Robert De Niro to Star Opposite Himself in Gangster Drama ‘Wise Guys’ at Warner Bros.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Robert De Niro to Star Opposite Himself in Gangster Drama ‘Wise Guys’ at Warner Bros.

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:31 pm I'm kind of against non-Italians playing members... have to be half-Italian to get made, half-Italian to play one. Now I sound like one of those people whose like "you need to be gay to play a gay character.
Jimmy Caan and David Proval — The Teddy DeRoses of the acting world.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Robert De Niro to Star Opposite Himself in Gangster Drama ‘Wise Guys’ at Warner Bros.

Post by B. »

Those guys are Alex and Humphreys.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Fellas let's stick to actors who aren't too old for fantasy casting of Scarfo: The Movie.

Pining for actors of yesteryear is how we end up with shit like ancient DeNiro playing much younger guys until the end of time.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'd like to call you out for being such a DICKHEAD (don't forget it's your move!) but when you're right you're right.

Problem is I don't know any young actors are anymore.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:31 pm I'm kind of against non-Italians playing members... have to be half-Italian to get made, half-Italian to play one. Now I sound like one of those people whose like "you need to be gay to play a gay character".

Another one that's too old, but Burt Young is 100% Tony Bananas.
In acting it doesnt matter.Id rather have Andy Garcia play an Italian American than the situation play an IA even though sitch really is IA
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:13 pm DeNiro especially sucked I thought.

I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:43 am I'd like to call you out for being such a DICKHEAD (don't forget it's your move!) but when you're right you're right.

Problem is I don't know any young actors are anymore.
I'm sure they exist, but we'll never get to see them because the reanimated corpse of Robert DeNiro has to hog all the mob roles.

Hey DeNiro could play Pete Casella in the Scarfo movie! Old, overweight. DeNiro's maybe a decade older than Pete was at the time but close enough.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:42 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:13 pm DeNiro especially sucked I thought.
I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!
Yeah that was pathetic. Capone didn't talk like that. More like a quiet menace.

Though nothing beats Eliot Ness tossing Frank Nitti off a roof for killing Mike Malone (who was never an Untouchable).
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:33 pm He's actually British but I want Stephen Graham as Nicky Scarfo. What do you guys think? At 5 foot 5 he's even the right height. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9TsMA46Eww
He would make a great Mickey Cohen:

https://youtu.be/p6io57FUo_8