Smaller Crime Family Mobsters' Homes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

coldshoulder
On Record

Re: Smaller Crime Family Mobsters' Homes

Post by coldshoulder »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:53 am 3244 Lynn Rd Beaver Twp, OH- Joey Naples (Youngstown Boss, Pittsburgh Family) He was assasinated while standing in the driveway while the mansion was being built by a sniper in a cornfield across the road.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 2677-43908
From this Youngstown guy, this whole thread is great stuff JCB, thanks for the research. Since Naples was gunned down before this house was finished, do we know if his wife or any other relative actually ever occupied this home? Naples had lived the majority of his adult life in a house on a quiet dead-end street on the north side of Youngstown--Carlotta Drive I believe. Do you have an image of that property?

And what about Vincenzo "Briar Hill Jimmy" Prato's residence on the outskirts of Poland. Wasn't it a non-descript 2-story structure that at some point had also been used as a commercial establishment? With a blacktop front yard (former parking area) and fenced in? It would be interesting to see it if it's still standing.

Any images of the three Carabbia brothers' residences, I believe they all lived in Struthers.
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

OK, I found it myself: "Little Joey" Naples lived here from approximately the 1960's until his death in August, 1991.

605 Carlotta Dr., Youngstown, OH 44504. Click the "See all 35 photos" to see all rooms, typical 60's~70's décor and colors, but certainly an impressive (for the era) finished basement area.

https://www.redfin.com/OH/Youngstown/60 ... e/71967162
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:16 am OK, I found it myself: "Little Joey" Naples lived here from approximately the 1960's until his death in August, 1991.

605 Carlotta Dr., Youngstown, OH 44504. Click the "See all 35 photos" to see all rooms, typical 60's~70's décor and colors, but certainly an impressive (for the era) finished basement area.

A friend of mine and an employee of Joey lived next door on Carlotta Dr.
Joey and his wife,Joan, were customers of mine. Joey was a good guy.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

FriendofHenry wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:58 am
coldshoulder wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:16 am OK, I found it myself: "Little Joey" Naples lived here from approximately the 1960's until his death in August, 1991.

What do you think he was worth at his peak?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I'd need to give that some thought. Consider that was when a Million$ was really a Million$.
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

I think I found the home of Vincenzo "Briar Hill Jimmy" Prato, who was also known as "Two-Gun Jimmy".

He came up in the Youngstown area under "Big Dom" Mallamo, was a made member of the Pittsburgh family, and before his death sponsored proteges Joey Naples and Lenny Strollo for induction into the Pittsburgh family.

JCB you are the Youngstown expert...if I have this wrong please advise and I will attempt to delete this post.

Center Road (US 224) outside of Poland, Ohio, a suburb of Youngstown:

Residence.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

OK I'm on somewhat of a roll here.

Ronnie Carabbia along with his brothers Charlie and Orly were significant players in the Youngstown mob scene in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. They were affiliated with the Cleveland family and were power players in the Youngstown-Warren area rackets on behalf of the Cleveland crew.

Ronnie Carabbia's home near the border of Struthers and Poland Township, 2277 Knollwood Ave.; still titled to a Carabbia family member:

Residence 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

coldshoulder wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:00 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:53 am 3244 Lynn Rd Beaver Twp, OH- Joey Naples (Youngstown Boss, Pittsburgh Family) He was assasinated while standing in the driveway while the mansion was being built by a sniper in a cornfield across the road.

From this Youngstown guy, this whole thread is great stuff JCB, thanks for the research. Since Naples was gunned down before this house was finished, do we know if his wife or any other relative actually ever occupied this home? Naples had lived the majority of his adult life in a house on a quiet dead-end street on the north side of Youngstown--Carlotta Drive I believe. Do you have an image of that property?

And what about Vincenzo "Briar Hill Jimmy" Prato's residence on the outskirts of Poland. Wasn't it a non-descript 2-story structure that at some point had also been used as a commercial establishment? With a blacktop front yard (former parking area) and fenced in? It would be interesting to see it if it's still standing.

Any images of the three Carabbia brothers' residences, I believe they all lived in Struthers.
Joey's wife Joan never moved in to the home, a Doctor purchased it unfinished. Joey was on Carlotta Drive in Liberty Twp on the Northside.

Prato lived in the apartment above the bar, called the Starlight Cafe/Lounge out on SR 224 near Struthers Rd. The structure is still there, it still has the fence around the property.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

coldshoulder wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:33 pm OK I'm on somewhat of a roll here.

Ronnie Carabbia along with his brothers Charlie and Orly were significant players in the Youngstown mob scene in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. They were affiliated with the Cleveland family and were power players in the Youngstown-Warren area rackets on behalf of the Cleveland crew.

Ronnie Carabbia's home near the border of Struthers and Poland Township, 2277 Knollwood Ave.; still titled to a Carabbia family member:

Residence 2.png
Ronnie's wife Jo Jo lives there with her sister, Sally Ann Almasy, wife of Moose Almasy, former owner of La Villa Sports bar.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

coldshoulder wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:28 pm I think I found the home of Vincenzo "Briar Hill Jimmy" Prato, who was also known as "Two-Gun Jimmy".

He came up in the Youngstown area under "Big Dom" Mallamo, was a made member of the Pittsburgh family, and before his death sponsored proteges Joey Naples and Lenny Strollo for induction into the Pittsburgh family.

JCB you are the Youngstown expert...if I have this wrong please advise and I will attempt to delete this post.

Center Road (US 224) outside of Poland, Ohio, a suburb of Youngstown:

Residence.png
This is it 100%

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:34 pm

$10 million per the FBI. His late wife Joan began dating Peter Cascarelli and now live in a small 2 BR apartment in Poland, OH on Diana Dr. Allegedly, they spent most of this money at the track in West Virginia.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:34 pm

$10 million per the FBI. His late wife Joan began dating Peter Cascarelli and now live in a small 2 BR apartment in Poland, OH on Diana Dr. Allegedly, they spent most of this money at the track in West Virginia.
WOW. Crazy
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:11 am

Joey's wife Joan never moved in to the home, a Doctor purchased it unfinished. Joey was on Carlotta Drive in Liberty Twp on the Northside.

Prato lived in the apartment above the bar, called the Starlight Cafe/Lounge out on SR 224 near Struthers Rd. The structure is still there, it still has the fence around the property.
Point of clarification -- Carlotta Drive is in the city of Youngstown, not Liberty Township (although it's close).

From reading Prato's FBI/DOJ files that you've posted elsewhere here, the eating/drinking establishment on the first floor below Prato's residence was known at various times, likely under different management but also likely just "fronts", as the Starlight Café, Lennie's Lounge, the New Dutch Inn, Guisseppi's Bar & Restaurant, and the White Kitchen.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:31 am

Point of clarification -- Carlotta Drive is in the city of Youngstown, not Liberty Township (although it's close).

From reading Prato's FBI/DOJ files that you've posted elsewhere here, the eating/drinking establishment on the first floor below Prato's residence was known at various times, likely under different management but also likely just "fronts", as the Starlight Café, Lennie's Lounge, the New Dutch Inn, Guisseppi's Bar & Restaurant, and the White Kitchen.
A fellow I knew operated a Country - Western dance club on the first floor where Jimmy lived on RT.224.
I was told the crowd at the club got so noisy one night that Jimmy came down carrying a shotgun and told everyone to be quite.
The Starlight Cafe was directly across the street and I'm sure that was one of Jimmy's laundromats ;)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

coldshoulder wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:31 am

Joey was on the North Side of Carlotta Drive while the other part of Carlotta Drive, part of the neighborhood anyway was Liberty Twp. Not sure where the exact line was separating North Side from Liberty Twp

When it was the Starlight, the bar did well. Prato also had the Calla Mar Restaurant & Catering Hall. His wife Carmel ran it, did all the cooking. It was a very successful venue for many years. A front, yes. But the businesses also turned a profit. Mike Romeo had the Liquor store in Struthers, OH on Youngstown-Poland Rd. Big Dom Mallamo also had the CMAS Club (Calabrese Mutual Aid Society) and the Workingmen's Club Bar downtown next to Don Hanni's office. The old Calabrians believed you needed to own businesses to justify income to the IRS "for appearances" which is very old school.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP