Pittston - relationships

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Pittston - relationships

Post by B. »

Didn't realize Petto the Ox used the Parrino name. The Parrinos of Pittston were from Palazzo Adriano and the Bonanno Palazzesi were related to some Parrinos. There are still Parrinos who are part of the Palazzo Family.

Where was Petto from in Sicily? Edit: I have him from Carini like associate Vito LaDuca but not sure if that's confirmed.
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

After spotting an error in the initial chart I posted, I've remade it and expanded it to include all the Pittston LCN Montedoro-born members plus others I could link back to the Volpe, Sciandra and Bufalino clans.

Notes:
Bold ring= made member
Bold dashed line= suspected member
Grey box= US born

Member Giovanni "John" Parrino not included as I believe he is not the brother of Angelo Parrino. Giovanni's Father was Caspar (Gaspar?).
Russell Bufalino and John Montana share great-grand parents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Great work Nash. I notice there is a Capitanos in this Pittston genealogy. Not to derail this thread in Pittston, but Sam Capitano indicated his great grandfather born in Pittston and was close to Russel Buffalino.

See:

Great work Nash. I notice there is a Capitanos in this Pittston genealogy. Not to derail this thread in Pittston, but Sam Capitano indicated his great grandfather born in Pittston and was close to Russel Buffalino.

See

See also

I believe Sam and his twin brother Peter are at the minimum active Buffalo associates. (Ron Fino identifier them as such in his 2013 book.) Both have held leadership positions in LiUNA Local 210. In addition Sam now holds a NYS position. Their father Peter A. Capitano Sr. was accused of being an organized crime associate in a civil rico.

Peter’s obituary indicates his Father was Sam (Salvatore, Samuel) Capitano and his mother was Josephine (née Cumbo). See:

In my free searches it appears Salvatore was born on April 15, 1919. See:

That is as far as I can get without paying. Are you able to determine Salvatore’s parents and if they were from Montedoro? There are other Capitanos in Buffalo whose families originate from there.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Don’t mean to answer for Nash, but Salvatore/Samuel Anthony Capitano was born in 1919 in Pittston to Giuseppe Capitano of Montedoro and Rosa Capizzi of Serradifalco.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Thanks PT
Jim505
On Record

Post by Jim505 »

amazing work Nash.
ShockTroop
Associate

Post by ShockTroop »

Sam Capitano may be the nephew or grandson with Joe Capitano. Joe Capitano was good friends with Russel. Joe was married to Anna Lemia. Anna's grandmother's name was Sciandra. Her cousins were also named Buffalino. Yes those Buffalinos. Volpe is also related. The Montedoro sulfer mine relocation to the coal mines of Pittston was only a thousand people and they were all interconnected and distant or close cousins of each other.
ShockTroop
Associate

Post by ShockTroop »

M
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

ShockTroop wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:05 pm Sam Capitano may be the nephew or grandson with Joe Capitano. Joe Capitano was good friends with Russel. Joe was married to Anna Lemia. Anna's grandmother's name was Sciandra. Her cousins were also named Buffalino. Yes those Buffalinos. Volpe is also related. The Montedoro sulfer mine relocation to the coal mines of Pittston was only a thousand people and they were all interconnected and distant or close cousins of each other.
Good info. Makes sense, as one would assume that the Montedoresi brought over to work the coal mines in Pittston were hired via patrone labor recruitment networks that presumably derived from equivalent labor gang hiring networks in the sulfur industry in Montedoro.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

A MyHeritage user submitted a photo of Sam Capitano that accompanies the user’s record — is this Capitano?

Link to my Evernote item: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... b1a35c3904

Link to MyHeritage record: https://www.myheritage.com/FP/search-pl ... 1-1-500016
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

https://digital.library.villanova.edu/I ... 751%2C3665

An excellent documentation of information by celeste morello with links to the myths of men of honor from Montedoro
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Cross posting From Buffalo/Ontario thread about the Sciandra/Montana/Bufalino relationship. See: https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... 21#p250921
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »