Construction arrests made today…

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Construction arrests made today…

Post by MoLarryCurly »

Not much info but Frankie Camuso was picked up today on the construction case. Seems like him and construction officials. I’m sure they’ll be more info in the papers soon.
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Re: Construction arrests made today…

Post by MoLarryCurly »

State not federal
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Posted this in the upcoming luchesse indictment thread where we were discussing this.

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/ ... -Facts.pdf
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Maybe the mods can combine the posts from that thread into this one?
All roads lead to New York.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Let’s see if Jerry writes about the case in tomorrows gangland or if he had already pre wrote the column
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Probably too late for this to be in it.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

not really mob related. im sure some of the contractors on the pay to play list are on record with someone but mainly just greedy construction managers. nothing new. mob or no mob this is how construction in nyc operates. your bid means nothing. the jobs are dolled out before the bids. i worked for a very largevmechanical doing some massive union work and we picked and chose the jobs we wanted and discussed price with managers years ago. no mob involvement
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

queensnyer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:12 pm not really mob related. im sure some of the contractors on the pay to play list are on record with someone but mainly just greedy construction managers. nothing new. mob or no mob this is how construction in nyc operates. your bid means nothing. the jobs are dolled out before the bids. i worked for a very largevmechanical doing some massive union work and we picked and chose the jobs we wanted and discussed price with managers years ago. no mob involvement
Except this case is mob related and does have mob involvement. As I said in the other thread, it involves business racketeering we're increasingly seeing, rather than labor racketeering, but to say this is "not really mob related" is false on its face. Nobody said the mob has a monopoly on construction scams in New York.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:11 pm
queensnyer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:12 pm not really mob related. im sure some of the contractors on the pay to play list are on record with someone but mainly just greedy construction managers. nothing new. mob or no mob this is how construction in nyc operates. your bid means nothing. the jobs are dolled out before the bids. i worked for a very largevmechanical doing some massive union work and we picked and chose the jobs we wanted and discussed price with managers years ago. no mob involvement
Except this case is mob related and does have mob involvement. As I said in the other thread, it involves business racketeering we're increasingly seeing, rather than labor racketeering, but to say this is "not really mob related" is false on its face. Nobody said the mob has a monopoly on construction scams in New York.
The mob has a monopoly on construction scams in New York.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Surprised it wasn’t Federal but Capeci did tell us that this was coming.
He also told us that Madonna and Crea would be indicted soon which then happened 2 months later in May of 2017.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Camuso finally indicted
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

you are correct sir..im confusing the two. as rinaldi group is an open shop. non union gc. labor unions are not involved but i jumped the gun on mob involvement. i just know this is common practice mob or no mob/ union or non union so i would assume they pissed someone off in order to have state come down on them.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

queensnyer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:01 pm
you are correct sir..im confusing the two. as rinaldi group is an open shop. non union gc. labor unions are not involved but i jumped the gun on mob involvement. i just know this is common practice mob or no mob/ union or non union so i would assume they pissed someone off in order to have state come down on them.
Yeah this is standard stuff in construction, Mickey Mouse charges and why everyone is out on No bail lol

This might be the result of everything LE got out of investigating Camuso and CC / Jerry from westside. LE has had major hard on for both and busting out their lucrative businesses was the best they could do. Impressive mob mainly work behind LLCs today

Looking like Barney gonna have a 30+ year run as boss and die in his bed worth tens of millions.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Just to be precise, and not to be a know-it-all jerk, "open shop" means there is a union representing all employees in a particular unit, but membership is voluntary.