Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Post by OcSleeper »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:06 am I´ve merged the two threads.

Interesting, but on Tony Pipitone, it says "Anthony Pipitone, a captain and soldier..." This could mean Tony Pep was demoted/stepped down recently. A captain when the investigation started, but a soldier now when charged. Or it could also mean that he was just acting captain.
Since the charges date back to 2012 I was thinking Pipitone was a soldier back then and has since became a captain. If he was an acting captain I think they would've said since they did for Polito.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Post by HairyKnuckles »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:55 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:06 am I´ve merged the two threads.

Interesting, but on Tony Pipitone, it says "Anthony Pipitone, a captain and soldier..." This could mean Tony Pep was demoted/stepped down recently. A captain when the investigation started, but a soldier now when charged. Or it could also mean that he was just acting captain.
Since the charges date back to 2012 I was thinking Pipitone was a soldier back then and has since became a captain. If he was an acting captain I think they would've said since they did for Polito.
Yeah, that´s probably it.
There you have it, never printed before.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Anthony Pipitone was indicted as an acting captain in 2009. He was also busted for violating his supervised release by attending a Bonanno family Christmas party in 2016. It's possible they demoted him to soldier while he was on supervised release and bumped him back up once he was off.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/ny ... oct07.html
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

there is nobody left to make a big bust on. from an entertainment point of view, it would be .great to see someone cooperate or a huge bust. something!!! my enthusiasm for this shit is waning. 99% of these guys are shitbags especially in 2022 so hopefully the feds can turn someone big if anyone is still big aside from the obvious 1 or 2
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

aray22 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm When they say "operated out of" are they just meaning that's the business they used to wash money or do these guys actually conduct their business and take action in these places?
The latter, i.e. it's where the card games and video poker machines were.
AntComello wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:38 am He doesn’t look half black lol
Think he was joking.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno and Genovese Bust today

Post by eboli »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:21 am Would you care to elaborate on that Eboli? What kinda hit water was Polito in?
In the early 1990s, Polito found himself in a nasty feud with Michael D'Urso, which by most accounts, he instigated. It turned violent. They wounded each other and were actively planning each other's murder. Polito was also somewhat of a hothead, who owned different people a lot of money, so he wasn't in the best standing within the family as a Genovese associate. Barney stepped in and squashed it down. I wrote about his involvement in the Bellomo write-up. Here's the excerpt:
In 1994, D'Urso survived a gunshot wound to the head in an unsuccessful assassination attempt instigated by Polito. The following year he had his revenge by wounding Polito. D'Urso was successful in harming his enemy only after his second attempt, and in the process ignored explicit orders not to retaliate given to him by his direct superiors. After Polito was shot, Genovese crime family caporegime Rosario 'Ross' Gangi pulled D'Urso aside and warned him by saying that 'Barney heard about the shooting. He said to tell you if we find out it's you, you got a major problem.' After this last warning, the violence between D'Urso and Polito finally stopped.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 am there is nobody left to make a big bust on. from an entertainment point of view, it would be .great to see someone cooperate or a huge bust. something!!! my enthusiasm for this shit is waning. 99% of these guys are shitbags especially in 2022 so hopefully the feds can turn someone big if anyone is still big aside from the obvious 1 or 2
They are currently working on cases against a powerful Gambino Capo, Frank Camuso and Michael DeSantis who’s the Acting Boss of the Lucchese Family.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

There are a lot aspiring politicians in the US Attorneys Office, which means as long as the public is fascinated with the mob we are going to see gambling cases treated like John Gotti. Everyone will plead out, US Attorney will go into lucrative private practice or politics bragging about their mob bust, rinse repeat.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Those spots in Queens were the most obvious gambling spots I’d ever seen (aside from the Greeks in Astoria). Funny, around 2014ish I remember hearing someone in my neighborhood say the clubs were being run for Bobby Glasses. Goes to show you how wrong rumors can be. Those cafes with card games and poker machines are a dime a dozen. This was a simple layup for feds and everyone will plead out. Same customers will be at a different location by the end of today.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

I wonder if there will be more indictments coming down at some point. It's hard to believe this operation only involved nine people.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Bonanno and Genovese Bust today

Post by Browniety86 »

eboli wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:21 am Would you care to elaborate on that Eboli? What kinda hit water was Polito in?
In the early 1990s, Polito found himself in a nasty feud with Michael D'Urso, which by most accounts, he instigated. It turned violent. They wounded each other and were actively planning each other's murder. Polito was also somewhat of a hothead, who owned different people a lot of money, so he wasn't in the best standing within the family as a Genovese associate. Barney stepped in and squashed it down. I wrote about his involvement in the Bellomo write-up. Here's the excerpt:
In 1994, D'Urso survived a gunshot wound to the head in an unsuccessful assassination attempt instigated by Polito. The following year he had his revenge by wounding Polito. D'Urso was successful in harming his enemy only after his second attempt, and in the process ignored explicit orders not to retaliate given to him by his direct superiors. After Polito was shot, Genovese crime family caporegime Rosario 'Ross' Gangi pulled D'Urso aside and warned him by saying that 'Barney heard about the shooting. He said to tell you if we find out it's you, you got a major problem.' After this last warning, the violence between D'Urso and Polito finally stopped.
Thank you. I remember reading this now in your write up. Let me apologize in advance but did you ever do one of Ralphie Coppola?
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:16 am
AntComello wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:38 am He doesn’t look half black lol
I think that’s the younger Pipitone. Teflon Don posted a pic of the older Pipitone on page 2 of this thread.
Oops, I should have posted that it was Anthony, didn't see multiple Pipitone's

Here is another shot of him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Genovese associate Mark Feuer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Timewatcher
Associate

Post by Timewatcher »

Will these places be forced to shut down now? That gelato place is highly regarded and sc like that are so nice to have around I wonder if they’ll stay open despite what went on in them.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Genomes family must be passed the bonannos had a dirty cop on there side. You think there repercussions. That's a bad look.