New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by thekiduknow »

Updated with a surveillance photo of Philadelphia members Antonio Caponigro, Ralph Napoli, and Frank Sindone.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2022/08/ph ... -1979.html
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The guy in the middle with the white shirt looks like the state attorney on my cousin vinny
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Lol Sorry that's probably not one of the most insightful details from all the work and effort you put in.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great photo.

Seems to be indicating Philly didn't open their books until around 1976 after the 1965 induction.

However, Sindone was inducted before 1976 accrding to Rocco Scafidi. There's a December 1975 FBI report from Scafidi where Sindone is referred to as a "high-ranking member":

richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

Dominick ‘Tommy Adams’ DiNorscio - mentioned inducted around the same time as Napoli- father to Jackie DiNorscio. According to BH charts other notables from this possible ceremony include John Simone, Patty Specs Martirano, Angelo Bruno & Santo Indone. Newark member and Informant Patrick Kelly told the FBI DiNorscio sponsored him for membership in 1968.

DiNorscio
472B225D-714C-4B02-B3E6-E7A4A8B12E78.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

In 1973 an informant described Napoli and Dominick 'Tommy Adams' DiNorscio as the last two from that city inducted into the Bruno Family prior to the books re-opening in the 1970s.
This would imply that Alfred Salerno wasn't inducted until the 1970s, even though Caponigro proposed him in the 1960s. It would also imply that Pasquale Martirano was inducted prior to this, probably in the 1950s. If I remember correctly, Fresolone also implied this.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with more Philly info.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

Good one on Perugino. Looks like his associate Mario 'Murph' Eufrasio is still alive, an obituary from May this year of his brother mentions him.
JoeNGallo
On Record

Post by JoeNGallo »

Updated with info/photo of former Gambino captain Carmine Fatico
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good to know Maruca came from Rochester and was buried there.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

New Genovese ceremonies update with evidence of an abbreviated ceremony they held due to Tieri’s old age. Is this first time we heard of Genovese doing a quicky ceremony?

Barone: "[Salerno] told me to go to a certain place [and he said] that I was going to receive what he termed a reward for my services through the outfit."

Prior to induction Barone was informed by Zeccardi that the ceremony would be 'abbreviated' and that 'we're going to make it fast'.

Barone: "I was brought in. It was very brief. [Tieri] was very old. The ceremony that normally took place had to be shortened because the man was not as capable in his old age to carry on a big ceremony."

"I was told that I had to abide by the rules of whatever captain I was assigned to. I was told that we didn't deal in drugs. They didn't deal. They respected the wives of the other soldiers, and never, never betray the New York Mafia on fear of death."

Following the ceremony the inductees gathered at a social club: "There was a breakfast held nearby, and there were all of the members in our group, the Harlem group were there having breakfast to welcome in the new inductees. [Harlem group numbered] 50 or 55."
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

That stuck out to me too. The year prior he did a full ceremony with Vincent Cafaro.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Great info. Shouldn’t be surprising at this point, but even families that normally adhered to the full traditional ceremony presumably could abbreviate it based on circumstances and it wouldn’t have been seen as a problem. I also note that Barone used the term “outfit”. The CI who provided intel on the ‘76 Newark inductions also used “outfit”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I'd be curious to see Barone's testimony or debriefings to see what he says about the Genovese admin in the 1970s. Specifically if he identified Tieri as the official boss. I went looking once on PACER but nothing was available
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

I have read portions of the testimony and have done my best to get 302s, but the FBI butchered them. From what I have seen, Barone doesn't add much about the history of the Genovese. Rather, he actually talks about how he didn't like a lot of the traditions and let Rago handle that side of things. Barone was rare in the sense he wasn't full Italian, didn't grow up in a traditional LCN neighborhood, his early crime wasn't tied to LCN etc. He was also mainly in Florida for the duration of his career as a made man. I found him to be cagey about his own history or his friends, but I feel the government gave him a free pass because of his age and the fact he was getting them Gigante and other admin. In my view, he was a very selective co-operator. Even the murders he admitted, from the documents I have seen, he didn't implicate a number of people close to him who were still alive at that time, and I have trouble believing he did everything on his own. Maybe there are other 302s out there with more info though?

I'll see if I can dig it up and confirm if he makes reference to Tieri.