Barney

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Barney

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:27 am I think your on to something. These guys all have legitimate businesses. They actually work. There not like getting or those types that didn't work and everything they did was illegal all day. The feds would follow them around all day and night and watch or try to hear those types. They follow these bosses to there jobs and have to shit threw there whole shift. Or surveillance on a group of legit people in the company of 1 mafia guy.
Hootie talked about this in his interview with Pennisi a long time ago. He said he got hooked up with a no show job at a construction site and the very first time he went to pick up his check, he saw a Westside captain wearing work boots covered in cement working his ass off. He said that was the first time it clicked for him how serious the Westside was.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:19 amHootie talked about this in his interview with Pennisi a long time ago. He said he got hooked up with a no show job at a construction site and the very first time he went to pick up his check, he saw a Westside captain wearing work boots covered in cement working his ass off. He said that was the first time it clicked for him how serious the Westside was.
That was Ciro Perrone
All roads lead to New York.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Fucking hell are you guys serious, no chance they ever get Barney, he’s too smart!!!! 😂
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TommyGambino wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:26 am Fucking hell are you guys serious, no chance they ever get Barney, he’s too smart!!!! 😂
Imagine if he’s already retired lol
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:21 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:19 amHootie talked about this in his interview with Pennisi a long time ago. He said he got hooked up with a no show job at a construction site and the very first time he went to pick up his check, he saw a Westside captain wearing work boots covered in cement working his ass off. He said that was the first time it clicked for him how serious the Westside was.
That was Ciro Perrone
Was it? I know Ciro Perrone was one of a small handful of Genovese guys in Hootie's 'neighborhood' but crossing time frames, wouldn't Ciro have been in his 70s? Working on a job site at that age? Hootie isn't that old to have seen Ciro young. Just wondering, I might have Perrone's age and how old I thought he was way off. Hootie also claimed once to have gotten his union card at 14 . Gotta be 15 to be on the books in NY state and that comes with a shitload of restrictions before your 16
Luca
Honorary Member

Post by Luca »

NYNighthawk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:40 am the feds will never get Barney - he is very well insulated - stays well under the radar - I saw him in Home Depot 2 years ago in a sweat shirt and jeans picking out sheetrock by himself. Show that video to a jury and tell them he's the head of a crime family? The jury would laugh at the government! The public thinks of John Gotti in flashy suits with an entourage driving around as the mafia. Barney knows how to avoid that and stay in power.
You saw him at Home Depot lol? How sure are you it was him?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 pmWas it? I know Ciro Perrone was one of a small handful of Genovese guys in Hootie's 'neighborhood' but crossing time frames, wouldn't Ciro have been in his 70s? Working on a job site at that age? Hootie isn't that old to have seen Ciro young. Just wondering, I might have Perrone's age and how old I thought he was way off. Hootie also claimed once to have gotten his union card at 14 . Gotta be 15 to be on the books in NY state and that comes with a shitload of restrictions before your 16
I don't know exactly Perrone was doing but it's he who was mentioned as the guy with the work boots on when that story was first mentioned. At least from what I remember.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:16 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 pmWas it? I know Ciro Perrone was one of a small handful of Genovese guys in Hootie's 'neighborhood' but crossing time frames, wouldn't Ciro have been in his 70s? Working on a job site at that age? Hootie isn't that old to have seen Ciro young. Just wondering, I might have Perrone's age and how old I thought he was way off. Hootie also claimed once to have gotten his union card at 14 . Gotta be 15 to be on the books in NY state and that comes with a shitload of restrictions before your 16
I don't know exactly Perrone was doing but it's he who was mentioned as the guy with the work boots on when that story was first mentioned. At least from what I remember.
16? In Connecticut you know a high school diploma or GED and have to be 18. I wonder what shoddy ass local was giving out union cards. Probably fake. My father has a union rebar business out of the ironworkers local where I live and i got in the apprenticeship at 17 while I was getting my diploma but I couldn't work out in the field till I meet the aforementioned requirements. I gotta call bs on that one with hoptie based on my experience depending on the quality of the local
Geeleonetti
Honorary Member

Post by Geeleonetti »

I seen Barney at kohls picking out a new toaster, another video for the jury.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Story about the Westside captain is probably true, what likely isn't true, is Hootie's no show job and actually seeing that guy working. He's a great story teller with a lot of knowledge but with his lies and pill addiction discredits him so much
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Luca wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:49 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:40 am the feds will never get Barney - he is very well insulated - stays well under the radar - I saw him in Home Depot 2 years ago in a sweat shirt and jeans picking out sheetrock by himself. Show that video to a jury and tell them he's the head of a crime family? The jury would laugh at the government! The public thinks of John Gotti in flashy suits with an entourage driving around as the mafia. Barney knows how to avoid that and stay in power.
You saw him at Home Depot lol? How sure are you it was him?
No shit? I saw him at the movie theater watchibg the lion king..King... makes sense.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Joeyboy1982 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:45 pm Story about the Westside captain is probably true, what likely isn't true, is Hootie's no show job and actually seeing that guy working. He's a great story teller with a lot of knowledge but with his lies and pill addiction discredits him so much
Yeah Hootie has definitely said some stuff that wasn’t true. The reason I found this particular story believable is because the way he told it…he was kinda the “butt” of the story. Because the story actually makes him look kinda bad. He was an associate thinking his shit didn’t stink because he had a no-show job….meanwhile this captain with the westside was showing up every day busting his ass at this construction gig. It made him realize that he wasn’t as serious, and the other Gambinos he was running with, weren’t as serious as these Westside guys. He said that he always thought the Gambinos were “Madison Square Garden” and the biggest show in town, and that event made him realize the westside was on another level at the time.
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

The mad thing about barney is although he might be low key, you can bet your life, he knows everything thats going on in that family.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:00 am
16? In Connecticut you know a high school diploma or GED and have to be 18. I wonder what shoddy ass local was giving out union cards. Probably fake. My father has a union rebar business out of the ironworkers local where I live and i got in the apprenticeship at 17 while I was getting my diploma but I couldn't work out in the field till I meet the aforementioned requirements. I gotta call bs on that one with hoptie based on my experience depending on the quality of the local
Yea no I'm saying in NY you have to be 15 to get a work permit and get W2'ed and your hours and windows of time when you can work are limited until you are 16 and from there , if you're in school, still limited until you're 18. So Hootie getting a Union card at 14 is bullshit. You also have to be in school at 14 and NYC has truancy officers. I don't know if any locals are giving membership to anyone under 18, I doubt it. I have some friends that were/are in the stagehands Union and were doing work young but didn't become members until we were in our 20s.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:46 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:00 am
Yea no I'm saying in NY you have to be 15 to get a work permit and get W2'ed and your hours and windows of time when you can work are limited until you are 16 and from there , if you're in school, still limited until you're 18. So Hootie getting a Union card at 14 is bullshit. You also have to be in school at 14 and NYC has truancy officers. I don't know if any locals are giving membership to anyone under 18, I doubt it. I have some friends that were/are in the stagehands Union and were doing work young but didn't become members until we were in our 20s.
Actually its 14 in New York to get your working papers, see here https://dol.ny.gov/working-papers I remember getting mine when I was 14.
But your right about the truancy officers, they were pretty ruthless at least in the Bronx when I was coming up. If you were under age on the streets during school hours, its almost a given you would get stopped by one of these officers if they saw you, I saw even some civilians holding kids until the officers took them. Nowadays, kids smoke weed outside all over NYC during school hours and people dont even bat an eye.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder