Good Looking Matty

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

miggy9
On Record

Re: Good Looking Matty

Post by miggy9 »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:15 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:53 am Speaking of names look at these two guys : Both Guilmette and Guglielmetti - did some type of family split Happen changing names? Lol pretty interesting names
Unless it got changed from something else, Guilmette is a French name (with the given name Dino, I’m assuming this guy is at least part Ital). And in that light it reminds me of Oimette. Guglieletti, Guilmette, Oimette; it’s like before and after. Also on that note, does Guilmette even qualify for membership (not that this matters all that much; when the made membership is that small, an “associate” could definitely hold a lot of weight. Also, have no idea how strict NE is about this sort of thing today). Someone above stated that Dino’s dad is close to Guglielmetti? I have his dad as an 80-something-year-old guy named Bill Guilmette. He was/is somebody?
I don't think membership is in the cards for him. Dino I believe is Italian on his moms side. His dad is French/Portuguese I think. Guilmette is a common French name here. His dad was never involved with Matty, just close as far as social goes.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

miggy9 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:53 am Speaking of names look at these two guys : Both Guilmette and Guglielmetti - did some type of family split Happen changing names? Lol pretty interesting names
Unless it got changed from something else, Guilmette is a French name (with the given name Dino, I’m assuming this guy is at least part Ital). And in that light it reminds me of Oimette. Guglieletti, Guilmette, Oimette; it’s like before and after. Also on that note, does Guilmette even qualify for membership (not that this matters all that much; when the made membership is that small, an “associate” could definitely hold a lot of weight. Also, have no idea how strict NE is about this sort of thing today). Someone above stated that Dino’s dad is close to Guglielmetti? I have his dad as an 80-something-year-old guy named Bill Guilmette. He was/is somebody?
I don't think membership is in the cards for him. Dino I believe is Italian on his moms side. His dad is French/Portuguese I think. Guilmette is a common French name here. His dad was never involved with Matty, just close as far as social goes.
Thanks for the further info.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Luisi did a live the other night n I asked who Is more powerful

Joeys satellite crew or the pats

He said his crew but it wasn’t satellite crew lol
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Membership in RI? No one is getting made into the RI mob that is young or even at all. It’s like 6-8 old guys in their 70s-90s. What would you need protection for? They can’t really provide any benefit to anymore anymore, not really except very minor prestige if even that 😂

What could it even do for anybody when they don’t control crime in New England or RI anymore? Maybe there is still guys involved in the Boston area but you’d have to be a complete moron to join the mob in RI at this point, it is not the 60s and 70s when they were powerful. It’s been shit for awhile now I hate to burst anyones bubble but RI is done. Nobody is afraid of old 80 year old gambler bookmakers anymore.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Extortion wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:53 pm
Membership in RI? No one is getting made into the RI mob that is young or even at all. It’s like 6-8 old guys in their 70s-90s. What would you need protection for? They can’t really provide any benefit to anymore anymore, not really except very minor prestige if even that 😂

What could it even do for anybody when they don’t control crime in New England or RI anymore? Maybe there is still guys involved in the Boston area but you’d have to be a complete moron to join the mob in RI at this point, it is not the 60s and 70s when they were powerful. It’s been shit for awhile now I hate to burst anyones bubble but RI is done. Nobody is afraid of old 80 year old gambler bookmakers anymore.
Its all relative though. Thats what a lot of people dont understand in this forum. Protection rackets have been gone for a long time everywhere regardless. Pizzo is really only collected in Canada (fleeting), Europe and Australia at this point.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Depends on what you call a protection racket the “this is a nice place shame if something happened to it” has been gone for a long time now and I don’t think anyone disputes that

But the “ if you don’t pay me off you’re gonna run into problems” shit is still going on

And Jesus it’s insane home some guys go insane over hypotheticals and even a relatively reasonable one lol
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Dave65827 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:27 pm Depends on what you call a protection racket the “this is a nice place shame if something happened to it” has been gone for a long time now and I don’t think anyone disputes that

But the “ if you don’t pay me off you’re gonna run into problems” shit is still going on

And Jesus it’s insane home some guys go insane over hypotheticals and even a relatively reasonable one lol
Who is going "insane"?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

Post by NewEnglandHere »

iafrate passed away afew yrs ago bonafoglia isnt doing much of anything
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Extortion wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:53 pm

I agree with you. But there is also the threat of violence. Most likely not carry it out but the implied threat is enough for some people to acquiesce and that won't ever go away.
Idk about RI, but construction business on some level is still reason enough to be involved where I live.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Does the name Good Looking Matty still apply now that he's creeping up on 80 years old soon? Is his reported age accurate? I was always under the impression he was younger.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 am Does the name Good Looking Matty still apply now that he's creeping up on 80 years old soon? Is his reported age accurate? I was always under the impression he was younger.
Doing Well For His Age Matty.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

GoLocal last week unveiled that Dino Guilmette, a former boxer and actor, who Rhode Island State Police says has ties to the New England La Cosa Nostra, is now facing multiple felony charges. He is also known in celebrity publications for having "fathered a child with Aaron Hernandez’s former fiancée Shayanna Jenkins".

Good for him. Very nice looking woman and knows how to keep her mouth shut.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Source 4 seems like a mob associate that flipped. Or atleast somebody that knows stuff about them
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

dack2001 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 am GoLocal last week unveiled that Dino Guilmette, a former boxer and actor, who Rhode Island State Police says has ties to the New England La Cosa Nostra, is now facing multiple felony charges. He is also known in celebrity publications for having "fathered a child with Aaron Hernandez’s former fiancée Shayanna Jenkins".

Good for him. Very nice looking woman and knows how to keep her mouth shut.
Damn this b*tch sure knows how to pick em