Vinny Goregous, Sally Daz, and Mikey Nose

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Honk
On Record

Re: Vinny Goregous, Sally Daz, and Mikey Nose

Post by Honk »

What I haven’t seen discussed is whether or not Vinny Basicano was behind the attempted overthrow of Mancuso.

Vinny was tight with the captains who attempted it and I could see him instigating it after Mancuso stopped taking his calls.

Thoughts?
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Vinny could not punch his way out of a paper bag these days. He doing salsa with the latin kings these days in the can after their aerobic classes are over. His power days ended back in 2005 - never to be gained again. Forget Vinny gorgeous.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

B. wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:51 pm
HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:06 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:47 am Short of giving Sally Daz round the clock protection which Cosa Nostra is not known to provide to associates what could Mikey Nose even do? Gang members were stalking the guy with tips from his own son. Maybe Mikey did put word out on the street but that word stays within their own circles and doesn’t make it to the corners the Bloods control.
Protection only works when violance coming from within the Families can be stopped. Not if it comes from the outside, especially with a "sneak job" like this.
I'm reminded of Frank Cocchiaro's son (later made) getting his ass kicked by a black Muslim at a construction site. The DeCavalcantes met with Carlo Gambino and he advised them not to retaliate as they didn't want to bring more heat / problems as the guy was affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood or Nation of Islam. They also felt Cocchiaro's son provoked it, if I remember right.

If that happened today there'd be a narrative about how far the mob has fallen, but there are certainly examples of them being selective or strategic about intervening in these types of issues.

Also have to wonder if some of the Bonanno leaders had an idea that this was a lowercase family dispute. The mob has been known to avoid those kinds of issues, i.e. Joe Colombo deciding not to intervene when Charlie LoCicero killed his grandson then was killed by his own son (the kid's father). Even though LoCicero and his son were made members Colombo felt it best not to get directly involved.
Great point.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Honk wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:22 am What I haven’t seen discussed is whether or not Vinny Basicano was behind the attempted overthrow of Mancuso.

Vinny was tight with the captains who attempted it and I could see him instigating it after Mancuso stopped taking his calls.

Thoughts?
1st I heard that Vinny was tight with Porky? Porky is not tight with anyone from the Bronx his whole life. Brooklyn, SI and Queens yes. Bronx..no.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Mancuso is not just a lightning rod when he’s putting a whole faction on the shelf n ordered the wake drama

A uncle june/lightening rod situation would be similar to sopranos season 1 before the big busts when junior said spring cleaning time n they still looked over at Tony for approval/orders
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Cops commenting on here...
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:47 am Short of giving Sally Daz round the clock protection which Cosa Nostra is not known to provide to associates what could Mikey Nose even do? Gang members were stalking the guy with tips from his own son. Maybe Mikey did put word out on the street but that word stays within their own circles and doesn’t make it to the corners the Bloods control.
right
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

right
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Cheech, You really are a jackass .. I know this forum is the only fuking thing you do with your life, ur a little peon .

The guy was paying protection....regardless.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:27 pm Cheech, You really are a jackass .. I know this forum is the only fuking thing you do with your life, ur a little peon .

The guy was paying protection....regardless.
You right.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Mikeymike- cheech made perfect sense why are u taking cheap shots at him. he very well versed in the history of lcn and knows shit from the street in NE.plus, he is a good guy
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

The whole matter of fact is it es his own son orchestrating the hit
On his sons b day I might add sm

For all we know he was giving his son the money to pay for the protection 😂😂
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.