Most Influential Non-Made Members from each Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Most Influential Non-Made Members from each Family

Post by JCB1977 »

Hi BH Members,

I hope this message finds all of you well. I was hoping that together, we could all come up with a list from each family of non made members who were most influential. They could be Italian, half-Italian or non-Italian. I thought we could cover all 26 original mafia families across the U.S. Obviously, some of us have better knowledge of specific families that we could share with the board and I figured we could divide this up and assign certain members of the board to the specific families they have vast knowledge on. Everybody is welcome to chime in. Photos of Non members would be a bonus as well. Let me know who is interested in participating. Once we get a list of names and photos from each family, I thought we could put a chart together of non made influential members. Angelo is the chart expert if he's willing to participate...or anybody else who can design charts. I thought we could break it up by Midwest, East Coast, West Coast. Feedback is appreciated.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Most Influential Non-Made Members from each Family

Post by Stroccos »

Cleveland
Mashie rockman
Bill presser
Jackie presser
Babe Triscaro
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Maxie Stern (Detroit) , associate of Licavoli-Rubino crew. Active from 30s. Was an a enforcer, gambler and labor racketeer, connected to Hoffa. Died in 72.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Youngstown:
Bernie Althuler
Ernie Biondillo
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Besides Gus Alex, Jake Guzik, Sam Hunt, Murray Humphreys, Ed Vogel, Les Kruse, Ralph Pierce or Fifke Corngold...

Hyman "Hy" aka "Red" Larner (Chicago) 8-)

Three things about this guy....made millions for the organization and for himself for decades....faked his own death....and made people simply "disappear" meaning no body no crime.

Heres one article regarding his whole life...

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... =30&t=1856

And heres a photo of the Jewish Outfit "member"...

Last edited by Villain on Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:38 am Cleveland
Mashie rockman
Bill presser
Jackie presser
Babe Triscaro
I would also add the Jewish members of the Mayfield Road Gang...would you agree?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Meyer Lansky
Bumpy Johnson
Nicky Barnes

From Chicago
Murray Humphrey's
jake Guzik
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Gerard 'The Frenchman' Ouimette out of Providence, very close with Patriarca

Reynald Desjardins in Montreal for years until he switched alliances and tried to grab power for himself. Also, Joe Bravo in Montreal, until he met his demise after trying to remain neutral in the war up there.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

mike68 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 am Reynald Desjardins in Montreal for years until he switched alliances and tried to grab power for himself. Also, Joe Bravo in Montreal, until he met his demise after trying to remain neutral in the war up there.
Joe Bravo was caught on tape saying that Vito "made" him and Desjardins despite them not being Italian.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pittsburgh

Abe Zeid
Meyer Sigal
Willie Sams
Victor Carlucci- Son in law to Sam Mannarino
Frank Unis Jr- Aliquippa (Beaver County)
Geno Chiarelli- Pittsburgh
Anthony "Tony" Grosso- Allegheny County
Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli
Salvatore "Sal" Williams
Adolfo "Junior" Williams
Chuck Teemer
Joseph LaQuatra (LIUNA 1058)
Archie Nelson
Eugene "Nick the Blade" Gesuale
Primo Mollica
Anthony Murgie

Wheeling, WV Faction

William "Big Bill" Lias
Paul Hankish
Silvio "Birdie" Pinciaro

Youngstown Faction

Dominic Prato
Michael D. Romeo
Joseph "Blackie" Gennaro
Bernard "Bernie the Jew" Altshuler
James "Jinx" Naples
John "Popeye" Stevens
Mario "The Butcher" Guerreri
Paulie Holowatick
Amil Dinsio
Jimmy Dinsio
Dante Strollo

Johnstown/Altoona

Alfred "Freddy" Corbo
Michael Gulino
Fred Piera

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Maybe I should add Emil Denzio to my Youngstown list.
Besides being one of the top bank robbers in the country he wacked Joey Naples to gain favor with Lenny Strollo to be a made man - NOT!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Jow Watts - Gambinos?
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

For the Los Angeles family, Harold "Happy" Meltzer was a fairly influential associate dating back to the late 1940s and his involvement/defection with the Cohen gang. He was well connected to Nick Licata and the Dragnas during the 1960s and was active in narcotics trafficking, bookmaking and loansharking.

Attached are the images used on his FBN file page and another that I had saved from one of Jiggy's ancient websites.
Harold Meltzer fbn.png
Harold Meltzer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

During Arnold Squitieri’s time as acting boss of the Gambino family, associate Chris Sucarato was one of his three “eyes and ears on the street” along with members Alphonse Sisca and Louis Filippelli. In his book, Jack Garcia described Sucarato, Sisca, and Filippelli as being part of an unofficial "triumvirate".

Some examples from the Philadelphia family:

- Saul Kane made a lot of money for Nicky Scarfo in the 1980s and ran one of his shakedown crews.

- By the late 1980s, Nicky Scarfo Jr, still an associate, was very involved in running the family for his father.

- Ray Wagner seems to carry some degree of influence today through his position as one of Merlino’s messengers.

In all of the above instances though, the enlarged influence of each associate stemmed from their close relationship with the then-boss and does not seem to have carried on after their reign.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Frank Palumbo for Philly.
Shondor Birns for Cleveland.