Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

This book is worse than Gene Borellos book. So many errors its wild and nothing of value.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:12 am This book is worse than Gene Borellos book. So many errors its wild and nothing of value.
Wayne Clingman is a horrendous writer, his book about Frank Balistrieri was terrible.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:03 pm ^^^^
B.C. gangster who broke out of prison is Canada's most-wanted fugitive
https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/can ... er-from-bc

250 000 $ de récompense pour retrouver un meurtrier en cavale
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... cavale.php
“The high-level official said Alkhalil was probably ‘out of the country within an hour’ of his B.C. escape.”

Gangster, killer, escapee: How Robby Alkhalil broke out of a B.C. jail https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/how ... of-bc-jail
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:23 pm New e-book available on Amazon today — link below is to the Amazon US site.

The Buffalo Mafia: The Return Of Organized Crime To The Queen City
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP9KYP2H
can you explain more about this book? are the authors credible? did this come out of nowhere or has it been being worked on? any insight? thanks! and I appreciate your contributions
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Cheech wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:05 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:23 pm New e-book available on Amazon today — link below is to the Amazon US site.

can you explain more about this book? are the authors credible? did this come out of nowhere or has it been being worked on? any insight? thanks! and I appreciate your contributions

It is only 74 pages and claims to cover.

• An introduction into the history of crime in Buffalo
• The beginnings of Mafia activity in the Queen City
• Past and present alleged leaders, soldiers and associates
of The Arm and its affiliated operations
• Government sources and witnesses imperative
to understanding mob activities
• An introduction to recent criminal activity indicating
the Mafia in Buffalo is anything but dormant

So I imagine it is just a regurgitation of the few articles we have seen with no new info or any real research or indepth analysis.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Thanks. Ya. Ill pass
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

antimafia wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:20 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:03 pm ^^^^
B.C. gangster who broke out of prison is Canada's most-wanted fugitive
https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/can ... er-from-bc

250 000 $ de récompense pour retrouver un meurtrier en cavale
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... cavale.php
“The high-level official said Alkhalil was probably ‘out of the country within an hour’ of his B.C. escape.”

Gangster, killer, escapee: How Robby Alkhalil broke out of a B.C. jail https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/how ... of-bc-jail
Thanks for all your updates on this. Really enjoy reading about the mess in canada. Blows my mind sometimes especially Alkhalil and the shit he’s been able to pull off. Wonder if he will turn up.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 am
read through the Magaddino tapes and you'll see that Stefano Magaddino inducted his loser nephew Joe Bongiorno as a member and got him a job tending bar at a bowling alley. The non-Italian bowling alley manager was a repeat visitor to Magaddino's office and often complained about Bongiorno for, among other things, stealing money from the till when he was on shift.
I don't know if folks already know this, but in my digging I've learned Joe Bongiorno is also known as Joe Bongiovanni:

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:36 am
Totally forgot that Fino had written a whole chapter on Vacco called, "Corrupt Justice – Dennis Vacco." After reading this again I am more convinced than ever that he was mobbed up--and really makes me wonder about his hiring of Lee Coppola given Coppola's family history with the mob in WNY. Fino writes:
In the spring of 1988, I learned that New York Senator Alfonse D’Amato was going to have President Ronald Reagan nominate Dennis Vacco to the position of United States Attorney for Western New York. This revelation took place at a luncheon meeting I was having with former Congressman Jack Kemp’s assistant Russell Gugino, Joseph Cardinale and Victor Sansanese. They let me know about the pending appointment and were totally elated regarding it, exclaiming the benefits they could reap from having a friend in such a high position.

I answered them I didn’t know much about him. Gugino retorted, “He is our guy and a great friend,” and that Jimmy Cosentino, Tommy Reynolds (former member of the Erie County legislature and later chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee), Lou Billittier (owner of Chef’s Restaurant), Bob Gioia (Gioia Pasta), Louie Russo (Sorrento Cheese), Harry Williams, Larry Reger (and someone whose name I cannot remember) implored Senator D’Amato to present Vacco’s name to the president for nominating. Gugino went on about Vacco and how he was extremely close to Vacco’s father Carmen, the chairman of the town of Brant Republican Party. Additionally, some in the Democratic Party agreed to go along with the appointment and would not cause any problems for the Republican.

Sometime right after that Jimmy Cosentino and James “Harry” Williams sent word that they wanted to see me. When we met they asked me to gather up a group of people to attend an event they were holding for Senator D’Amato (I think the amount was $1,000 per person), that would be held at Cosentino’s (James “Harry” Williams was a secret part owner) Executive Resort Hotel located near the Buffalo airport. Williams said, “Don’t worry about the cost; the tickets are already paid for. Just bring bodies.” He handed me around 20 tickets which I gave to some of the employees of Hazardous Waste Management.

At the event Jimmy Cosentino was walking around with the senator and introducing him to his friends and many of the other attendees. After guiding D’Amato to me, Cosentino did not know that we already knew each other and introduced me. D’Amato acknowledged that he already knew me and that we had met on a number of occasions. Then both D’Amato and Cosentino introduced me to Dennis Vacco and his father who were standing nearby. We shook hands and they greeted me in a very friendly way but no other words were uttered. While the senator was talking to Vacco, Cosentino pulled me aside and whispered in my ear that Vacco was going to be the new US Attorney. After apprising Cosentino that I already heard of the disclosure, he went on to say how he, together with New York City entrepreneur Phil Basile and Uncle Joe (referring to Joseph Todaro Sr.) helped make sure that the senator appointed Vacco. Cosentino and the senator continued making the rounds and after personally greeting some of the other guests I went over to sign the guest book. While looking over the names I noticed that Vacco signed in as the United States Attorney even though he did not hold that position.

His selection as the new US Attorney for the Western New York district was, to say the least; very disturbing news for me and immediately after the reception I let the FBI and SA Steven Naum know what I previously relayed to them was, in fact, true. This was a disaster just waiting to happen and in my opinion was going to cause serious consequences for me as well as the numerous ongoing investigations.

Naum still did not believe it and said, “The next Western New York US Attorney is going to be Roger Williams.”

In a later conversation I had with Joe Cardinale he stated that it was Russ Gugino who brought Dennis Vacco into the fold. Sometime after that I went and talked to Conservative Party Chairman Bill Delmont, who was, for many years, a very dear and close friend, and I always liked him for keeping confidentiality. He confirmed that Vacco was indeed going to get the position and that he was concerned about my safety.

Then it happened, and on my birthday, June 1, 1988, United States Attorney General Edwin Meese named Dennis Vacco as the new United States Attorney. Oh my God! I thought to myself. How does the FBI keep my role secret from a guy I know is the enemy?
It appears Jimmy got a nice "Patronage Job" from Mario Cuomo. In an article about Jimmy's political connections/donations and owed back taxes the Buffalo News writes:

"In 1991, then-Gov. Mario M. Cuomo appointed Cosentino to the state's Tourism Advisory Council, and he became its only active hotelier. The year before, Gorski named a Cosentino brother-in-law, Joseph D. DiVincenzo, to the board of the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority.

DiVincenzo had been serving as Dynamic Enterprises vice president for sales and marketing, so some county legislators saw a conflict; company hotels near the airport depended on airport business and NFTA policy.

In 1996, Patrick A. Cosentino II, brother of James and a Dynamic executive, was elected to the board of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, the agency financed by the bed tax.
"

Patrick is Jimmy's brother and business partner.
See: https://buffalonews.com/news/cosentino- ... 22df3.html
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:02 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:12 am This book is worse than Gene Borellos book. So many errors its wild and nothing of value.
Wayne Clingman is a horrendous writer, his book about Frank Balistrieri was terrible.

Rooster and John W,

I'm offering to pass on to Wayne Clingman whatever you want passed on in terms of constructive criticism and flat-out factual inaccuracies. If the criticism is withering, I may not pass some of it on because Wayne is a huge supporter of mine on Twitter -- to be honest, I'm not sure what I did to deserve a handful of dedicated followers like him. And by "handful," I mean, like, two; three at the most. :D :D :D

Like John, I also purchased the The Life and Times of Frank Balistrieri. Unlike John, I have not read my copy (ebook purchased back in April), which I bought to demonstrate support. I will eventually buy The Buffalo Mafia ebook for the same reason but I very likely won't promote it on Twitter or elsewhere, including here on TBHF and similar forums. I didn't realize till I took a closer look today at the Amazon listing for this recent book that Christian Cipollini wrote the intro -- my understanding is that Christian, as a mafia researcher, has garnered the respect of at least some TBHF posters; I appreciate what he does.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

antimafia wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:03 am

Rooster and John W,

I'm offering to pass on to Wayne Clingman whatever you want passed on in terms of constructive criticism and flat-out factual inaccuracies. If the criticism is withering, I may not pass some of it on because Wayne is a huge supporter of mine on Twitter -- to be honest, I'm not sure what I did to deserve a handful of dedicated followers like him. And by "handful," I mean, like, two; three at the most. :D :D :D

Like John, I also purchased the The Life and Times of Frank Balistrieri. Unlike John, I have not read my copy (ebook purchased back in April), which I bought to demonstrate support. I will eventually buy The Buffalo Mafia ebook for the same reason but I very likely won't promote it on Twitter or elsewhere, including here on TBHF and similar forums. I didn't realize till I took a closer look today at the Amazon listing for this recent book that Christian Cipollini wrote the intro -- my understanding is that Christian, as a mafia researcher, has garnered the respect of at least some TBHF posters; I appreciate what he does.
Nothing new. Misspellings. Grammatical errors. No pics in a book that desperately needs fillers. Leaves out a bunch of members and associates. Tries desperately to make himself look as if hes an expert on the subject. Has the story about little Joey all wrong. Copies and pastes like hes drunk. Just overall horrible. Has Peter as a higher ranking associate than Sam when Sam runs the whole show at the union locally and upstate wide. Has Peter Gerace Sr. as a "sort of" made guy but an associate. No interviews with anyone of importance. You can tell how lazy the author is. We can write a better book than this.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Rooster and John W,

im not rooster. always been Cheech. thanks!
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:31 am

Rooster and John W,

im not rooster. always been Cheech. thanks!
Cheech, why have they always said you were Rooster?? I thought Vacari was Rooster?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
In my mind, Newyorkempire will always be Rooster from Gangster BB.

To me, Cheech is always Cheech.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

antimafia wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:26 am ^^^^
In my mind, Newyorkempire will always be Rooster from Gangster BB.

To me, Cheech is always Cheech.
You have a wild imagination both ways