List of current shelved mobsters

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: List of current shelved mobsters

Post by gohnjotti »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:59 pm Once you rat your kicked out the family. Your membership is revoked. You can be taken off the shelf and brought back fully in. I think that's the quickest answer.
Practically speaking, you're right. Everything else is semantics.
Pmac2 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:59 pm A rat would never be welcomed back. Or michael franzese would probably be welcomed back. He's the one guy who swears he never rated and walked away when in fact he's kicked out.
Too bad he actually testified against his criminal accomplices. Does anyone know if Norby Walters is still alive? BOP seems to have lost track of him.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:52 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:05 pm Are rats considered on the shelf?
Someone testified about this exact thing. Was it James Tartaglione who testified in court that he was still a member but technically on the shelf because he's a rat?

I'm sure one of the Bonanno experts on here knows what I'm referring to.
Yes, I recall similar though I understood it to be Mickey Scars.

Either way Furio's comment is bullshit, you don't become a rat if you're on the shelf because as PMAC states correctly guys can be taken off the shelf. Rats can never be taken off the shelf.

All rats are shelved but not all shelved guys are rats.

I also recall that even if a guy is shelved or rats, they still cannot be replaced until they die so they're technically still members albeit shelved ones.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:18 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:05 pm Are rats considered on the shelf?
Nope,because not all that be shelved become rats.
Now I'm even more confused.
George Barone was shelved and flipped because once being shelved means that you're out of the family but you can turn back in the future,if youre a rat you is out forever and should be killed.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:52 pm
Someone testified about this exact thing. Was it James Tartaglione who testified in court that he was still a member but technically on the shelf because he's a rat?

I'm sure one of the Bonanno experts on here knows what I'm referring to.
Yes, I recall similar though I understood it to be Mickey Scars.

Either way Furio's comment is bullshit, you don't become a rat if you're on the shelf because as PMAC states correctly guys can be taken off the shelf. Rats can never be taken off the shelf.

I also recall that even if a guy is shelved or rats, they still cannot be replaced until they die so they're technically still members albeit shelved ones.
Nope,because not all that be shelved become rats

I said bullshit,you have expressed the same concept but with different words.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Why am I talking to Furio.

Bad Sonny. Learn better Sonny!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm Either way Furio's comment is bullshit, you don't become a rat if you're on the shelf because as PMAC states correctly guys can be taken off the shelf. Rats can never be taken off the shelf.
I think you might be mis-interpreting what Furio is saying. And I think he mis-interpreted what you were saying originally.

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

When someone flips they still take up a membership slot and can't be replaced until they die. They essentially shelve themselves though I don't know that the Families consider that truly being on the shelf as flipping is in a whole different category.

I've asked before if when a CW dies they would dare put his name on a list of dead members being replaced. We know they can't replace a member who is killed in an unsanctioned murder and you'd think it would be too embarrassing to put a CW's name on the list even if they were allowed to replace him. Better to just lose the slot than put Sammy Gravano's name on a proposed list when he passes.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

B. wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:50 pm I've asked before if when a CW dies if they would dare put his name on a list of dead members being replaced. We know they can't replace a member who is killed in an unsanctioned murder and you'd think it would be too embarrassing to put a CW's name on the list even if they were allowed to replace him. Better to just lose the slot than put Sammy Gravano's name on a proposed list when he passes.
Just pull names out of an obituary column like Massino did. Was it Massino who did that?

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:50 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm Either way Furio's comment is bullshit, you don't become a rat if you're on the shelf because as PMAC states correctly guys can be taken off the shelf. Rats can never be taken off the shelf.
I think you might be mis-interpreting what Furio is saying. And I think he mis-interpreted what you were saying originally.
What Im trying to say is that sometimes wiseguys that was shelved decided to flip like George Barone while the rats are out of family definitely.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm
What Im trying to say is that sometimes wiseguys that was shelved decided to flip like George Barone while the rats are out of family definitely.
Definitely.

Sonny was asking: If someone flips, does the family consider them "shelved" after that?

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:49 pm Why am I talking to Furio.

Bad Sonny. Learn better Sonny!
41RW3wIqfaL._AC_SY450_-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm
Definitely.

Sonny was asking: If someone flips, does the family consider them "shelved" after that?
Yes.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Genovese

James Delio
Jimmy Perrone

Gambino

Alphonse Trucchio

Bonanno

Joseph “Joe C” Cammarano Jr
Simone Esposito
Joseph Grimaldi
Enzo "The Baker" Stagno
John "Porky" Zancocchio

Lucchese

Anthony Grado
Joseph Tangorra

Colombo
Victor Orena Sr
Victor Orena Jr
John Orena

Philadelphia
Joseph "Joey Chang" Ciancaglini Jr
Joseph Stanfa

Chicago Outfit

Michael Magnafichi
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:38 am Yeah Ray Patriarca Jr is another one who was shelved.

Pogo
Why?
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Is Nick "nicky whip" Milano shelved or just not active?