Mob Talk - 1/25/16

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Mob Talk - 1/25/16

Post by Chucky »

Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Mob Talk - 1/25/16

Post by Wiseguy »

Some good footage there. While 25-35 active guys seems believable, the claim they're "back to mid-1980's strength" is obviously a stretch. Looks like Schratweiser also buys into the 4 faction theory. Interesting that he labels Merlino "former boss," Ligambi "acting boss," and Mazzone "underboss."
All roads lead to New York.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wonder if borgesi is back in as consigliere. He said in prison that ligambi was taking care is things but that the family belonged to him merlino and mazzone
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks for the post chucky.

Good footage but that's about it. Rest all pure speculation and gibber.

Why can't Capeci get out his Nikkon and sit infront of a few NYC hangouts for some decent footage.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Pungitores faction whos is in it?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Thanks for posting.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Good footage but that's about it. Rest all pure speculation and gibber.

Same thoughts. Some great footage but a lot of speculation and sensationalism in the reporting. Especially with all of the construction talk. One guy flips his property and another guy is seen in a real estate office and all of a sudden it is the concrete club. The whole faction talk is also way overhyped.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote:Some good footage there. While 25-35 active guys seems believable, the claim they're "back to mid-1980's strength" is obviously a stretch. Looks like Schratweiser also buys into the 4 faction theory. Interesting that he labels Merlino "former boss," Ligambi "acting boss," and Mazzone "underboss."

LOL right. These guys will never be back to Mid 1980's strength no matter how many Facebook photos they are in. lmao. But hey if people believe that they will watch more mobtalk right?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Good footage but that's about it. Rest all pure speculation and gibber.

Same thoughts. Some great footage but a lot of speculation and sensationalism in the reporting. Especially with all of the construction talk. One guy flips his property and another guy is seen in a real estate office and all of a sudden it is the concrete club. The whole faction talk is also way overhyped.

Pogo
What makes you think the factions are overhyped? Seems like that's what most sources are saying. Or are you saying its overhyped because it's not really an issue as in every family has separate factions?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

good footage! definitely a huge contradiction to say that they're back to scarfo level power and then turn around and state that the size of the pie has shrunk dramatically, but i think we all realize that the target audience of these reports isn't mob researchers.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Pete wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Pogo
What makes you think the factions are overhyped? Seems like that's what most sources are saying. Or are you saying its overhyped because it's not really an issue as in every family has separate factions?
Because the Ligambi & Merlino "factions" are one in the same, Narducci is on an island with the 10th and O guys, and Pungitore and his guys have pretty much fallen in line and aren't causing any problems.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Wiseguy wrote:...(snip)... Interesting that he labels Merlino "former boss," Ligambi "acting boss," and Mazzone "underboss."
I noticed that ambiguity/contradiction, too; Schratweiser's "expert" (our long time Philly source of LCN information, G. Anastasia) clearly states he thinks Merlino is still in charge.
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chucky wrote:
Pete wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Because the Ligambi & Merlino "factions" are one in the same, Narducci is on an island with the 10th and O guys, and Pungitore and his guys have pretty much fallen in line and aren't causing any problems.

To me a faction is the Merlino faction, the Riccobone faction, the Gallo faction, the Orena factin, etc. A group within a family that does not recognize the Boss, does not kick up and does its own thing. So far there is nothing to indicate that any of these "factions" are not recognizing the leadership, not kicking up or are doing their own thing. So far all this faction talk is much to do about nothing.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

gotta love the braziness.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There were a lot more beefs going on between members in the 80s than you typically read about, and that's because they weren't important or nothing came of it. I believe Joe Grande and Anthony Pungitore Jr. had some kind of problem before the big indictment came down, Caramandi and DelGiorno, and I believe Junior Staino and the Grandes as well... I'd have to go back to remember the specifics, but I have to wonder if the current problems in the family aren't much different than these personal rivalries between members and we're just in a different time where they're being overblown. Not saying that's true, only that these sorts of simmering beefs have always happened.