but it's not always possible to go beyond that without putting the source in danger. Can we call up the FBI and ask them to back up a confidential source? Do you think the FBI would tell us about current investigations?

"Hello, FBI?"
"Yes, how can we help you?"
"I've got a guy with information on the Giordano crime family, can you tell me if his info is accurate?"
"What's his name?"
"I can't tell you that because it could put his life in danger."
"I see. Can you tell me your name so an agent can get back in touch with you?"
[Later at 3 am]
Bang, bang, bang
"Open up! This is the FBI!"
"Okay, I'm coming..."
"Boys, bust down the door!"

Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg. Frightening scenario aside, it often takes years or decades before we learn what happened in a crime family decades earlier. So I don't know what you're expecting, but from what I've seen so far it seems that your expectations are really, really unrealistic.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Incredible how Scott, and no else covering Philly, knows the exact words Merlino told Nicodemo in a private meeting about a murder they were going to commit. Funny how only Scott has mentioned this meeting between Nicodemo and Godfather Merlino. You figure it would have come up in Nicodemo's murder trial.

“Gino told Tony Nics (Anthony Nicodemo) to go fuck himself and he did it in front of a bunch of people,” a source recounted to Gangster Report of the beef. “Nics just stood there and smiled for a while and then he kicked him out….they were both yelling. Gino called him a wannabe and Anthony said yeah, you’re gonna wanna be in another country in about two seconds if you don’t kick bricks. Anthony ain’t someone to trifle with. Everyone knows that. Gino just didn’t care.”

Yeah this doesn't sound like dialogue out of some crappy direct to video mob movie or anything. :lol: Also funny that in all the years that GA and DS have been covering this murder they never once mentioned this incident (or the meeting between Godfther Melrino and Nicodemo) as a motive for the murder. Nor did it come up in the extensive coverage that this murder and the subsequent trial got in Philly. In fact it was confirmed that DiPietro was an informant and that was why he was killed. Thankfully we have Scott's "sources" to tell us the real score.

Pogo- did it ever occur to yyou that maybe Scott has better sources than Capeci? He knows made guys, federal agents( former and current) as well as ppl that fall into different categories. Maybe Anastasia and Dave S are semi-retired and don't have the inclination or energy to pursue this effervescently? His books speak for themselves. Y Your ou don't believe a proven journalist that is going to cash in big time on white boy ricky or whatever his name is. However, you take government press releases and indictments as gospel? Do you understand that the nypd org crime and feds put out misinformation to tickle the wire and to elicit certain reactions / thoughts? you are misguided and lack analytical thinking. I cannot believe I'm trying to get through to someone such as yourself, You're not a very nice person and I will leave the personal insults out of this. I won't bother w you anymore as it probably detracts from the discussion.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm What I said is that Scott isn't lying. If he's faithfully reporting what his source is telling him, then that's his story.

So in other words Scott can make any outlandish claim he wants but as long as he attributes it to "sources" he can never be accused of fabricating even when it is clear as day that is what it is. Got it.

It is too bad that William Balsamo didn't attribute all the stuff in his books to "sources" then maybe you wouldn't have come on here and accused him of fabricating events and dialogue. ;)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I don't think that's a fair comparison -- how many made members did William Balsamo write a book with?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:11 am I don't think that's a fair comparison -- how many made members did William Balsamo write a book with?

Well his grandfather was a made member and the first Godfather. ;)

Also Phil Carlo and Martin Gosch wrote books with made members but that hasn't stopped people on this forum (including those currently defending Scott) from accusing them of fabricating stuff. So why is Scott off limits from the same treatment that every other mob author gets?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:34 am All if the sudden "Wise"guy is thinking about men jerking off while eating pizza. His credibility has really gone down now if thats what his days consist of. These are dangerous times. Who will he think about jerking off next????

Him and Pogo. Huge cuckolds.
:lol: I was also the recipient of one of these odd insults that just sound gay. Is this like a shtick or does he really not get it?
Nah. Hes into the gay stuff. Its a pattern. Imagines guys jerking off and then uses it as a basis of ridicule not knowing hes the joke. "Wise"guy and Hobo have become the King and Queen of this forum that nobody listens to anymore and they cant stand that.

P.S. Close your blinds at night, they will try and peak in to see if you are eating pizza with one hand and jerking off with the other. Youve been warned!
Please complete and return at your earliest convenience.

FB_IMG_1676612176256.jpg
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm Why don't you come out and say it instead of hedging? You tell me the problem with the scenario (mine, not Scott's). I brought up the fact that I have sources (you focused on the Chicago one) just like many researchers do. There's nothing unusual about it at all. Despite that fact you still seem to have an issue with researchers having sources (unless their last name happens to be Capeci, apparently).
Capeci has a proven track record over decades and many of the things he reports is eventually validated through other sources available to the public. That you would compare him to Scott, who's record is rather spotty, or whoever you're talking to online, is ridiculous.
What I said is that Scott isn't lying. If he's faithfully reporting what his source is telling him, then that's his story. Sources can have access to inside information that we don't have access to, which is to be expected. Are inside sources always honest or accurate, no, and neither is anyone else. Prosecutors and police can lie too. People can join Mafia boards and lie about who they are as we've seen. If you want perfection, you're not going to get it in this life. Researchers try to vet their sources as best they can based on available evidence, but it's not always possible to go beyond that without putting the source in danger. Can we call up the FBI and ask them to back up a confidential source? Do you think the FBI would tell us about current investigations?

"Hello, FBI?"
"I've got a guy with information on the Giordano crime family, can you tell me if his info is accurate?"
"What's his name?"
[Later at 3 am]
Bang, bang, bang
"Okay, I'm coming..."

Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg. Frightening scenario aside, it often takes years or decades before we learn what happened in a crime family decades earlier. So I don't know what you're expecting, but from what I've seen so far it seems that your expectations are really, really unrealistic.
Like I said, considering his history, I'm just not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. No matter how much some of you want to vouch for him. I've already explained how, when it comes to his questionable reporting (which certainly isn't all or even the majority of it), he engages in sensationalism at the expense of accuracy. And, at times to a lesser extent, I've become convinced he does invent stuff on his own.
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:20 amPogo- did it ever occur to you that maybe Scott has better sources than Capeci?
That is absolutely precious. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:53 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:34 am All if the sudden "Wise"guy is thinking about men jerking off while eating pizza. His credibility has really gone down now if thats what his days consist of. These are dangerous times. Who will he think about jerking off next????

Him and Pogo. Huge cuckolds.
:lol: I was also the recipient of one of these odd insults that just sound gay. Is this like a shtick or does he really not get it?
Nah. Hes into the gay stuff. Its a pattern. Imagines guys jerking off and then uses it as a basis of ridicule not knowing hes the joke. "Wise"guy and Hobo have become the King and Queen of this forum that nobody listens to anymore and they cant stand that.

P.S. Close your blinds at night, they will try and peak in to see if you are eating pizza with one hand and jerking off with the other. Youve been warned!
Please complete and return at your earliest convenience.

FB_IMG_1676612176256.jpg
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm Why don't you come out and say it instead of hedging? You tell me the problem with the scenario (mine, not Scott's). I brought up the fact that I have sources (you focused on the Chicago one) just like many researchers do. There's nothing unusual about it at all. Despite that fact you still seem to have an issue with researchers having sources (unless their last name happens to be Capeci, apparently).
Capeci has a proven track record over decades and many of the things he reports is eventually validated through other sources available to the public. That you would compare him to Scott, who's record is rather spotty, or whoever you're talking to online, is ridiculous.

"Hello, FBI?"
"What's his name?"
[Later at 3 am]
Bang, bang, bang
"Okay, I'm coming..."

Like I said, considering his history, I'm just not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. No matter how much some of you want to vouch for him. I've already explained how, when it comes to his questionable reporting (which certainly isn't all or even the majority of it), he engages in sensationalism at the expense of accuracy. And, at times to a lesser extent, I've become convinced he does invent stuff on his own.
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:20 amPogo- did it ever occur to you that maybe Scott has better sources than Capeci?
That is absolutely precious. :lol:
Nah. Just not into all your gay shit
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Getting boring this
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

“Gino told Tony Nics (Anthony Nicodemo) to go fuck himself and he did it in front of a bunch of people,” a source recounted to Gangster Report of the beef. “Nics just stood there and smiled for a while and then he kicked him out….they were both yelling. Gino called him a wannabe and Anthony said yeah, you’re gonna wanna be in another country in about two seconds if you don’t kick bricks. Anthony ain’t someone to trifle with. Everyone knows that. Gino just didn’t care.”

No one in South Philly refers to Nicodemo as ‘Tony Nics’.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Ravens410 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:08 pm “Gino told Tony Nics (Anthony Nicodemo) to go fuck himself and he did it in front of a bunch of people,” a source recounted to Gangster Report of the beef. “Nics just stood there and smiled for a while and then he kicked him out….they were both yelling. Gino called him a wannabe and Anthony said yeah, you’re gonna wanna be in another country in about two seconds if you don’t kick bricks. Anthony ain’t someone to trifle with. Everyone knows that. Gino just didn’t care.”

I always thought that was funny. I have never heard him really referred to as anything other than Anthony in person.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Ravens410 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:08 pm “Gino told Tony Nics (Anthony Nicodemo) to go fuck himself and he did it in front of a bunch of people,” a source recounted to Gangster Report of the beef. “Nics just stood there and smiled for a while and then he kicked him out….they were both yelling. Gino called him a wannabe and Anthony said yeah, you’re gonna wanna be in another country in about two seconds if you don’t kick bricks. Anthony ain’t someone to trifle with. Everyone knows that. Gino just didn’t care.”

😂😂😂 clearly made up
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

:lol:
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Stop disrespecting Scott Bursteins character and integrity.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

He interviewed Rita Gigante and started talking about his own family.Its like someone interviewing Micheal Jordans son and then then start bragging about how his own father played in a high school basketball team.

Apparently the Cammaranos are now made guys with the genevese and now its going to be a Genevese vs Bonnano war.My source is really good so i believe this is already happening.