Riccobene-Scarfo War 1982-1983

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

ItzPurpleAki
Associate

Re: Riccobene-Scarfo War 1982-1983

Post by ItzPurpleAki »

Tony Monte wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 am Yes it was from Blood and Honor. Faffy and Joey were drinking at a bar near where veterans stadium used to be. A few of the Riccobene crew members were outside, Faffy had his cousin bring him a gun and when they walked out pointed the gun and the Riccobene crew and said we’re leaving here alive.
Do you have the exact extract?
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am
Tony Monte wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 am Yes it was from Blood and Honor. Faffy and Joey were drinking at a bar near where veterans stadium used to be. A few of the Riccobene crew members were outside, Faffy had his cousin bring him a gun and when they walked out pointed the gun and the Riccobene crew and said we’re leaving here alive.
That may explain why Faffy is currently back in the fold and held in high regard in 2019 South Philly.
Yeah probably, The Crow definitely paints him as a manipulator, but there is no doubting that he was/is a stone gangster.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:47 pm Early 1983 – Spirito, Caramandi and Iannece are given another chance on the Mario Riccobene contract while Testa’s crew continues to stalk the Riccobenes as a second hit team. After explaining the Spirito situation, Caramandi and Iannece are called to a meeting by Ciancaglini and Salvatore Merlino where they are given the contract on Spirito.
Chick, we dont wanna be with this guy no more! - That always makes me chuckle for some reason.

Great post as always Chin. I dont think people realize how helpful these timelines truly are. They save tons of reading time.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Robert cissell
Associate

Post by Robert cissell »

Didn't they kill frank Monte with a 22 rifle? Shot him like 5 times or so I believe
"You gotta kill people. And you gotta keep on killing 'em."
-Scarfo
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

8 according to shooter Pedulla himself
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I remember the old A&E documentary on the Philly Mob Wars, the one where they're talking to Harry Riccobene in prison. I'll never forget when they talk about Bobby Riccobene and he says "they killed my brother"...Just the way he said it and the emotion on his face was very sad...Harry had the makings to be a great boss, moreso than that fucking nut Nick Scarfo...
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:43 am I remember the old A&E documentary on the Philly Mob Wars, the one where they're talking to Harry Riccobene in prison. I'll never forget when they talk about Bobby Riccobene and he says "they killed my brother"...Just the way he said it and the emotion on his face was very sad...Harry had the makings to be a great boss, moreso than that fucking nut Nick Scarfo...
Had he just kicked up to Scarfo, like everyone else, his brother never would have gotten blasted, plus the guy was an informant.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Chucky wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:11 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:43 am I remember the old A&E documentary on the Philly Mob Wars, the one where they're talking to Harry Riccobene in prison. I'll never forget when they talk about Bobby Riccobene and he says "they killed my brother"...Just the way he said it and the emotion on his face was very sad...Harry had the makings to be a great boss, moreso than that fucking nut Nick Scarfo...
Had he just kicked up to Scarfo, like everyone else, his brother never would have gotten blasted, plus the guy was an informant.
I mean hell, the guy was supposedly made at what, 17 or something like that? If that’s correct, that’s always blown my mind. Made at a crazy young age, and spends a few decades away from the fold doing his own thing under Bruno until Scarfo notices him.
I’ve always wondered, out of the crew of guys Harry had around him, were there any other made guys? He seems to be like a de-facto capo of a crew of associates.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

MickeyMeatballs wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:15 am
I mean hell, the guy was supposedly made at what, 17 or something like that? If that’s correct, that’s always blown my mind. Made at a crazy young age, and spends a few decades away from the fold doing his own thing under Bruno until Scarfo notices him.
I’ve always wondered, out of the crew of guys Harry had around him, were there any other made guys? He seems to be like a de-facto capo of a crew of associates.
There were no made guys under him. He was a soldier who ran a semi-independent crew of associates.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wonder what information gave up?I know Mario Riccobene was an informant and when he came back to Philly they hit him...Dude had balls though tellin Scarfo chalk it on the kick up...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I always wonder what kind of boss Phil Testa woulda been but then I remember him making a known dope dealer Pete Casella underboss...not really a stroke of genius in my opinion...
Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:49 am I always wonder what kind of boss Phil Testa woulda been but then I remember him making a known dope dealer Pete Casella underboss...not really a stroke of genius in my opinion...
Phil Leonetti attributed it to both of them being Sicilian, which Scarfo resented.