Most Influential Non-Made Members from each Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Re: Most Influential Non-Made Members from each Family

Post by Guest »

Trafficante Family , alot of Cuban and Spanish associates, but a few that had some gravitas:

"Scarface" Johnny Rivera
Joe "Baby Joe" Diez
Jimmy Velasco

Also potential case for Harlan "The Colonel" Blackburn, though he technically ran his own crime group.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Trafficante Family , alot of Cuban and Spanish associates, but a few that had some gravitas:

"Scarface" Johnny Rivera
Joe "Baby Joe" Diez
Jimmy Velasco

Also potential case for Harlan "The Colonel" Blackburn, though he technically ran his own crime group.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:45 am
B. wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:40 pm
Dapper_Don wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am
mike68 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 am Reynald Desjardins in Montreal for years until he switched alliances and tried to grab power for himself. Also, Joe Bravo in Montreal, until he met his demise after trying to remain neutral in the war up there.
Joe Bravo was caught on tape saying that Vito "made" him and Desjardins despite them not being Italian.
Then we found out Desjardins texted about the newspaper article that said he was a candidate for new "godfather" by saying he couldn't hold the position because he wasn't Italian.
+1. Besides, it's only if you consider Montreal as an independant Family, because I'm not sure the Bonanno Crime Family even care about them. At least until Desjardins get Montagna killed ...
They still didn't care, really.....
My gut feeling says ANY of the younger guys involved in Montreal these days would be considered here. Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito included as well as others.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Gerard Ouimette for Patriarca. Would certain members of Winter Hill meet this criteria?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:06 am
B. wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:40 pm
Dapper_Don wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am
mike68 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 am Reynald Desjardins in Montreal for years until he switched alliances and tried to grab power for himself. Also, Joe Bravo in Montreal, until he met his demise after trying to remain neutral in the war up there.
Joe Bravo was caught on tape saying that Vito "made" him and Desjardins despite them not being Italian.
Then we found out Desjardins texted about the newspaper article that said he was a candidate for new "godfather" by saying he couldn't hold the position because he wasn't Italian.
Greg Whooley might have been more important than Fernandez in Montreal. Dejardins, Miriarchi( maybe?), Scoppas, Musitanos, there's a few up there in Canada..... That Roger Valiquette? The French Quebecer?
Valiquette's a good one to point out, especially considering what Scoppa said about Valiquette controlling the book for a while. Plus, Scoppa's statements about how Steve Sollecito, Valiquette, and Toni Callocchia were the ones organising a lot of murders towards the end of Rizzuto's life
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

coldshoulder wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:57 pm
Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:38 am Cleveland
Mashie rockman
Bill presser
Jackie presser
Babe Triscaro
Validated by Tony Milano's FBI file which was recently posted by Antiliar, especially with regards to Triscaro.

From that document, various informants, circa 1964 to 1968, claim Triscaro was "strategically placed" in his Teamster leadership position by Milano. Different sources state Milano "disliked" or even "hated" Triscaro but was willing to let him keep his union job as long as he continued to "take orders."

As the narrative continues, Triscaro gradually begins to ignore/disrespect an aging Tony Milano, which apparently led to the rise of John Nardi. But this passage says it very succinctly about "Non-Made" guys, and it likely was standard operating procedure for all families, not just Cleveland:

Milano 2.png
We can also include John & Nick Nardi
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

@Stroccos

Would you consider Joe Perfette an influential associate? He dominated gambling in the 90's in Warren for Peanuts, Loose and Papalardo to keep the 25% coming into Cleveland.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:22 am @Stroccos

Would you consider Joe Perfette an influential associate? He dominated gambling in the 90's in Warren for Peanuts, Loose and Papalardo to keep the 25% coming into Cleveland.
Interesting - I knew Joe when I was working in Niles, Ohio. My understanding was that his main responsibility was the heavy book making in Niles.
He oversaw it, collected Cleveland's "Kick-Up", then dropped it off at the Sunrise Inn. There Charlie made sure Tony Delsanter got Cleveland's end.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

who is Scoppa?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:12 am Hy Larner only know what i read in double deal, great book- some of the shit seems pretty out there concerning hy larner. if that shit were true he would be up there with humphreys and gus alex or Frank alex whatever that big shot Greek dude in Chicago is name
Read my Hy Larner article in the articles section and you'll get the point since its more realistic and backed by evidences, rather than Corbitts book.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:09 am

Interesting - I knew Joe when I was working in Niles, Ohio. My understanding was that his main responsibility was the heavy book making in Niles.
He oversaw it, collected Cleveland's "Kick-Up", then dropped it off at the Sunrise Inn. There Charlie made sure Tony Delsanter got Cleveland's end.
Tony DelSanter was dead by 1977...Joe's power came after that, worked closely with Jack Licavoli, then Peanuts Tronolone and Loose & Papalardo. Joe was a big bookmaker prior to that. People also knew him as the sausage king, he and his cousin Joe made homemade sausage

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Villain wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:26 am
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:12 am Hy Larner only know what i read in double deal, great book- some of the shit seems pretty out there concerning hy larner. if that shit were true he would be up there with humphreys and gus alex or Frank alex whatever that big shot Greek dude in Chicago is name
Read my Hy Larner article in the articles section and you'll get the point since its more realistic and backed by evidences, rather than Corbitts book.
Thanks Villain
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:30 am
Villain wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:26 am
Thanks Villain
You're welcome bud
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:09 am

Tony DelSanter was dead by 1977...Joe's power came after that, worked closely with Jack Licavoli, then Peanuts Tronolone and Loose & Papalardo. Joe was a big bookmaker prior to that. People also knew him as the sausage king, he and his cousin Joe made homemade sausage
I can only speak of when I was working in Niles which was prior to Tony's death. So it makes sense that Joe came into power then.
He and his son made sausage on the bottom of South Ave. in Youngstown and their sausage was a big seller at the Canfield Fair :)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:13 pm Pittsburgh

Abe Zeid
Meyer Sigal
Willie Sams
Victor Carlucci- Son in law to Sam Mannarino
Frank Unis Jr- Aliquippa (Beaver County)
Geno Chiarelli- Pittsburgh
Anthony "Tony" Grosso- Allegheny County
Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli
Salvatore "Sal" Williams
Adolfo "Junior" Williams
Chuck Teemer
Joseph LaQuatra (LIUNA 1058)
Archie Nelson
Eugene "Nick the Blade" Gesuale
Primo Mollica
Anthony Murgie

Wheeling, WV Faction

William "Big Bill" Lias
Paul Hankish
Silvio "Birdie" Pinciaro

Youngstown Faction

Dominic Prato
Michael D. Romeo
Joseph "Blackie" Gennaro
Bernard "Bernie the Jew" Altshuler
James "Jinx" Naples
John "Popeye" Stevens
Mario "The Butcher" Guerreri
Paulie Holowatick
Amil Dinsio
Jimmy Dinsio
Dante Strollo

Johnstown/Altoona

Alfred "Freddy" Corbo
Michael Gulino
Fred Piera
Additionally, the Steubenville, OH faction

John "Jack" DeSarro aka Stogie
Philip Mattucci
Bruno Tegano
Anthony Panebianco
Ernie Giannamore
Angelo Antonucci

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP