New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

axx
Straightened out

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by axx »

Didn't the blog have a comments section before?
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

There is a guy on a list Vincent Yumpie Perino.Killed by civilian in 1959.He was killed by his girlfriend,while he was talking to his other girlfriend over the phone.Stabed him with the kitchen knife like pig.Guy was a member of hijacking gang who executed hijacking of truck loaded with whisky valued 30.000 and they were arrested by feds who had them on surveillance.This was in 1943.Guy was sentenced and got out in 50s,and killed by a girlfriend just like Nicholas Castello of Bonnano family.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 am
B. wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:52 pm He has Billy Bats as made so appears Hill's claim was credible.
Must be a mistake.

JD also mistakenly listed Ralph Sprizza as a deceased Colombo member on another list found on his site. Sprizza was later identified by the FBI as a Gambino member. I´m surprised to see JD making mistakes like that.
Anyone can make mistakes, but do you have any documents that directly refute the Bentvena info?

I can't' see LCNBios relying solely on Henry Hill's sensationalized info on him so curious what is said in FBI files.

For example in his write-up on Carmine Dellacroce he was hesitant to definitively ID him as a member even though someone claimed to have been introduced to him as an amico nostra, as there were conflicting accounts.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

B. wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:52 pm He has Billy Bats as made so appears Hill's claim was credible.
Must be a mistake.

JD also mistakenly listed Ralph Sprizza as a deceased Colombo member on another list found on his site. Sprizza was later identified by the FBI as a Gambino member. I´m surprised to see JD making mistakes like that.
He didn't make a mistake. The FBI made the mistake.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Must be a mistake.

Anyone can make mistakes, but do you have any documents that directly refute the Bentvena info?

I can't' see LCNBios relying solely on Henry Hill's sensationalized info on him so curious what is said in FBI files.

For example in his write-up on Carmine Dellacroce he was hesitant to definitively ID him as a member even though someone claimed to have been introduced to him as an amico nostra, as there were conflicting accounts.
I have no documents at all on Bentvena but the FBI never listed him as made unless JD found something recent from them specifically listing Bentvena as a deceased made Gambino member. He would have been pretty young when the books closed in 1957/1958.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:55 am
Must be a mistake.

Please explain.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:09 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:55 am
Must be a mistake.

Please explain.
JD is the Chuck Norris of his trade. Maybe there was a Sprizza who was a Colombo. Maybe the fbi had it wrong. You know that's possible? I mean it's a trivial mistake for all the great info he's put out there.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:09 am
Please explain.
[/quote]

JD is the Chuck Norris of his trade. Maybe there was a Sprizza who was a Colombo. Maybe the fbi had it wrong. You know that's possible? I mean it's a trivial mistake for all the great info he's put out there.
[/quote]

No, I´m not accepting that explanation.

You said "He didnt make a mistake. The FBI made a mistake."

I want to know what makes you think you know that JD did not make a mistake and that the FBI made a mistake.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I've seen numerous examples of people who were identified by member sources as amico nos who for whatever reason weren't included on later FBI lists. The FBI had a lot of info to reconcile so some people slipped through.

Can't comment on Bentvena specifically but that's one possibility. To JD's credit he was the first person I remember on the RealDeal who really set the record straight that his true surname was Bentvena and not Devino.
JoeNGallo
On Record

Post by JoeNGallo »

Updated with 1970s Lucchese Family Ceremonies: https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2022/10/lu ... 1970s.html
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

He’s been on a tear lately, keep ‘em coming!
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Lucchese's 70s lists are interesting there were a few guys on there that were a lot younger than I thought, family stalwarts I figured were made before Appalachian but were really like 12 years old at that time lol.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Frank Gioia Sr was made young compared to many of the other guys, was his son eventually, I think son was only 23/25 when made. Makes you think Gioia Sr probably put in some heavy work. Have a relative that went to Old Pats School on Prince St with him, and grew up same area and time as him, said he was one of the tougher guys in the neighborhood with his hands.

I never realized Bobby Amuso was made this early. For some reason, assumed he was made once Vic gained juice within the family in the 80s.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

TSNYC wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:20 pm
I never realized Bobby Amuso was made this early. For some reason, assumed he was made once Vic gained juice within the family in the 80s.
He was a force to be reckoned with on his own. Even after Vic became boss Bobby never had to ride his coattails.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

What happened to Joseph 'Joey Tee' Brocchini (43y) Made in Jan/Feb 76 and murdered May 1976? He didn't last long