Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno and Genovese Bust today

Post by Tonyd621 »

That's the Polito that was said Barney has a soft spot for

https://af11.wordpress.com/2020/01/19/p ... y-bellomo/
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:22 pm I'm pretty sure it's the same guy and the NY times got his age wrong.
Yeah, it's the same guy. The NYT got the age wrong.
viewtopic.php?p=235976#p235976

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:31 pm That's the Polito that was said Barney has a soft spot for

https://af11.wordpress.com/2020/01/19/p ... y-bellomo/
He's the main reason Polito is still alive.
Last edited by eboli on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Capeci said in that GL article from 2020 that Polito had been inducted within the last two years. That doesn't appear to be the case from reading the indictment.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I believe Polito is with John Brescio. Wonder if this is a one off case, or a harbinger of something larger. Just gambling, so can’t imagine these guys will get hit too hard (though, look at Boobsie, and what he got after trial conviction).
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Dave65827 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:21 pm These are the most obviously looking fronts I’ve ever seen
U should see some of the ones in les or Chinatown
Literally hole in the wall random stores that I can’t ever see business being done

Of course that’s almost ten years back now
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Just posted a picture of pipitone after the arrest in the mug shot section
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

gambling charges is what's called scrapping the bottom of the barrel. They can't find drug dealing, a hit , turn someone facing heavy charges? This is all bullshit.
The Greek
Straightened out

Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Post by The Greek »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html

The law enforcement takedown of a lucrative gambling ring shared by two Mafia families hooked a crooked Long Island cop and eight mobsters — including a guy known as “Joe Fish,” authorities said Tuesday.

Genovese soldier Joseph Marcario was charged along with four crime family colleagues and three members of the Bonanno family for running the betting business from inside legitimate Queens and Long Island businesses across the past decade, the Brooklyn U.S. attorney’s office announced.

Nassau County Detective Hector Rosario, 49, of Mineola, L.I., was also charged with taking cash from the Bonannos in return for arranging raids against competing illegal betting parlors — including one based in a rival Genovese-run shoe repair outlet, court papers showed.

“The defendants tried to hide their criminal activities from behind the cover of a coffee bar, a soccer club and a shoe repair store, but our office and our law enforcement partners exposed their illegal operations,” said Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Breon Peace in announcing the arrests.

“Even more disturbing is the shameful conduct of a detective who betrayed his oath of office ... when he allegedly aligned himself with criminals,” Peace said.

Court documents indicated the two organized crime families, in an unusual arrangement, collaborated on collecting some $10,000 in weekly bets at the Gran Caffe coffee shop in Lynbrook, L.I.

enovese acting capo Carmelo “Carmine” Polito was additionally charged with operating an illegal online betting operation where deadbeat gamblers faced a beatdown or worse.

“Tell him I’m going to put him under the f-----g bridge,” Polito told an associate to warn one debtor in 2019, the court papers charged.

Authorities said Polito’s rap sheet includes a bank robbery conspiracy and a conviction — later overturned — for planning the murders of two Genovese family associates in Brooklyn on Nov. 30, 1994.

Genovese defendant Joseph ”Joe Box” Rutigliano, 63, of Commack, L.I., was the only one of the suspects to avoid arrest in the Tuesday sweep, and he remained on the lam, according to authorities.

Rutigliano was identified as the bagman for the family’s illicit earnings, collecting the money with co-defendant Salvatore ”Sal the Shoemaker” Rubino, 58, and delivering the cash to higher-ranking members.

Bonanno defendant Vito Pipitone, 40, was arrested in Wellington, Fla., while his older brother Anthony “Little Anthony” Pipitone, 49, of Deer Park, L.I., was busted locally in the operation where the cash was laundered through secret money transfers, authorities said.

The Pipitone brothers pleaded guilty in 2010 to stabbing two teenagers they thought vandalized a Mafia-connected Queens restaurant in 2004.

Vito Pipitone’s Hawaiian honeymoon was cut short when he was indicted in the knifings. He was sentenced 3½ years for the crime.

His older brother Anthony served more than 3½ years for the stabbing in Whitestone. While on supervised release in 2016, he earned himself another two years in the federal slammer for attending the Bonanno crime family’s annual Christmas party in Staten Island.

Defendant Agostino Gabriele, 35, of Queens, picked up the cash for the Bonanno higherups, authorities charged.

Detective Rosario, under questioning by the FBI, provided false information in denying any connection to the Bonanno family, the court papers charged.

In addition to the shared cafe operation, the two families family ran their own gambling dens, mostly in local social clubs, authorities said.

Evidence assembled by prosecutors included court-ordered wiretaps, testimony from cooperating witnesses and physical evidence, authorities said.

“This case is further proof that organized crime is alive and well,” said Nassau County District Attorney Anne Donnelly. “These violent criminal organizations operated secret underground gambling parlors in local commercial establishments ... assisted by a sworn member of law enforcement.”

Last April, a Florida-based Genovese family captain and five associates were busted on racketeering charges for running a decade-old illegal gambling operation where losing bettors faced extortion or threats of violence.
The Greek
Straightened out

Re: Bonanno and Genovese mobsters and L.I. cop busted for racketeering charges in lucrative gambling ring

Post by The Greek »

apologies I didn't see this was posted earlier
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The Genovese and Bonanno families are finished.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Another swing and miss at Barney.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm The Genovese and Bonanno families are finished.

Pogo
You are being sarcastic right? From gambling charges?
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Pipitone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

This guy Barney is an enigma wtf
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

When they say "operated out of" are they just meaning that's the business they used to wash money or do these guys actually conduct their business and take action in these places?