A Second Ontario Man Made by the Gambino's in California

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: A Second Ontario Man Made by the Gambino's in California

Post by OcSleeper »

Pretty interesting Martino is allegedly made considering he's been in jail for the past 10 years. So he must've been made awhile ago, unless the Gambinos are doing prison inductions for lifers.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

As far as I can see in the book the project o'tremens files were Investigatiions, excerpts of what the Agent (infiltrating agent I suppose) reported on duty - hence they might not be full of details...
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

See poster felice’s excellent information here:

viewtopic.php?t=4915&start=105
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

antimafia wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 am See poster felice’s excellent information here:

viewtopic.php?t=4915&start=105
Can you share some of it for the plebeians that can't access it?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
If felice sees this — and he likely will because he’s posted in this current thread — he can decide whether he wants to repost or summarize his older post(s) from the older thread to which I linked.

I’m uncomfortable resharing posts that TBHF members don’t have access to.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

antimafia wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 am ^^^^
If felice sees this — and he likely will because he’s posted in this current thread — he can decide whether he wants to repost or summarize his older post(s) from the older thread to which I linked.

I’m uncomfortable resharing posts that TBHF members don’t have access to.
Ok no worries.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

C88261D5-8639-4218-9638-2436D37A1AA9.jpeg
Martino Caputo might have already been a man of honour by the time he attended the 50th-wedding anniversary party for Paolo Cuntrera and wife in February 2011.

Full quote:

[Martino Caputo] was among the crème de la crème of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Mafia world who attended a February 11, 2011, fiftieth wedding anniversary at a Vaughan banquet hall for an elderly couple connected to the Cuntrera-Caruana crime family. There, he broke bread with underworld guests from Toronto, Montreal, Venezuela and Italy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Bear in mind that Edwards and Nájera’s book also mentions Antonio Caputo — Martino’s twin brother — and a Guy Frank Caputo from the Niagara Region.

95291DC4-AA6E-40C1-BE76-727D30C6C059.jpeg

Full quote:

Shortly after the drop-off, Vilalta-Castellanos spoke on the phone with Niagara Region cartel worker Guy Frank Caputo (not a known relation to Wolfpack member Martino “Lil Guy” Caputo, and quite a bit older than the Toronto gangster)….
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Great information, thanks all posters in this thread!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Excellent work putting this together. It does match with Felice's info which I forgot about. Recall Giovanni Inzerillo and Filippo Casamento went to Ontario years ago.

I saw an Italian doc that said Filippo Casamento transferred his membership from Boccadifalco to the Gambino Family at one point, maybe in the 1970s/80 as it didn't specify. Seems his affiliation at the time he visited Ontario was again Boccadifalco.

What's hard to guess is if they were made into the LA Family, the Gambino Family, or the Sicilian mafia. I'd guess one of the former two.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I’d say they were made in the actual LA family more than likely. Even if it just exists as a small crew rather than operating as a family, it is just an easier way to get their button, less politics than having to bring them into the actual Gambino family. Also, why would Joe todaro, who allegedly was angry that they were not made in his family, let the murders of a Gambino member happen? Would be too dangerous considering the proximity to nyc? I don’t know it’s confusing…
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:53 am Also, why would Joe todaro, who allegedly was angry that they were not made in his family, let the murders of a Gambino member happen? Would be too dangerous considering the proximity to nyc? I don’t know it’s confusing…
Todaro wasn't upset they weren't made into his family, he was upset they were made in his territory (Ontario) without his approval/knowing.

I don't think Todaro let the murders happen. Paolo Caputo's murder was believed to be carried out by the Sinaloa Cartel for his brother, Martino's unpaid debts. Although, it is interesting that 2/3 alleged known Gambino/LA members in Ontario were killed around the same general time. Maybe Paolo's murder deserves to be looked into again given this new information.

Iavarone's murder was suspected to be revenge for the murder of Angelo Musitano. If you remember a few months back Nicole O'Reilly did a 5-part article on the investigation into Musitano's murder and revealed calls were placed to Tony & Jospeh Iavarone after Angelo Musitano was killed.
https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/anal ... art-1.html

If Pat was a Buffalo member like Manning & Metelsky suspect/believe and based off of the Violi recordings, Buffalo sanctioned the Musitano murders. Iavarone's murder would then be Pat acting on his own getting revenge.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great take OC.

The original article says it was an "LA Family" and it didn't seem like the writer was trying to be provocative or knew there'd be anything controversial about it. If Tommy Gambino is LA boss it fits the Inzerillo / Gambino stuff.

There's also precedent as LA once made Dominick Longo from Ontario. He moved to LA which is why he was made there but he had relatives involved with the Ontario 'Ndrangheta and some may have been with the Buffalo Family. Might not connect to this but it did happen.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Not sure if this helps the discussion, but this post from December 2018 indicates Manning believed Buffalo was connected to the Caputos and what was going on in the area in some way.

motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:49 am Great take OC.

The original article says it was an "LA Family" and it didn't seem like the writer was trying to be provocative or knew there'd be anything controversial about it. If Tommy Gambino is LA boss it fits the Inzerillo / Gambino stuff.

There's also precedent as LA once made Dominick Longo from Ontario. He moved to LA which is why he was made there but he had relatives involved with the Ontario 'Ndrangheta and some may have been with the Buffalo Family. Might not connect to this but it did happen.
I was recently re-reading excerpts from The Last Mafioso for my next blog article, and Brooklier says about Longo that he couldn't be inducted into Montreal. I didn't pay more attention than that when I read the book a few years ago, but I guess it was actually about Ontario/Buffalo.

It looks Longo was made before or after participating in a murder with John Tronolone [French version of the book is a bit ambiguous because it says something like "Longo "made his bones" with a murder with Tronolone"]
Last edited by motorfab on Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.