Barney

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Barney

Post by outfit guy »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:22 pm
outfit guy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:14 am Dismantle what? Rats are everywhere and the Genovese new resolution is to demote and not kill. Kind of a joke the mob.
Why do you insist on talking out of your ass? Is it a cry for attention?
Demote and Not Kill is Direct from Government Informants. Control some betting parlors on L.I.? Have capo Steve (Brooklyn) threaten to sue convict inc. and Benny Geritano? Yeah, I'm talking out my ass.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

outfit guy wrote: Demote and Not Kill is Direct from Government Informants.
I'm not sure if you're you're talking about Bologna's claim of the family promoting guys to make them more prominent targets for law enforcement, but either way, keeping murders to a minimum is the pragmatic way to go in modern times. We've still seen that family, in particular, hit guys at times. As much as mob watchers may find that less than exciting, and pine for the body count of the 1980s, I don't think entertaining you is the family's primary concern.
Control some betting parlors on L.I.?
What's you're point? You talk if that's the extent of Genovese operations. This is your MO. You're as bad as those that exaggerate the influence of the mob, you just go the other way. And it's not just a single post. You have a history of those type of posts. And, yes, you are talking out of your ass.
Have capo Steve (Brooklyn) threaten to sue convict inc. and Benny Geritano? Yeah, I'm talking out my ass.
Again, I'm not sure what point you're getting at but I'd take what Benny Geritano says with a dump truck of salt.
All roads lead to New York.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I've read these forums for years and have always read that Barney was a hitter back in the day but I've never actually heard of any hits specifically he was suspected of or linked to?
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

thesociety 89 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 pm The mad thing about barney is although he might be low key, you can bet your life, he knows everything thats going on in that family.
I’d think it’s likely the opposite…imo it’s likely the Genovese is highly compartmentalized, with each crew not really interacting with one another, might not even know one another.

Barney leaves the day to day stuff to several rotating panel delegates, only talks to the il messagario and/or has their lawyers, wives, grandmas, etc pass coded messages back & forth.

Barney likely has very few actual “illegal conversations,” and if he does it’s probably the most major shit. He doesn’t care about getting a piece of every soldiers’ action bc it’s not worth the conspiracy charge.

He knows what’s going on at a high level like a chairman of the board knows what’s going on at a corporation.

Just my $0.02
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

If he was made in 1977 his participation in a murder is ancient. Maybe the only one he did. Fish cafaro proposed him he also never committed a murder.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:55 pm If he was made in 1977 his participation in a murder is ancient. Maybe the only one he did. Fish cafaro proposed him he also never committed a murder.
Reputable posters on another forum that will go unnamed used to make it sound like Barney was involved on several pieces of work...was just curious
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 pm Barney leaves the day to day stuff to several rotating panel delegates, only talks to the il messagario and/or has their lawyers, wives, grandmas, etc pass coded messages back & forth.

Barney likely has very few actual “illegal conversations,” and if he does it’s probably the most major shit. He doesn’t care about getting a piece of every soldiers’ action bc it’s not worth the conspiracy charge.

He knows what’s going on at a high level like a chairman of the board knows what’s going on at a corporation.

Just my $0.02
Good post.

I think one of two things is going on. Either Barney is involved in the management of the family, or hes not.

If its the first then it wouldn't surprise me if there are several rotating panel delegates that Barney deals with. It would be a hell of a risk for Barney to confide solely in Ragusa. Ragusa is a young man with a family. I know he and Barney grew up together, but would Barney pass every single order, every single message, every single racket, piece of family business, essentially everything, in the hands of one individual? Ragusa could bury Barney. Wouldn't it make more sense that Barney used rotating bunch of close Capos (Balsamo, Falcetti, Pagano) plus Ernie, plus Ragusa to convey different orders. A Balsamo flips, Barney might get a dime on racketeering. Ragusa flips, and the whole family is essentially almost done.

IMO Barney would parlay his risk into doable parcels vs one all encompassing, eggs in one basket if he's actively involved.

Aside point of speculation, could Ragusa be a Salerno? Front guy, (the genovese have arguably done sone since the 70's
why stop now, its certianly historically helped them. And Barney grew up under that structure.) Get the feds to follow him round but only talk about gambling. Guy rolls... Barney is only charged with a gambling ring in Queens, sort of thing. Wouldn't surprise.

Westside has used panels since the 90's. It diffuses risk. Why stop now?

Or.... second option, removed, and his only imput is who gets made and who gets clipped, and he's given a once a month update on each Capos rackets, general goings on by Ragusa, everything else is made by Ernie assisted by a rotating panel.

Barney gets a once a month kick and update from: Ragusa, who gets it from Ernie, and Ernie from the panel, about what rackets they've got going, any pertinent issues, any pertinent problems, Barney nods and unless asked to make a call, that's end of discussion.

I'm inclined to think option B.

Panel makes day to day, Ernie has call on any issues, Barney, through Ragusa from Ernie, is kept in loup and gets his piece.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hands on with murder is one thing but he's probably had involvement (as far as knowledge of, conspiracy, giving approval) for most murders involving the family over the last 30 years.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:08 pm
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 pm Barney leaves the day to day stuff to several rotating panel delegates, only talks to the il messagario and/or has their lawyers, wives, grandmas, etc pass coded messages back & forth.

Just my $0.02
Good post.

I think one of two things is going on. Either Barney is involved in the management of the family, or hes not.

If its the first then it wouldn't surprise me if there are several rotating panel delegates that Barney deals with. It would be a hell of a risk for Barney to confide solely in Ragusa. Ragusa is a young man with a family. I know he and Barney grew up together, but would Barney pass every single order, every single message, every single racket, piece of family business, essentially everything, in the hands of one individual? Ragusa could bury Barney. Wouldn't it make more sense that Barney used rotating bunch of close Capos (Balsamo, Falcetti, Pagano) plus Ernie, plus Ragusa to convey different orders. A Balsamo flips, Barney might get a dime on racketeering. Ragusa flips, and the whole family is essentially almost done.

IMO Barney would parlay his risk into doable parcels vs one all encompassing, eggs in one basket if he's actively involved.

Aside point of speculation, could Ragusa be a Salerno? Front guy, (the genovese have arguably done sone since the 70's
why stop now, its certianly historically helped them. And Barney grew up under that structure.) Get the feds to follow him round but only talk about gambling. Guy rolls... Barney is only charged with a gambling ring in Queens, sort of thing. Wouldn't surprise.

Westside has used panels since the 90's. It diffuses risk. Why stop now?

Or.... second option, removed, and his only imput is who gets made and who gets clipped, and he's given a once a month update on each Capos rackets, general goings on by Ragusa, everything else is made by Ernie assisted by a rotating panel.

Barney gets a once a month kick and update from: Ragusa, who gets it from Ernie, and Ernie from the panel, about what rackets they've got going, any pertinent issues, any pertinent problems, Barney nods and unless asked to make a call, that's end of discussion.

I'm inclined to think option B.

Panel makes day to day, Ernie has call on any issues, Barney, through Ragusa from Ernie, is kept in loup and gets his piece.
Indeed. Someone just posted an FBI report? I think? It said the Westside doesn't kill guys they want to get rid of anymore, they promote them to " lighting rod" .......basically..
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

That's that guy big John 302s from like 2004ish. He really was making shit up. He was never used as a witness but did get the whole ball rolling and took out the western Mass crew and a few Bronx guys
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

It’s a ridiculous to believe for even a second that Chin or Barney thought it would be a smart play to promote guys rather than kill them.

Bump a guy up to captain then pray the feds take him down? Some people will believe anything I guess
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:07 am It’s a ridiculous to believe for even a second that Chin or Barney thought it would be a smart play to promote guys rather than kill them.

Bump a guy up to captain then pray the feds take him down? Some people will believe anything I guess

Especially when promoting the guy to captain essentially increases their own exposure with said person, along with the exposure of other high level members or valued associates. Yeah we want to get rid of this guy, let me promote him to captain. Now I'll have to deal with him directly more, and if I don't, someone I value and put into position will have to. Makes zero sense.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:54 pm Especially when promoting the guy to captain essentially increases their own exposure with said person, along with the exposure of other high level members or valued associates. Yeah we want to get rid of this guy, let me promote him to captain. Now I'll have to deal with him directly more, and if I don't, someone I value and put into position will have to. Makes zero sense.
Word is Barney himself was promoted to Boss as a lightning rod
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:45 am That's that guy big John 302s from like 2004ish. He really was making shit up. He was never used as a witness but did get the whole ball rolling and took out the western Mass crew and a few Bronx guys
That makes sense, what he described is exactly what Arrilotta said they did. I don't think he made it up. To his perception , it was true based off the info he was privy to. I would guess he was speaking for Springfield... but he wouldn't have the knowledge to speak for NY and Jersey..
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:52 pm
outfit guy wrote: Demote and Not Kill is Direct from Government Informants.
I'm not sure if you're you're talking about Bologna's claim of the family promoting guys to make them more prominent targets for law enforcement, but either way, keeping murders to a minimum is the pragmatic way to go in modern times. We've still seen that family, in particular, hit guys at times. As much as mob watchers may find that less than exciting, and pine for the body count of the 1980s, I don't think entertaining you is the family's primary concern.
Control some betting parlors on L.I.?
What's you're point? You talk if that's the extent of Genovese operations. This is your MO. You're as bad as those that exaggerate the influence of the mob, you just go the other way. And it's not just a single post. You have a history of those type of posts. And, yes, you are talking out of your ass.
Have capo Steve (Brooklyn) threaten to sue convict inc. and Benny Geritano? Yeah, I'm talking out my ass.
Again, I'm not sure what point you're getting at but I'd take what Benny Geritano says with a dump truck of salt.
It started with lifting the murder participation requirement and we went down the path of bookmaker only wiseguys talking tough at sitdowns. We're now down to there being so few hitters, they "demote" you; as if no access to money wouldn't be a motivator to talk. Sorry, no one is sweating the Italian mafia. On the East Coast MS13 runs free; on the West Coast, the tax man arrives weekly - Eme.