So why was Frank Piccolo killed?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nasabeak
Straightened out

So why was Frank Piccolo killed?

Post by Nasabeak »

And why did Castellano allow Genoveses to do it?

Frank Piccolo was one of the Captains that apparently reported directly to Neil Dellacroce, why wasn’t the hit given to one of Dellacroce’s other crews and handled in house?

It had to be more than just a joint project beef, right?

Castellano in the wiretaps seems to have an attitude that consideration must go into clipping a guy. Like, he says there’s a lot to consider before doing so. He also doesn’t wanna flip Tommy Agro despite Tommy’s mental illness and mounting legal problems

So, why was Piccolo hit?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: So why was Frank Piccolo killed?

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good question, love to hear more about one of the seminal events that lead to Paul's demise.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I'd love to hear or read the transcripts of Paul discussing Tommy Agro...
Nasabeak
Straightened out

Post by Nasabeak »

Browniety86 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:54 pm I'd love to hear or read the transcripts of Paul discussing Tommy Agro...
Late August 1983. The article Joe is referencing came out August 25th 1983, in the Miami Herald.

Joe Piney Armone: I read that article in the Miami newspaper. The Herald. About Tommy Agro. And the fact is Paul, there’s going to be a lot of heat this spring.

Paul: Fuck.

Armone: It’s a big investigation. They connected him with everything they wanted to - gambling, bribery, loan-snarking, all of it.

Paul: Fuck.

Armone: Yeah, he’s in some serious trouble. So now he’s sitting there, he’s feeling the wind, and it seems he is making up his mind. And you know his mind, Paul. It ain’t something you’d bank on.

Paul: You talk to him?

Armone: No, but I hear, and he’s plenty concerned.

Paul: How’s he leaning?

Silence

Armone: So what I need to ask you, Paul, is If he asks our blessing and our help to take it on the lam, then what is our position?

Paul: I got indigestion. Gloria, you got some Tums over there?

Armone: We don’t need to decide right now. But, you know, he might ask our permission; he might bolt without it. Either way, we oughta have a plan.

Paul: He runs, what does it cost us?

Armone: In money or in trouble?

Paul: Both.

Armone: Trouble, the Feds will be annoyed. They’ll come asking where he is. They’ll ask me, they’ll ask you, they’ll ask Joe (N. Gallo). If there’s any way they can nail us for aiding or abetting, they’ll jump on it. Money, it depends, you want him to be comfortable, maybe 50.

Paul: Maddon’. That comfortable he don’t need to be.

Armone: He could be killed.

Paul: You’re suggesting that?

Armone: We’re talking options.

Paul: No. Tommy A., he’s good people. Some guys get jammed up, they get afraid, they’re worth shit, fuck ‘em, forget about it. Tommy A., this guy we help out the best we can. It ain’t that bad.

Armone: Nah. It’s unfortunate but it’s manageable. And in the meantime, everything else is status quo. The boys all send you their best

Paul: They send me anything else?

Armone: Oh yeah. There’s 9,000 in the envelope.

From the book Boss of Bosses
Nasabeak
Straightened out

Post by Nasabeak »

Article actually was March 27th, 1983
Nasabeak
Straightened out

Post by Nasabeak »

June 1983. Joseph N. Gallo and Paul.

Paul: Joe, you fucked up bad on this prison thing.

Joe: I know, Paul. I’m sorry.

Paul: Well, how the fuck did it happen?

Joe: I was set up. I was suckered. I was handed some wrong advice and I took it. Tommy A. tells me Joe Dogs has a line into the prison guys. He tells he already got a guy moved for Carmine Persico. Paul, it’s on the record that the guy was moved. And why shouldn’t I believe Tommy A.? I’m his gumbah. He says ‘use me.’ He’s doing me a solid. He don’t know Ianuzzi turned. He don’t know Ianuzzi’s fucking all of us.

Paul. And I gotta hear about it from Piney Armone? That ain’t Joe. You know that ain’t right.

Joe: Listen Paul, I know, I know. You want me to mop the floor with my tongue, I’ll do it. I know, and I’m sorry.

Paul: Why didn’t you come to me? Why didn’t you ask?

Joe: Because what if you said no? I’ve never disobeyed you, Paul. Not once. I’ve served you well. I’m proud of that. But here Paul, if I asked you, and you said ‘No, it’s too risky. Don’t do it.’ I would’ve said, fuck you, this is my son. This keeps me awake at nights. Him up there with a bunch of n*ggers. He ain’t got no friends up there. He ain’t protected. You know, you figure your kid can go to the can, okay, that’s the breaks. But not like this. Not some state jail full of fucking animals. It’s a wrong thing.

Paul: Joe, hey. I’m a father. You think I don’t understand that?

Joe: And who the fuck is Piney to be running to you with this?

Paul: Don’t blame him. He did right. He’s not looking to make trouble. Tommy A. came clean with him, because Tommy A. is in the deepest shit of all. Besides, it woulda come out anyway. You know that

Joe: So what now?

Paul: What now. To tell you the truth, I don’t know what now. Agro is fucked, that’s for sure. How big a problem he is for the rest of us remains to be seen.

Joe: Ianuzzi’s the problem

Paul: Ianuzzi’s in the loving hands of the Feds. Whose gonna take the contract? You?

Joe: It’s all turning to shit, isn’t it? I mean, you spend your life working on this thing, this thing of ours. You think you’re doing right. Then something happens, something goes off track, you get old, it don’t look like how it used to look. Disappointed. You end up disappointed. And the bitch of it is, you can’t put your finger on what went wrong. You’re doing good, you’re doing good, you’re doing good. But somehow, the way it all adds up, you ain’t done shit. It all ends up small. It all ends up sour.

Paul: Speak for yourself.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Piccolo wasnt killed because put at risk the construction racket that the family sharedxwith the Genoveses in Connecticut?
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Nasabeak wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm June 1983. Joseph N. Gallo and Paul.

Joe: I was set up. I was suckered. I was handed some wrong advice and I took it. Tommy A. tells me Joe Dogs has a line into the prison guys. He tells he already got a guy moved for Carmine Persico. Paul, it’s on the record that the guy was moved. And why shouldn’t I believe Tommy A.? I’m his gumbah. He says ‘use me.’ He’s doing me a solid. He don’t know Ianuzzi turned. He don’t know Ianuzzi’s fucking all of us.

Paul. And I gotta hear about it from Piney Armone? That ain’t Joe. You know that ain’t right.

Joe: Listen Paul, I know, I know. You want me to mop the floor with my tongue, I’ll do it. I know, and I’m sorry.

Joe: Because what if you said no? I’ve never disobeyed you, Paul. Not once. I’ve served you well. I’m proud of that. But here Paul, if I asked you, and you said ‘No, it’s too risky. Don’t do it.’ I would’ve said, fuck you, this is my son. This keeps me awake at nights. Him up there with a bunch of n*ggers. He ain’t got no friends up there. He ain’t protected. You know, you figure your kid can go to the can, okay, that’s the breaks. But not like this. Not some state jail full of fucking animals. It’s a wrong thing.

Paul: Don’t blame him. He did right. He’s not looking to make trouble. Tommy A. came clean with him, because Tommy A. is in the deepest shit of all. Besides, it woulda come out anyway. You know that

Paul: What now. To tell you the truth, I don’t know what now. Agro is fucked, that’s for sure. How big a problem he is for the rest of us remains to be seen.

Paul: Ianuzzi’s in the loving hands of the Feds. Whose gonna take the contract? You?

Joe: It’s all turning to shit, isn’t it? I mean, you spend your life working on this thing, this thing of ours. You think you’re doing right. Then something happens, something goes off track, you get old, it don’t look like how it used to look. Disappointed. You end up disappointed. And the bitch of it is, you can’t put your finger on what went wrong. You’re doing good, you’re doing good, you’re doing good. But somehow, the way it all adds up, you ain’t done shit. It all ends up small. It all ends up sour.

Nasabeak, I've never seen these transcripts in all the time I've researched Cosa Nostra...thank you so much!
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Browniety86 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:49 am
Nasabeak wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm June 1983. Joseph N. Gallo and Paul.

Nasabeak, I've never seen these transcripts in all the time I've researched Cosa Nostra...thank you so much!
It's from the Boss of Bosses book. I ways loved it, it was one of my favorites, but the authors lied about how the bugs got planted, and it makes you question everything they said. It's unfortunate...
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Genovese guys were used in the hit. That would be a theory if your opinion is one to think it lead to Paul's demise.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Those transcripts dont seem legit
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Almost sound like there interpretation of a conversation and they just wrote a script
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Piccolo was a thorn in the genoveses side always beefing with them over rackets in CT and the patriarcas. Then he got indicted for shaking down Wayne Newton or some shit in Las Vegas and it brought to much heat on the Gambino family. But I wonder who went to big Paul and asked for his head or did big Paul just see his name in the national news and just said it time to kill him. But Paul doesn't have the power or the rite to get the genovese to do the hit and why would they. Unless they were asking paul
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:42 am Piccolo was a thorn in the genoveses side always beefing with them over rackets in CT and the patriarcas. Then he got indicted for shaking down Wayne Newton or some shit in Las Vegas and it brought to much heat on the Gambino family. But I wonder who went to big Paul and asked for his head or did big Paul just see his name in the national news and just said it time to kill him. But Paul doesn't have the power or the rite to get the genovese to do the hit and why would they. Unless they were asking paul
I was always under the assumption it was a favor to Chin
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Nasabeak wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Armone: Nah. It’s unfortunate but it’s manageable. And in the meantime, everything else is status quo. The boys all send you their best

Paul: They send me anything else?

This is great :mrgreen: Paul sounded like the man