General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:29 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:12 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 am Interesting article in the suntimes. Since the Outlaws are allied with the outfit and one of the shootings was in Berwyn, this could bring the outfit in some how. Article is about a war between the Mongols and Outlaws in Chicago area, who use to be allies

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/11 ... -31-lounge
Mongols are a Latino biker gang, am I reading that right?
It said...["mostly recruiting younger Latino men"]
For the most part they are Latino even though they were founded by whites and Latinos in the 60s in California. There are still white members but being based out of east LA they will be mostly Latino
Interesting article. I don’t pretend to know much about the biker stuff, but I’ve never been aware that the Mongols had any presence in Chicago. But then again, all the Latino bikers I knew as a kid were Puerto Rican and were members of the LAMA Club on Division St, though many were additionally longtime street gang members.

Given that it’s a CA club, I’d guess that the Mongols have made inroads in Chicagoland mainly among Mexicans, which is what the article suggests.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:29 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:12 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 am Interesting article in the suntimes. Since the Outlaws are allied with the outfit and one of the shootings was in Berwyn, this could bring the outfit in some how. Article is about a war between the Mongols and Outlaws in Chicago area, who use to be allies

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/11 ... -31-lounge
Mongols are a Latino biker gang, am I reading that right?
It said...["mostly recruiting younger Latino men"]

For the most part they are Latino even though they were founded by whites and Latinos in the 60s in California. There are still white members but being based out of east LA they will be mostly Latino
Can't picture a big group riding Harleys. Low riders, maybe
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:17 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:49 am
SonnyC wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:10 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm
InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:16 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:45 pm
InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:45 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
Is that Johnny Apes on the top right?
Yes. Joe LaMantia is also on the bottom right.
I always pictured him in the glasses.
Johnny Apes is top left in red shirt
I don't think that is Monteleone, looks more like Ronnie Jarrett. The guy at the top right is definitely not him. He was an acquaintance of mine from the ONIAC who was not an Outfit guy just someone from the neighborhood.
I’m pretty sure that is a young Johnny Apes is top left with red shirt but I guess I could be wrong
Apes was 10 years older than Shorty, which doesn't fit the guy at top left.

I don't think he's Ronnie either, as even at a younger age, Ronnie was heavier set than this guy, and these guys don't tend to lose weight over time.
Top right is definitely Monteleone. Obviously, Shorty LaMantia is bottom right.

The guys on the left are Joseph (seating) and William (standing) Pacella, brothers.

https://iaet-chicago.org/iaet-1998-man- ... m-pacella/
I guarantee you the guy at the top right is not Monteleone. He was a neighborhood guy, named Red, former boxer and Streets and San worker. I met Joe Pacella at the club few times, but did not know the brother.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

SonnyC wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:35 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
I don't think that is Monteleone, looks more like Ronnie Jarrett. The guy at the top right is definitely not him. He was an acquaintance of mine from the ONIAC who was not an Outfit guy just someone from the neighborhood.
I’m pretty sure that is a young Johnny Apes is top left with red shirt but I guess I could be wrong

I don't think he's Ronnie either, as even at a younger age, Ronnie was heavier set than this guy, and these guys don't tend to lose weight over time.

The guys on the left are Joseph (seating) and William (standing) Pacella, brothers.

I guarantee you the guy at the top right is not Monteleone. He was a neighborhood guy named Red, former boxer and Streets and San worker. I met Joe Pacella at the club few times, but did not know the brother. Shorty did not come around ONIAC while I was there, but had his own club a few blocks away. Richie Catezone ran it for him while he was away. Still have the membership card around here somewhere.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Monteleone being called "Apes" and hanging with the Pacellas reminds me of NJ underworld figure Dominick "Apes" Pacelli who was killed in 1930. He was close to Richie Boiardo who used to live in Chicago. No doubt a coincidence but names like Pacelli/Pacella are sometimes interchangeable. Curious if "Apes" Pacelli had Chicago links of his own.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:56 pm Monteleone being called "Apes" and hanging with the Pacellas reminds me of NJ underworld figure Dominick "Apes" Pacelli who was killed in 1930. He was close to Richie Boiardo who used to live in Chicago. No doubt a coincidence but names like Pacelli/Pacella are sometimes interchangeable. Curious if "Apes" Pacelli had Chicago links of his own.
Dominick Pacelli’s parents were Carmine and Anna Maria Pacelli from Ricigliano; there were tons of Pacellis from Ricigliano in Chicago, of course. The Pacellas were from Ricigliano and neighborhood Balvano, Potenza. I also note that Newark Carmine Pacelli’s other was a Bagnoulo, which was another Riciglianese surname that was big in Chinatown (e.g., corrupt CPD cop “Jimmy Bags” Bagnola). Shorty LaMantia’s mother’s family was also from Ricigliano.

The Newark Pacellis may not have been a one-off in NJ either, as of course the Catenas were also from the immediate area around Ricigliano.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I guarantee you the guy at the top right is not Monteleone. He was a neighborhood guy, named Red, former boxer and Streets and San worker. I met Joe Pacella at the club few times, but did not know the brother.
This photo has been circulating for a little bit and that's who he is always labeled as. It looks enough like him that I didn't really contest the ID
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Snakes wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:33 am

This photo has been circulating for a little bit and that's who he is always labeled as. It looks enough like him that I didn't really contest the ID
I hear you. I wouldn't have brought it up except I knew the guy. I was really just looking for what's been said about Shorty. He had his own club a few blocks North on Shields that doubled as an after hours place for neighborhood people. Had to have a membership card to get in.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Find Pacella much more interesting as he's the guy Pissios was big into on a gambling debt.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pacella was one of a number of guys that the feds surveilled coming and going from the Old Neighborhood Italian American Club in the late 80s and early 90s.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:24 pm Pacella was one of a number of guys that the feds surveilled coming and going from the Old Neighborhood Italian American Club in the late 80s and early 90s.
Is that in someones FBI files?

Tony, is that Rossi spot the old Tini Martini? Been there a few times, small place.
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:11 am Saw this on Facebook. Spina with who looks like Deleo in the background at Lisa’s Club Cabaret. Another with Deleo and singer Tony Ocean. For people that don’t know, Jimmy Deleo is a former state senator that was controlled by the Outfit. I believe he answered to grand ave.

Which one is Christy Spina? The guy on the right?
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

Don't know where the picture went.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:33 pm Tony, is that Rossi spot the old Tini Martini? Been there a few times, small place.
Nah, the River North spot where the recent quadruple shooting occurred is owned by a company called Martini Bros which is stated to be connected to Rossi.

If I recall correctly, Tini Martini was on Milwaukee in Logan Square? Never went but used to mess with some chicks that hung out there.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:26 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:33 pm Tony, is that Rossi spot the old Tini Martini? Been there a few times, small place.
Nah, the River North spot where the recent quadruple shooting occurred is owned by a company called Martini Bros which is stated to be connected to Rossi.

If I recall correctly, Tini Martini was on Milwaukee in Logan Square? Never went but used to mess with some chicks that hung out there.
Martini Ranch use to be in the spot where the shooting occures. Good spot. Must have close 10 plus years ago.