Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Wiseguy »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:41 pmFor the record, I live in SoCal, yet I have sources in Chicago and New York. Pretty amazing, right?
These wouldn't happen to be the sources who tell you the Lobues, Nitti, Rainone, etc are made, would they? Asking for a friend.
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:10 pm Sonny Blackracist is having a mental breakdown. Hold tight everyone this could take a while. Rapid posts about to take over the thread.

Please tell us more about nothing you know anything about. I beg you. Youve been flambeed by everyone on this board many times. Whats once more???
Shouldn't you be jerking off to a 1970s Buffalo article while eating La Nova pizza?
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 pm
he doesn't lie in his articles.
But he's not making this up.

So fabricating dialogue and attributing it to people as fact is not making stuff up or lying in an article? Good to hear.

Pogo
You know, the more I think about it, maybe they're right.

I mean, sure, Scott comes up with hooey Detroit charts and says the mob there still has a big impact on daily life...and OK, he says the Outfit has 50+ members and is taking over rackets in NW Indiana as we speak...and, fine, he thinks Cleveland is a thing...and alright, he claims Philly has a crew in Boston and is working with Kansas City...and, yeah, according to him there are hundreds of guys around the country, that have buttons, that have leadership positions, that nobody knows about...but maybe he should still be given the benefit of the doubt.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

aray22 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:32 pm
B. wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:39 pm Three of Frank's relatives were Bonanno captains, two of his first cousins are current Bonanno members, and other relatives were made in CDG. He's also a cousin of Dino Calabro of the Colombos.
Who are his two cousins?
The Navarra brothers
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:37 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:41 pmFor the record, I live in SoCal, yet I have sources in Chicago and New York. Pretty amazing, right?
These wouldn't happen to be the sources who tell you the Lobues, Nitti, Rainone, etc are made, would they? Asking for a friend.
That's one source. What about it?
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:36 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:19 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:05 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:32 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 am Lavechia said he wanted to do a story on it but couldnt get any sources at all that knew anything about it.
Lavechia needs to contact Per Sources. That guy has all the info.
This bullshit is getting old. Yes, Scott has sources. He's a journalist, an author, a podcaster, and an attorney. A lot of us who write have insider sources whose names we can't reveal because it would endanger their lives. He's putting out there what his sources are telling him, which he doesn't have to do. That shouldn't be news. I've known Scott for a long time and he doesn't lie in his articles. Does it mean that everything is necessarily 100% accurate? Not even the New York Times is close to 90% accurate. It means he accurately reports what his sources tell him. You don't have to agree with what they say, but don't disparage Scott's integrity.
No Antiliar. You're wrong.

Scott made outrageous claims without supporting evidence. He opened hinself up to not only skepticism, but justified ridicule. He wants the clicks? Fine. Go to town on your literary license. But don't cry poor when people call you out. Bullets flying and t-shirts? And you call bullshit on us.

Yes Scott is relaying sources, but at his own prerogative. Per sources tell him Santa is on a hit team and Scott washes his hands? Sure. It's all the 'sources' fault.

You publish for clicks, you take responsibility.

And I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.
No, I'm not wrong. What supporting evidence would you like? You want him to bring a camera up to Mancuso Chuck Goudie-style and ask him if he has out for Joe C? Or do you want Joe C to go on Scott's podcast and say, "Yup. Everything Scott wrote is true"?

In the meantime, what evidence do you have that I'm wrong or that Scott is?
"What evidence do I have that Scott is wrong"?

I'm not the one making any claims.

The onus is on the person making the claim to prove it. I have no obligation to disprove an unsubstantiated claim.

Santa is real. Prove me wrong.
Yes, you are making claims. You're claiming he's lying. And yes, that is a personal attack because it's an attack on his character and integrity.

As for him having a burden of proof to prove to you that he wrote an honest piece, you failed to provide any standard of evidence and what the evidence should consist of.

I agree Santa is real. Santa Jimenez is my friend's cousin. Really nice person.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Rick made it clear his info on newer Chicago members was hearsay and researchers on here found interesting connections involving the names, nothing more. But Wiseguy held it deep in the pit of his stomach, just waiting to vomit it back up in an unrelated disagreement about Scott.

Truth is, I only care about the shirt. I stake my entire reputation, credibility, and sanity on the fact that Joe Cammarano owns a shirt about comebacks and setbacks. If I had the money I'd buy everyone on the board the same shirt and I'd buy so many for Sonny that he'd have one to wear every day of the f'n week.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Several people are calling This story out , even frank fiordilino doesn’t believe half of what Scott said . But who really knows tho.... time will tell.
Cammarano seemed like a better boss then Mancuso, Bonanno’s need the right boss to get that family right back on track. I’m shocked Mancuso became official boss and kept it for ten years plus when he was off the street .Wasnt he just Acting boss for Vinny ? He was only acting or took the reigns as boss for a year or 2 And then was in prison for like 15 years .....
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Just some random thoughts after reading through this thread. If even 80% of what Scott is reporting is true and accurate, then his source(s) have got to be either pretty high up / connected to the power players. Or, someone in LE who's monitoring these guys very closely.

Scott's contact could be someone in the FBI feeding him the info to "tickle the wire" and get certain mob people talking.

Mancuso is still on the street after the funeral home mele, so it's possible the feds are trying to get people talking on the wire to secure some upcoming indictments.

It could even be someone extremely close to Cammarano who wants to get revenge on Mikey Nose by putting the Bonannos business out there, to show everyone how incompetent he is.

Or, it could be someone close to Mancuso in a position of power in the B's who is fed up with his bullshit and is trying to stir the pot to eventually push for his ouster.

Also, since Scott has been doing his blog for a decade or more, it isn't a huge stretch to assume he's made some good contacts around the country in LE, currently active street guys, former members, etc. Between email, social media, etc. it isn't hard for someone in New York to contact a writer in Michigan.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:37 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:10 pm Sonny Blackracist is having a mental breakdown. Hold tight everyone this could take a while. Rapid posts about to take over the thread.

Please tell us more about nothing you know anything about. I beg you. Youve been flambeed by everyone on this board many times. Whats once more???
Shouldn't you be jerking off to a 1970s Buffalo article while eating La Nova pizza?
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 pm
he doesn't lie in his articles.
But he's not making this up.

So fabricating dialogue and attributing it to people as fact is not making stuff up or lying in an article? Good to hear.

Pogo
You know, the more I think about it, maybe they're right.

I mean, sure, Scott comes up with hooey Detroit charts and says the mob there still has a big impact on daily life...and OK, he says the Outfit has 50+ members and is taking over rackets in NW Indiana as we speak...and, fine, he thinks Cleveland is a thing...and alright, he claims Philly has a crew in Boston and is working with Kansas City...and, yeah, according to him there are hundreds of guys around the country, that have buttons, that have leadership positions, that nobody knows about...but maybe he should still be given the benefit of the doubt.
No a new one just came out a few years ago about the family. And I prefer Francos over La Nova. And when I do jerk off I let your whore mother watch, shes an earner in her own right and pays well for the show. Are you into watching guys jerking off too? Asking for a friend.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

All if the sudden "Wise"guy is thinking about men jerking off while eating pizza. His credibility has really gone down now if thats what his days consist of. These are dangerous times. Who will he think about jerking off next????

Him and Pogo. Huge cuckolds.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."

Post by Guest »

I’m sorry. Why can’t we criticize Scott? Some of you telling others what they can and can’t do is ridiculous. If you don’t like what people are saying don’t read the thread or add something intellectual that argues against it. But to say tone it down or lay off Scott comes off a bit tacky and privileged. If you are going to curate outlandish tales of going to the mattresses and “potential” firebombings and houses shot at. With not one of the incidents confirmed. As a journalist you should be prepared for backlash when you make claims of such nature. Not one other credible source is able to verify the story. Mikey Nose is under fbi watch for associating with known criminals. But he is also meeting with Barney and Lorenzo? Firebombing’s, shootouts and going to the mattresses sounds like Godfather 2. All these things happening in the biggest city but NO ONE else is reporting. Tom L couldnt find anyone that knew anything about it. Jerry hasn’t written anything on it.
All signs point to it not being a real story yet some of us want to give benefit of the doubt. Why? Cause he wrote a book you liked?
I think some of you won’t go against him because he is a fellow mob enthusiast and the other half just want something mob related to occur.
But save me the “stop bashing Scott” crap. It comes off very unbecoming.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 pm Rick made it clear his info on newer Chicago members was hearsay and researchers on here found interesting connections involving the names, nothing more. But Wiseguy held it deep in the pit of his stomach, just waiting to vomit it back up in an unrelated disagreement about Scott.
It became related once people started talking about their sources.
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:49 am I’m sorry. Why can’t we criticize Scott? Some of you telling others what they can and can’t do is ridiculous. If you don’t like what people are saying don’t read the thread or add something intellectual that argues against it. But to say tone it down or lay off Scott comes off a bit tacky and privileged. If you are going to curate outlandish tales of going to the mattresses and “potential” firebombings and houses shot at. With not one of the incidents confirmed. As a journalist you should be prepared for backlash when you make claims of such nature. Not one other credible source is able to verify the story. Mikey Nose is under fbi watch for associating with known criminals. But he is also meeting with Barney and Lorenzo? Firebombing’s, shootouts and going to the mattresses sounds like Godfather 2. All these things happening in the biggest city but NO ONE else is reporting. Tom L couldnt find anyone that knew anything about it. Jerry hasn’t written anything on it.
All signs point to it not being a real story yet some of us want to give benefit of the doubt. Why? Cause he wrote a book you liked?
I think some of you won’t go against him because he is a fellow mob enthusiast and the other half just want something mob related to occur.
But save me the “stop bashing Scott” crap. It comes off very unbecoming.
My criticism is the reporting, not Scott personally, though I can see where the line between the two isn't always clear. And some would say there really is none.

Most of the time, in these situations with his more controversial reporting, I don't think Scott is completely inventing things out of whole cloth, but rather I think Scott will take some element of truth and blow it waaaaaaaaay out of proportion. Maybe where "sensationalism" ends and editorializing/BS begins is a question for the historians.

But there are some times where I do think he makes stuff up. The invented dialogue has been pointed out. Also, having observed his charts and reporting for 15 years or so, I've become convinced he often will just assume guys are made and plug them into whatever position makes sense to him at the time.

I also think he has an extremely looooow bar, to a fault, when it comes to recognizing active mob families. An 87 year old, inactive member in Timbuktu could roll over and fart in bed and Scott would have a full writeup on the family, complete with current hierarchy and activities, etc. two days later. And I get it. Multiple families still alive and active, and working together around the country, is more interesting than the LCN basically being down to the NY metro area with some other activity in literally a few areas elsewhere.

But I do want to thank Scott for the shoutout on the OG podcast about "Keyboard gangsters live in Utah and Wyoming." It's good to see he doesn't forget about the little people. :P
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

i see scott like Star Magazine. I dont buy it but theres a place
on the shelf for it
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:50 am i see scott like Star Magazine. I dont buy it but theres a place
on the shelf for it
This might be the most concise statement yet. I don’t comment on anyone”s credibility and I certainly appreciate Scott’s contribution to the overall OC space. I have no idea who his sources are or what they are telling him. Passing along their information without further vetting isn’t necessarily a bad thing in this format. That said, reasonable people can question the validity of the information. I don’t think it’s unfair to think what has been alleged is slightly outlandish. Questioning the reporting isn’t the same as a personal attack on Scott.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Week 3 of Capeci zero mention the new Bannana war.

Just sayin ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I don’t think it’s unwarranted to criticise or scrutinise Scott for his work. Is it just because he’s on the board? Scott has a legitimate media platform which he monetises, and he should be held to the same standard as anyone else in the industry. His work and reporting contributes to the general narrative of the recent Bonanno situation. If we blindly accept that as the truth, that’s an indictment to the people on the forum (and journalists in the field).

If Capeci posted the shirt story, or inserted cliche dialogue as if it’s an accurate transcript of conversation, he would be the butt of jokes as well. However, it would still be more believable coming from Capeci because he has spent decades researching the Mafia and has been proven right more often than not. I don’t pay attention to most of what Scott writes because he usually covers the smaller crime families of USA, but from what I gather he has not earned the same sort of journalistic reputability as someone like Capeci.

I also get that the line between criticism and trolling/joking has gotten a little blurred. The problem is, some of these stories by Scott writing are legitimately amusing. The concept of Cammarano sending messages on the street via costume choice is a funny premise, and that’s why people are taking the piss out of Scott. I don’t think it’s particularly polite but I don’t think it goes beyond any of the board’s standards. I haven’t seen anyone make any serious personal attacks or derogatory statements towards Scott as a person.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:34 am All if the sudden "Wise"guy is thinking about men jerking off while eating pizza. His credibility has really gone down now if thats what his days consist of. These are dangerous times. Who will he think about jerking off next????

Him and Pogo. Huge cuckolds.
:lol: I was also the recipient of one of these odd insults that just sound gay. Is this like a shtick or does he really not get it?