Made men only italian for the mother' side the future of LCN

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Made men only italian for the mother' side the future of

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB - Are you saying that Lenny was the one who refused to make any new recruits? If so; wasn't it Michael's prerogative to recruit and not Lennys? Especially knowing how Michael felt about Lenny at that time. We both know that Lenny was now answering to Zebo.

The Jew was never a card in the deck. I know for a fact how my "Friends" from Pittsburgh felt about Bernie and his lifelong desire to be a Made Man. That was never going to happen and it had nothing to due with him not being Italian. As much as he would have loved to be invited to camp, that never happened, let alone for him being considered to be made. Charlie always said that Bernie attracted the "Eye" like shit attracts flies.

I'm afraid you've got me really confused.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote:JCB - Are you saying that Lenny was the one who refused to make any new recruits? If so; wasn't it Michael's prerogative to recruit and not Lennys? Especially knowing how Michael felt about Lenny at that time. We both know that Lenny was now answering to Zebo.

The Jew was never a card in the deck. I know for a fact how my "Friends" from Pittsburgh felt about Bernie and his lifelong desire to be a Made Man. That was never going to happen and it had nothing to due with him not being Italian. As much as he would have loved to be invited to camp, that never happened, let alone for him being considered to be made. Charlie always said that Bernie attracted the "Eye" like shit attracts flies.

No, I think you are misunderstanding. I didn't say anything about Lenny and recruits. I meant that Bernie recruited the black drug dealers to gamble at his club and do some of the dirty work for Lenny. I was responding to phatmattress that he may have confused Chucky Porter and Lenny Strollo in regards to recruiting the african american drug dealers to do some of the heavy work.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:JCB - Are you saying that Lenny was the one who refused to make any new recruits? If so; wasn't it Michael's prerogative to recruit and not Lennys? Especially knowing how Michael felt about Lenny at that time. We both know that Lenny was now answering to Zebo.

No, I think you are misunderstanding. I didn't say anything about Lenny and recruits. I meant that Bernie recruited the black drug dealers to gamble at his club and do some of the dirty work for Lenny. I was responding to phatmattress that he may have confused Chucky Porter and Lenny Strollo in regards to recruiting the african american drug dealers to do some of the heavy work.
Ok, then we certainly agree again. However I responded to Phat's question regarding why Michel specifically refused to recruit. Thus Michael's last made man was Henry. Even then it was not common knowledge that Zebo was made. I may have been the only "outsider" to know he was made and why.

There's no question that in the latter days of Youngstown, that the "African American" drug dealers were the one's with the money. I remember when he brought his new African American friends to lunch and introduced them to me. Yes, the same two that were with him when he wacked Ernie :-(
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Bruno187 wrote:lol.....via Cuba or Puerto Rico.

Frank Martines, also a full blooded Italian, with a Portuguese last name, which also stems from the period of when Sicily was invaded and inhabited by outside forces.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

With the world as old as it is and considering trade, war and migrating to other parts of the world over the centuries "Full Blooded" can be very subjective, no matter where you come from. My aunt is considered 100% Italian but she'll even tell you she has Spanish blood running through her families veins. Then a good friend of mine 100% Sicilian and he comes out with blonde hair and blue eyes, the only one in his family with those features as far back as you can see from family pictures. It's like this stigma of blonde haired/blue eyed Germans, I live in a heavily populated German area and very few are paled skinned with light features.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I hear you, thats true to an extent. With all the history of a persons specific family and situations like the invaders of Sicily, Slavery, The American Revolution and the trail of tears, its hard to truly tell nowadays whos full blooded what anymore. But I just using Martines as an example.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I made a topic a while back about the mob researching people's backgrounds. In all my years reading about this I've never seen an informant or witness say anything about researching a guy's background before making him. Lefty made some general comments about it to Pistone, but didn't say much more.

In most cases someone probably knows the guy's parents or grew up in the same neighborhood so there aren't many questions, but even then the Philly family missed the fact that DelGiorno's nother was Polish despite the fact that he grew up near everyone.

Curious if made guys used to be amateur genealogists back in the day, haha...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

You must remember that in the old days everyone knew everyone so if a guy claimed to be from a town, village or even a particular neighborhood of a city in Italy or Sicily there was always someone who knew someone that could confirm it or not.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Here's a suggestion.....now that we have FTDNA, 23andme, and Ancestry.com, the families should have prospective made guys submit a DNA sample for analysis. The Y-DNA is inherited direct from father to son in an unbroken chain from generation to generation. This would remove all the bullshit about who and where one's father came from. They could draw an arbitrary box around Italy, with the boundaries to be determined later, and if your Y-DNA falls outside that, you're out.
North Africa---out.
Asia Minor---out.
American Indian---out. You get the picture.
No more speculation.
This is all very tongue in cheek of course....
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

B. wrote: In most cases someone probably knows the guy's parents or grew up in the same neighborhood so there aren't many questions, but even then the Philly family missed the fact that DelGiorno's nother was Polish despite the fact that he grew up near everyone.

I always wondered if they just turned a blind eye to DelGiorno's mother being Polish or if they legitimately did not know? I find it difficult if growing up in a neighborhood not knowing if someone is not this or not that even if they have one of those Slavic/Polish names that sound Italian. The food alone is a giveaway. Hell, grow up in a particular neighborhood and if your family is Catholic, you all go to the same church, you know things.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ironic how the jew stood tall
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Only the Jew and the two "African Americans" stood tall. Only the made man ratted :x
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote:Only the Jew and the two "African Americans" stood tall. Only the made man ratted :x
"These fucking guineas all rat on each other! The only ones who didn't were two shines and a jew!"

Remember that, during the trial? I never found out who said that, just that it was a "Strollo associate" who blurted it out to the media during the trial. :mrgreen:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

I think the American Cosa Nostra should open the books for all ethnicities. If it would turn into a complete meritocracy, I think that would increase the overall quality a lot and also keep the FEDs guessing..

As long as the prospective members grew up in the mob culture and are entrenched in that way of life, guys like that Tommy Reynolds kid for example from the Bath avenue crew, he was as much familiar with The Life as his friends with an Italian surname I reckon..

As long as their is a significant percentage that is Italian and speaks Italian to deal with the cousins from the old country I think this would be the best road to take for the longevity and quality of the American mafia..

Just my 2 cents 8-)
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BillyBrizzi wrote:I think the American Cosa Nostra should open the books for all ethnicities. If it would turn into a complete meritocracy, I think that would increase the overall quality a lot and also keep the FEDs guessing..

As long as the prospective members grew up in the mob culture and are entrenched in that way of life, guys like that Tommy Reynolds kid for example from the Bath avenue crew, he was as much familiar with The Life as his friends with an Italian surname I reckon..

As long as their is a significant percentage that is Italian and speaks Italian to deal with the cousins from the old country I think this would be the best road to take for the longevity and quality of the American mafia..

Just my 2 cents 8-)
There's no need to as it can utilize non-Italians as associates without having to make them. And the mob has a hard enough time maintaining solidarity without introducing non-Italians into the membership.
All roads lead to New York.