Gang Land Sep 8 2022

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Gang Land Sep 8 2022

Post by Wiseguy »

moneyman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:43 am Crazy that Ragusa’s brother is chairman of an ILA union. Devita, Dagget, Ragusa etc these guys have so many connections to the ILA
In addition to Ragusa (who is also chairman of the Metropolitan Marine Maintenance Contractors Association), Jerome Brancato (son of Gambino soldier Jerome Brancato Sr.) is the director of the METRO-ILA funds.

Lawrence Ricci (son of the guy who ended up in the trunk) is the Executive Director of Security Eligibilty Control and USERRA Coordinator at NYSA ILA FUNDS

Local 1 (Newark) - president David Cicalese, likely related to Patrick Cicalese who was charged in the 2011 Genovese/ILA bust
Local 1235 (Newark) - president Brandon Garcia, stepson of Genovese captain Silvio DeVita
Local 1478 (Newark) - some of the Lagrassos still have jobs with this local (Nunzio Lagrasso Genovese associate charged in 2011)
Local 1804-1 (North Bergen) - the Daggetts (ILA president Harold Daggett named a Genovese associate) still run this local

Of course, the Justice Department attempted to remedy a lot of this through their failed 2005 RICO complaint against the ILA.
All roads lead to New York.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Thanks for posting. If I ever put a hit out on someone I'd rather wait to hear about it on the news or whatever than have the killer text "done" to my phone right after it happens. I just can't believe guys would do stuff like that in this day and age.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:05 am "Last month, prosecutors in Brooklyn charged capo Carmelo (Carmine Pizza) Polito, 63, and three underlings with running several Genovese family gambling parlors on Long Island after a four-year-probe by the Nassau DA's office, the NYPD, FBI, U.S. Department of Labor and the Waterfront Commission."

5 agencies. What, 50, 60 people? To catch 10 people in a gambling in ring.
Great priorities.

Good to hear clarification on Muscarella/Ragusa.
Wonder if Vincent Esposito was at the party.

Thanks for the post.
100%, almost unbelievable , 4 years ?

Seems like the Feds are trying to roll up something bigger or they are so undermanned this is all they can really muster to slow key crews down and grab some assets. With gambling and weed legal , there also isn’t much illegal shit the mob does anymore so it must be tough to be an agent today. I’m surprised NY actually brings these gambling cases , wisely I think Nj threw in the towel on gambling investigations as no jury is sending anyone to jail on gambling / weed as their are far bigger issues. Shit has totally changed, I know of a local smart younger NJ wiseguy in standard gambling / loansharking + real estate that puts all his $ in Apple stock without a care in the world and it’s a big stock position.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Ryan98366 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:15 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:13 am Photos obtained exclusively by gangland 😂 he reads this forum daily
I wonder how many times Capeci’s sources are the top posters on this board: Pogo, B. , Chris Christie, Chin Gigante etc.

Hey Jerry! What is your username here?
Jerry has been covering major mob news before these forums dreamed of it.
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

Thanks for posting.
Sittite
Honorary Member

Post by Sittite »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:29 am
Sittite wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:26 am Nothing about Grande getting sentenced???
According to Schratwieser it was pushed back for 2 months. So we'll hear something about it in October.
Thanks brother!!!
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Thanks for posting
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:42 am Good gangland this week thanks for posting. Interesting details on the Genovese administration. So Muscarella runs the family for Barney and Ragusa is in more of a messenger role. Capeci had previously reported that Barney had took over as official boss in around 2015 but its possible he took over earlier. My guess is he was elevated to official boss once he was off supervised release which was around 2012 or 2013. It's clear he was the heir to chin and they were saving that seat for him.

Also, I wonder how long Muscarella has been the underboss. https://www.masslive.com/news/2012/04/e ... be_in.html This article claims he was the official underboss while in prison with Emilio Fusco.
Bellomo became the boss earlier than 2015. Once his supervised release ended in December 2011, he was pretty much free to assume his responsibilities. Early 2012 is a good guess, but in theory, it could be as early as 2009. I doubt he was 'official' while in prison or the three years after because he was a cunt hair away from serious prison time if things didn't go his way. But he was the 'heir apparent' even before Chin died, and this fact was beyond doubt after Leo got indicted as the acting boss in 2008. I assume that Muscarella got the promotion as soon as Bellomo took over as boss, whenever that was.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

eboli wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:05 am (Barney)... he was the 'heir apparent' even before Chin died, and this fact was beyond doubt after Leo got indicted as the acting boss in 2008.
I'm not sure if it's as black and white as that.

I remember Capeci writing that Fiumara was definitely in the mix post Chin. it's all spec about what 'would've' happened if Tino hadn't passed but according to Jerry he was in the mix and things weren't as cut and dried as they may seem.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:36 am
eboli wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:05 am (Barney)... he was the 'heir apparent' even before Chin died, and this fact was beyond doubt after Leo got indicted as the acting boss in 2008.

I remember Capeci writing that Fiumara was definitely in the mix post Chin. it's all spec about what 'would've' happened if Tino hadn't passed but according to Jerry he was in the mix and things weren't as cut and dried as they may seem.
Hard to see a New Jersey-based guy like Tino becoming the official boss, especially in more recent times. The power had primarily been in the Manhattan/Bronx wing of the family for a long time by that point and had produced most of the acting bosses over the past several years.

A September 2009 article did say Fiumara was on a 3-man panel running the family. But he appears to just been one of many on a rotating panel that had included Bellomo, Muscarella, Leo, Dentico, Mangano, etc.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:36 am

I'm sure it wasn't as cut and dry, but the biggest opposition against Bellomo took place while he was still in the can and while Leo was still on the streets. Capeci sourced the Fiumara claim from the feds, who had IDd Fiumara as a potential leader when they investigated him for the Ricci murder. Fiumara had many problems in the last couple of years for his life, likely contributing to his cancer diagnosis. He literally wasted away in a few months from pancreatic cancer, similar to Eugene Catena decades earlier.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:05 am "Last month, prosecutors in Brooklyn charged capo Carmelo (Carmine Pizza) Polito, 63, and three underlings with running several Genovese family gambling parlors on Long Island after a four-year-probe by the Nassau DA's office, the NYPD, FBI, U.S. Department of Labor and the Waterfront Commission."

Great priorities.

Thanks for the post.
Do the Bobbies in your country do a better job?

I don't like foreigners shitting on America.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

eboli wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:01 pm I'm sure it wasn't as cut and dry, but the biggest opposition against Bellomo took place while he was still in the can and while Leo was still on the streets.
You're referring to Leo as Barneys biggest competition?
Leo was an unknown until his promo to acting, not a long term player at the top?

You had guys like Farby, Ernie, Quiet Dom, BENNY EGGS!
I'd find it a little stretch Leo had trumps on the above or Tino.

Love to hear your thoughts.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Ryan98366 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Great priorities.

Thanks for the post.
Do the Bobbies in your country do a better job?

I don't like foreigners shitting on America.
I don’t think he’s shitting on America. I think he’s shitting on the resourcefulness and efficiency of certain US law enforcement agencies. Which seems like it should be fair game to me.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

What Barney has done is truly impressive, in this current day to have this sort of run with the DOJ after him
I wonder how much money has gone into investigating Barney.
The Colombo’s had their admin busted last year and the US Attorney’s office in Manhattan is building a blockbuster racketeering case against Michael DeSantis but here’s Barney who’s been the boss for years now and will probably continue this way