Scott Burnstein

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Scott Burnstein

Post by CornerBoy »

he seems like one of the best sources of info for all cities outside of nyc

He speaks to made guys, ppl related to bosses, has FBI agent contacts, and really INVESTIGATES

He has a great website, great podcast which is refreshingly interesting as he doesn't talk about gotti and caters more to ppl in the know like those on here.

Seems smart, quick on his feet and seems like a nice person

Thoughts?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Scott Burnstein

Post by JCB1977 »

In all of my dealings and conversations with Scott, I have found him to be a gentleman and very enthusiastic about his work. He has extensive contacts in Law Enforcement and on the LCN level. He has helped me piece a few things together regarding Pittsburgh members and Detroit. While a few people on this forum have slammed him, he's the first to tell you he's as good as the information provided to him by his sources. His podcast is great. His Phil Leonetti book was fantastic, glad he is a part of this forum.

JCB
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

are you u the buccelletto guy?

if so, you're highly educated and think you work in concert with him very well

you see like a nice guy as well

Is the podcast contrived and edited or is it purely extemporaneously done?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:58 am are you u the buccelletto guy?

if so, you're highly educated and think you work in concert with him very well

you see like a nice guy as well

Is the podcast contrived and edited or is it purely extemporaneously done?
I am not...Just a guy who appreciates OC, I reached out to Scott more than 10 years ago and like I stated earlier, he made the time for me and has helped me with some research along the way.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:52 am In all of my dealings and conversations with Scott, I have found him to be a gentleman and very enthusiastic about his work. He has extensive contacts in Law Enforcement and on the LCN level. He has helped me piece a few things together regarding Pittsburgh members and Detroit. While a few people on this forum have slammed him, he's the first to tell you he's as good as the information provided to him by his sources. His podcast is great. His Phil Leonetti book was fantastic, glad he is a part of this forum.

JCB
Second what JCB said
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:52 am In all of my dealings and conversations with Scott, I have found him to be a gentleman and very enthusiastic about his work. He has extensive contacts in Law Enforcement and on the LCN level. He has helped me piece a few things together regarding Pittsburgh members and Detroit. While a few people on this forum have slammed him, he's the first to tell you he's as good as the information provided to him by his sources. His podcast is great. His Phil Leonetti book was fantastic, glad he is a part of this forum.

JCB
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JCB
+1, expresses my exact feelings as well, if you just replace “Pittsburgh” with “Chicago”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I think it's great to have Scott a member of this board and he opens himself up to criticism on a daily basis. His integrity as journalistic should not be questioned. I do have to ask though, his stories have become much more enthralling since its been behind a paywall, am I right?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Scott is good people. I subscribed to his site. It's pretty great.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:44 am I think it's great to have Scott a member of this board and he opens himself up to criticism on a daily basis. His integrity as journalistic should not be questioned. I do have to ask though, his stories have become much more enthralling since its been behind a paywall, am I right?
I'm sure he saved some stuff up so members would get their money's worth.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:44 am I think it's great to have Scott a member of this board and he opens himself up to criticism on a daily basis. His integrity as journalistic should not be questioned. I do have to ask though, his stories have become much more enthralling since its been behind a paywall, am I right?
At the end of the day, I get it. The amount of research and time that goes into some of these stories can be exhausting. In fantasy football, I use Fantasy Football Guru's with Mike G...it turned into a pay site a few years back...same with Evan Silva. Nothing is for free anymore, I actually need to subscribe to Scott's site...he is arguably one of the most active members of the media who focuses on OC. By little people like me, I thank him for his continued pursuit of info and updates.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:31 am he seems like one of the best sources of info for all cities outside of nyc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MIPj13aAuZk
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

The documentary Detroit Mob Confidential that he made I thought was very good, it made me interested in the Detroit mafia.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:02 am
I'm sure he saved some stuff up so members would get their money's worth.
This.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Scott's an attorney, investigative journalist, author and a podcaster. His book on the Chicago Outfit (with Sam Giancana's nephew, who gladly provided the use of his name while Scott did all the legwork) was really the first book on the contemporary Outfit. Despite being ultra busy, he's always been willing to answer questions and give his time.