Why did the killing stop?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Why did the killing stop?

Post by Amershire_Ed »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:21 am
Ivan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:12 am
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 pm I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a slight increase in disappearances.
I was wondering about this myself. If you were going to kill someone in this day and age, that would be the way to do it. It would have to scare the hell out of everyone on the streets when it happens, too -- a guy is just there one day, and then he... isn't. :|
Its called lupara bianca.in the 1980s the Corleonesi had a torture chamber in Palermo where the people was tortured and dissolved in the acid.
I think that more mob enemies made this end as said Ivan is a way to scary the enemies and avoid dangeruous investigations.
They’ve done this in Calabria as well. Alex Perry wrote a book on the Ndrangheta a few years ago called “The Good Mothers”, and he talks about some of the methods they used to disappear bodies. Like you mentioned, dissolving them in acid is one way. They’ll also feed them to pigs. Sometimes they kill the person first and sometimes they don’t.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:36 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:21 am
Ivan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:12 am
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 pm I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a slight increase in disappearances.
I was wondering about this myself. If you were going to kill someone in this day and age, that would be the way to do it. It would have to scare the hell out of everyone on the streets when it happens, too -- a guy is just there one day, and then he... isn't. :|
Its called lupara bianca.in the 1980s the Corleonesi had a torture chamber in Palermo where the people was tortured and dissolved in the acid.
I think that more mob enemies made this end as said Ivan is a way to scary the enemies and avoid dangeruous investigations.
They’ve done this in Calabria as well. Alex Perry wrote a book on the Ndrangheta a few years ago called “The Good Mothers”, and he talks about some of the methods they used to disappear bodies. Like you mentioned, dissolving them in acid is one way. They’ll also feed them to pigs. Sometimes they kill the person first and sometimes they don’t.
Barbaric
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Disappearing guys in the modern era wouldn't exactly be easier to get away with than just blasting them on the street imo in fact it might even be harder. You have to set up a meeting with the guy and that usually means phones and text messages. There are cameras on the street everywhere that could very well pick up the guy getting into your vehicle or walking into a building connected to you and never walking back out. And the bottom line is that the more people you have helping you commit a murder, the more guys you will eventually see on the stand testifying against you. The reason the mob stopped killing guys is that they can't get away with it anymore. Electronic surveillance is just too pervasive and the families are so penetrated by informants that almost every thing these guys do or say is known to the government. And when you look at Crea and Madonna you see that you can be convicted of a murder even if there's no evidence you played any role in it.
PaddyClarke
Prospect

Post by PaddyClarke »

In my opinion the sole reason is the lack of privacy in modern society combined with RICO. Electronic surveillance is everywhere. At exactly the same time privacy all but disappears in America, the mob killing sharply declines. They can't get away with it, or rather the chance of getting away with a targeted killing is so low it's not worth it, and when the boss risks life in jail for being in the same family as a soldier who killed someone, he's certainly not going to be ordering any murders.
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

I disagree with the people that say things like RICO, rats and technology are why they don't kill anymore. Those things haven't stopped every other group out there from killing people.
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

I do think the traditional mob style of murder where you call a guy in for a sitdown or a making ceremony and then he's found in the trunk of a car or just disappears is too hard to pull off for the reasons posted a few posts above mine though.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:30 am Disappearing guys in the modern era wouldn't exactly be easier to get away with than just blasting them on the street imo in fact it might even be harder. You have to set up a meeting with the guy and that usually means phones and text messages. There are cameras on the street everywhere that could very well pick up the guy getting into your vehicle or walking into a building connected to you and never walking back out. And the bottom line is that the more people you have helping you commit a murder, the more guys you will eventually see on the stand testifying against you. The reason the mob stopped killing guys is that they can't get away with it anymore. Electronic surveillance is just too pervasive and the families are so penetrated by informants that almost every thing these guys do or say is known to the government. And when you look at Crea and Madonna you see that you can be convicted of a murder even if there's no evidence you played any role in it.
I agree to an extent. If the mob disappears someone who doesn’t have any friends outside of the mob and has nobody who genuinely cares enough to report them missing, then there’s a better chance at getting away with it. The reason why a hit in the semi-modern era, Anthony Seccafico, was flawless, mostly due to convenience & luck. Little Anthony worked a job in Manhattan, and he commuted there from a quiet bus stop on Staten Island. They had the perfect opportunity to surprise him off guard, and up until now they’ve avoided being caught. The Castellano kid who got clipped on July 4th 2010 in Howard Beach appears to be another successful mob hit, again due to convenience & good luck.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

During the Montreal war a guy was killed using a sniper rifle (not nick rizzuto sr an another guy) that can be a good way to kill a guy .
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Waingro wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm I disagree with the people that say things like RICO, rats and technology are why they don't kill anymore. Those things haven't stopped every other group out there from killing people.
i think street gangs are forced to kill in order to instill fear in rival gangs, the mob it doesn't need to kill; but at the same time not killing with impunity like it used to do can be a sign of weakness
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Waingro wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm I disagree with the people that say things like RICO, rats and technology are why they don't kill anymore. Those things haven't stopped every other group out there from killing people.

Correct. There are literally hundreds of Gangland killings going on every year in places like Chicongo, Philly, Baltimore, Detroit, etc. Most of which go unsolved. It can still be done if you are willing to do it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:00 am It can still be done if you are willing to do it.

Pogo
+1
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Gotta get the guy out on a boat and give him cement shoes.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

AntComello wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:23 am Gotta get the guy out on a boat and give him cement shoes.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

AntComello wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:23 am Gotta get the guy out on a boat and give him cement shoes.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtime ... rk-1638143

Two guys killed an associate son and used the cement shoes but the body was recovered,definitely a bad work.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Villain wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:26 am
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lmao
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.