Canada is like Europe

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

luciang
Associate

Re: Canada is like Europe

Post by luciang »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:51 am
luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the gouvernmant
Does Romania factor into the greater OC landscape? Serious question here....
In a way, yes...but they're not big players outside of the country.
They are the biggest in prostitution on the whole continent though, they have massive organised begging rings(the movie Filantropica is very educational and entertaining about this subject... it's on YouTube with subtitles), pick pocket rings, the biggest in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and more.
There is a group associated with the 'Ndrangheta, but a small one.
But they generally picked up the things that the likes of the Italian mafia aren't interested in anymore.

Inside of Romania they're organised more like the Sicilian mafia used to be, doing big bits in real estate and construction in general, backed up by the corrupt government.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

luciang wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:29 am
luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the gouvernmant
They are the biggest in prostitution on the whole continent though, they have massive organised begging rings(the movie Filantropica is very educational and entertaining about this subject... it's on YouTube with subtitles), pick pocket rings, the biggest in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and more.
But they generally picked up the things that the likes of the Italian mafia aren't interested in anymore.

Inside of Romania they're organised more like the Sicilian mafia used to be, doing big bits in real estate and construction in general, backed up by the corrupt government.
Are they also present in Rome? I feel like I might have heard about a pressence there....
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I did I just didn't have a reply. I see the comparison you're making between Montreal and Messina in that specfic paragraph.
luciang
Associate

Post by luciang »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 am
luciang wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:29 am

Are they also present in Rome? I feel like I might have heard about a pressence there....
Oh, yeah, massive massive presence in Rome
Italy was easier to penetrate for Romanians, because our languages are very similar
But every major city within the European Union is full of them
I was in Paris in may, was browsing a shop and when I came out there was this begger and a guy in a suit came to him and asked him in Romanian "are you with Relu's crew?"😂