Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:00 am
Angelo Santino wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:37 am He released an article and everybody is talking about it so I'd call that a win. In time everything will come out, and if he's right then he will have broke the story and if he is wrong then he will have earned his criticism for his overdramatic narrative which turned out to be nothing.
"Scott is a sensationalist."

sen·sa·tion·al·ist

noun

a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

You nailed it.
He's a person who presents stories in a way designed to get clicks and subscriptions - his motivation is $ like all of them. He uses the same MO as these political talking heads - big headlines based on very shoddy sourcing and innuendo. If anyone complains, he can say "I' don't bill myself to be a journalist." Personally, I'll always stick with Capeci who at least runs retractions and had his website and weekly column out there for free without a paywall for years.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:12 am
Angelo Santino wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:37 am He released an article and everybody is talking about it so I'd call that a win. In time everything will come out, and if he's right then he will have broke the story and if he is wrong then he will have earned his criticism for his overdramatic narrative which turned out to be nothing.

sen·sa·tion·al·ist

noun

a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

You nailed it.
He's a person who presents stories in a way designed to get clicks and subscriptions - his motivation is $ like all of them. He uses the same MO as these political talking heads - big headlines based on very shoddy sourcing and innuendo. If anyone complains, he can say "I' don't bill myself to be a journalist." Personally, I'll always stick with Capeci who at least runs retractions and had his website and weekly column out there for free without a paywall for years.
Yes and it's part of a larger trend in journalism, this isn't Scott as the outlier. Why is every disagreement between people or politicians reported as so and so "blasted" or "smashed" rather than "disagreed with?" What sounds more interesting and inspire more people to click and read? There's stretching the truth and then there's lying. For instance LaMare was providing very limited information to the SS revolving around a specific criminal racket, Scott reported it as LaMare being a "rat for the feds!" It's not at all how I would have phrased it and I find it misrepresenting but it's not a lie- LaMare provided info to a federal government agency. That's a fact, the nuances of his info being severely limited to one thing and that it was the SS not the FBI doesn't make his statement wrong. It would be wrong if he said the guy was an informant when he knows he was not, that would be considered lying.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He has fabricated dialogue in the past and presented it as real.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Angelo Santino wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:34 am If it turns out to be nothing then I would hope for Scott to see the fallacies in reporting on things in the most colorful of ways, especially when it's unverified at the time. I don't find issue with reporting rumors as long as it's clearly stated. But as Joey Merlino is just being Joey Scott is just being Scott. No one can say his stuff is boring, which may be part of the reason hes managed to go from attorney to mob author to Hollywood consultant and screenwriter.

If it turns out to be something, Scott will still get no credit for it by some here. I remember years back when Capeci did an article claiming Amuso and Gotti had been replaced and then two years later wrote a retraction. If Scott ever did that he would be crucified whereas Capeci wouldn't. Cant win.

I have two sources in my ear, one is adamant something is amiss and the second claims theres nothing to it. One will turn out to be right. Either way it makes no difference in my life so I'm not as passionate about it.
Poor Scott.

The criticism directed at his, reporting, is without basis.

He should be allowed to write speculative hyperbolic articles without critique as a journalists literary prerogative.

Hell. Let's just call them journalistic opinion pieces from a legal perspective with a Hollywood screen writers flourish. That make him feel better?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Capeci always uses that line when he’s taking a week off that’s nothing new.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:06 am He has fabricated dialogue in the past and presented it as real.

Pogo
Um you mean like quoting anthony nicodemo at a card game? :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:09 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:06 am He has fabricated dialogue in the past and presented it as real.

Pogo
Um you mean like quoting anthony nicodemo at a card game? :lol:

Or quoting the exact words between Nicodemo and Merlino in an alleged private meeting they had (which evidently only Scott has heard about) where they discuss killing Gino DiPietro.

Also if you notice several of the quotes he attributes to "sources" sound made up. They don't sound like how real people talk.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:12 am

sen·sa·tion·al·ist

noun

You nailed it.
The way I see it, why don't you take the time to make contacts in LE, do the research, sharpen your pencil and write your own material? It's easy to criticize somebody but instead of slamming Scott, why not reach out to him directly? I guarantee he'd give you the time and respect to discuss it.

Scott has stated many times, he's as good as his sources. Some sources are great, some are not so great. It happens chronically in FBI files. Good informants and bad informants. The FBI is as good as the intel they receive. Regardless of your opinion of him or his writing, I'd hate to see published authors not want to come on this forum because of a few whiny cunts. Try reaching out to him if you're so burned by what he wrote.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:22 pm Also if you notice several of the quotes he attributes to "sources" sound made up. They don't sound like how real people talk.
I always thought they all sounded like the same guy talking.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm It's free to pull deeds on the Nassau County Clerk website. I quickly tried, but I'm on a mobile browser and the site doesn't function well. Might be worth checking - name search for Cammarano ... or Grimaldi even, and see if there is anything for New Woods Road. Searching by street name would be better but I couldn't see if that option was possible on mobile.

There's quite a few Cammaranos in Nassau County but not nearly as many (that have owned property at least) that I thought there would be. There was some sort of filing activity as recent as 2017 under a Joseph Cammarano but I couldn't pull the docs to see what address it was for or what type of filing it was : deed, mortgage, etc

Worth a shot...if we find something for them on New Woods Road, we've cracked the case. Always the possibility of him having the property under a non relative's name but that seems a little overboard, especially given the results for a Joe Cammarano mentioned above
For whatever it's worth, those two roads are two miles apart on Google Maps. So, not all that close.

I looked on the site but there's a fair few Cammaranos on there like you said. It's pretty overwhelming and the shitty scans of the deeds are hard for my ancient eyes to read.
I did another quick'ish search today from a computer while I was working just to see - couldn't find anything for the street in question mentioned on the article. One kind of interesting thing I found (not really that interesting at all lol) is that the Redwood Road house that we do know about, was previously owned by the Grimaldis . Big surprise lol
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:25 pmThe way I see it, why don't you take the time to make contacts in LE, do the research, sharpen your pencil and write your own material?
I present my material here on the forum, free of charge. Light on sensationalism, heavy on facts. You're welcome.
It's easy to criticize somebody but instead of slamming Scott, why not reach out to him directly? I guarantee he'd give you the time and respect to discuss it.
The reporting, especially of late, has been far too entertaining. Philly with a crew in Boston, the Luccheses with a crew in Chicago, Cammaranos running for their lives in the Bonannos, Buffalo possibly thriving, Cleveland still around, Detroit still has a major impact on daily life, Kansas City working with Chicago and Philly, Chicago getting everyone back in line in NW Indiana.

Gold, Jerry! Gold!
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Scott is claiming that a drive by shooting on Cammarano's house took place just before Christmas. So the shooting I posted before is the one that he's claiming.

Somebody on Reddit posted notes from the article.

--According to sources in Nassau County, Bonanno crime family boss Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso ordered Cammarano, Jr.’s house in Long Island to be shot at around Xmas 2022; the house sustained significant damage

--Patch.com apparently reported the drive by shooting around 12/19/22 (edit -- I think this is the article SB is referring to: https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/sho ... en-cove-pd)

--Police spokesmen indicated in a statement that this was not a random act of violence but rather an apparent specific targeting of this residence; no one has thus far been arrested

--In addition, a Cammarano brothers’ business was vandalized (? firebombed) sometime after the drive by, although unclear if this was reported in any news outlets for confirmation

--Mancuso apparently remains enraged from the Summer 2022 fight between his men, the Cammaranos, and associated bikers that took place at a funeral home (which seemed to be the major the spark for the current beef)
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Scott, you're welcome for the assist. :D
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Credit where it's due, Johnny.

There was also a triple shooting at a party in Glen Cove in July of last year shortly before the funeral incident but it was at the home of a rap guy called Big Fendi who used to manage Nicki Minaj.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:10 pm Joseph Cammarano lives in Glen Cove so I had a look for shootings that have took place there recently and this article popped up from December. https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/sho ... en-cove-pd

"This shooting was not a random act. The initial investigation leads us to believe that the shooting was targeted to this specific residence."
Nice job researching that. My moneys on that shooting being Cammeranos house. The timing & circumstances are very weird.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.