Lupertazzi crime family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Lupertazzi crime family

Post by scagghiuni »

i don't remember which season , but tony soprano talking about a boss told moltisanti 'he has 200 soldiers under him', so i thought lupertazzi family was genovese or gambino
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:08 am
Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm Also, writer Frank Renzulli said in a podcast interview that he based his Sopranos screenplays on Boston, where he's from. He tells a funny story about a couple of guys in Boston that he based Richie Aprile and Beansie Gaeta on.

I'm pretty sure this is the podcast.

https://www.tsspodcast.com/podcast/2018 ... 1sylp19e5f
Renzulli was one of the best writers of the show.
Agreed. First couple of seasons were my favorites. Show was distinctly Jersey then with very little NY plot which was different. Renzulli was one of the main writers.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Thanks for posting ....that interview was very interesting I had no clue about Renzullis background ,as far as mob stuff goes he's a great writer.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm Also, writer Frank Renzulli said in a podcast interview that he based his Sopranos screenplays on Boston, where he's from. He tells a funny story about a couple of guys in Boston that he based Richie Aprile and Beansie Gaeta on.

this is probably the reason why tony soprano was born near naples, the decavalcante's are all sicilian
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:40 pm

this is probably the reason why tony soprano was born near naples, the decavalcante's are all sicilian
That's another thing I like about this show. Probably the first mob movie/tv show that celebrates a Neapolitan culture of the characters as opposed to Sicilian. Most movies, even most media reports and books just default to "Sicilian" as the background of mobsters, even of mobsters with established Neapolitan backgrounds in some cases.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Silvio Dante was a Calabrese, opposed to a Sicilian.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

SantoClaus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:30 pm Silvio Dante was a Calabrese, opposed to a Sicilian.
Yep. Revealed in the hilarious scene where Tony is lecturing him about the Columbus counter-protesting.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:37 pm
dixiemafia wrote:Yea if I had to choose what family they are like the most I'm with Pogo in that I would choose the Colombo's and the Persico's specifically.

Another example I remember is when Phil Leotardo got whacked Agent Harris said "Damn we're gonna win this thing". That was of course what Agent Divecchio said after Colombo Capo Nicky Grancio got whacked. In the last season Harris was heavily inspired by Devecchio.

Pogo
Agreed. First thing I thought of
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Boatdrinks
On Record
Location: Formerly Roebling St. Presently off the Florida Keys.

Post by Boatdrinks »

LOL! Ha! If I had seen this thread before now, I would not have bothered starting my 'Real Godfather' thread.
I will leave the Sopranos for another day, and just answer the specific question for this thread.
For me, John Sacramoni was always John Gotti. Both dressed extremely well. They even had the same hairstyle. Both were serious guys who took LCN very seriously and were 100% committed to it. Both had volcanic tempers. Finally of course, and this was proof of the pudding for me, they both died of cancer in jail. Both had big Families too of course, but as I saw Johnny Sac as a fictionalized Johnnie Boy (even the name!), for this reason alone, If Sacramoni was Gotti, then the Lupertazzis had to be the Gambinos.
Vincent Mangano - Peppino, but with you, we have to stop to look up things in books.
Peppino - True power comes from self control.
Khun Sa - There are no permanent allies or enemies, they change with the circumstances.
sisterray
Straightened out

Post by sisterray »

I’ve always thought that while the Sopranos are based on the DeCavalcantes (obviously, there’s also elements of Boiardo and Taccetta crews) the Lupertazzi power struggle was based on the Patriarca civil war from the 80s/90s.

You have a vacuum left by the death of a legendary boss whose seemingly inept son who steps up to lead the family and who is actually controlled by a faction of guys who prefer to stay in the shadows. Then there’s a group of guys who think he’s too weak to lead the pack (with Sack being a mix of JR Russo and Nicky Bianco). The son gives the reigns over to his opponents, they get busted shortly afterwards and then an old loyalist of his father’s who’s been away for years gets the throne and starts killing the people who wronged him in the past (that being Leotardo-Salemme). It’s not 1 to 1, but it holds together.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

sisterray wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:22 am I’ve always thought that while the Sopranos are based on the DeCavalcantes (obviously, there’s also elements of Boiardo and Taccetta crews) the Lupertazzi power struggle was based on the Patriarca civil war from the 80s/90s.

You have a vacuum left by the death of a legendary boss whose seemingly inept son who steps up to lead the family and who is actually controlled by a faction of guys who prefer to stay in the shadows. Then there’s a group of guys who think he’s too weak to lead the pack (with Sack being a mix of JR Russo and Nicky Bianco). The son gives the reigns over to his opponents, they get busted shortly afterwards and then an old loyalist of his father’s who’s been away for years gets the throne and starts killing the people who wronged him in the past (that being Leotardo-Salemme). It’s not 1 to 1, but it holds together.
Also, they tried to kill Salemme just like they tried to kill Phil Leotardo (killed the girlfriend and her Dad instead). Thus leading towards the vengeance.