Current Restaurants/bars owned by made guys ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Current Restaurants/bars owned by made guys ?

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:35 pm I forget the name of the place but I think Bonnano member John Contello from Brooklyn owns a place near the Jersey Shore in Atlantic Highlands. And, Cafe Luna in NJ on Route 9 in Morganville (?) is supposedly owned by a NJ Genovese guy but I can't recall his name.

Smh...I also forget the name of his place as well but John Zancocchio / Porky has a place on Staten Island. A couple, I think.

Then there's the most obvious...Parkside

I want to know about the more traditional long standing "popular" establishments that guys are known to frequent...to know who/how they are connected. Places like Campagnola, Bamontes, New Park Pizza, etc
Campagnola owned by Russian jews and the maitre'd frankie is a wanna be wiseguy
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:09 am
newera_212 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:35 pm I forget the name of the place but I think Bonnano member John Contello from Brooklyn owns a place near the Jersey Shore in Atlantic Highlands. And, Cafe Luna in NJ on Route 9 in Morganville (?) is supposedly owned by a NJ Genovese guy but I can't recall his name.

Smh...I also forget the name of his place as well but John Zancocchio / Porky has a place on Staten Island. A couple, I think.

I want to know about the more traditional long standing "popular" establishments that guys are known to frequent...to know who/how they are connected. Places like Campagnola, Bamontes, New Park Pizza, etc
Campagnola owned by Russian jews and the maitre'd frankie is a wanna be wiseguy
Russian Jews? Lol never heard of such a thing
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Philly d wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:53 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:33 am
Philly d wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 pm In Peter PS testimony he says there is an Allie who owns a pizzeria in Manhattan. Anyone know it?
That's Alphonso's Pizzeria owned by Alphonse DiPilato
thx. Any good?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dockets.ju ... 9485%3famp

He was being sued by somebody last yr it looks like
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Barelli’s on route 3 NJ is a long time wise guy hang out and owned by Ponte
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

newera_212 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 pm
TSNYC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am Carmine Russo used to own Baby O’s, pizza spot on Park Row near city hall. Think it closed
Really? Is that why he got his nickname Baby Carmine ... or was the place named because of his nickname? Is he still alive and active? NY Times had an article about money and the mob a long time ago and referenced him living with his Mom on Mulberry street, selling fireworks to kids and plastic bags at the Fish Market. Was always interested in the guy ever since reading that lol
is this carmine?

newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Philly d wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 pm In Peter PS testimony he says there is an Allie who owns a pizzeria in Manhattan. Anyone know it?
thx. Any good?
It actually doesn't look too bad. Looks like a slightly nicer and stepped up version of a typical NYC pizza place. Looks like they get good reviews and the stuff I've seen on IG looks really good. The prob is , it's kinda off the beaten path - the ass edge of the LES basically. If I lived in those big Co-Ops on Grand I'd probably eat there 3 days a week... but it doesn't look like somewhere I'd make a journey to from elsewhere in the city

He must do crazy good business because that area is just stacked with tons of high rises and not much for the people to go to or do unless they go further inland or up to the LES proper. It might be the only pizza option on that whole strip
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

ill check it one day .
Timewatcher
Associate

Post by Timewatcher »

What’s the place called in Atlantic highlands?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

TommyNoto wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:39 am Barelli’s on route 3 NJ is a long time wise guy hang out and owned by Ponte
wish they would open another ponte's liek the one on West street which was awesome w the lobster diablo and the view
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

didn't the scottos own the mall chain sabarro? used to pay tribute
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

sharpieone wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:09 pm
newera_212 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 pm
TSNYC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am Carmine Russo used to own Baby O’s, pizza spot on Park Row near city hall. Think it closed
Really? Is that why he got his nickname Baby Carmine ... or was the place named because of his nickname? Is he still alive and active? NY Times had an article about money and the mob a long time ago and referenced him living with his Mom on Mulberry street, selling fireworks to kids and plastic bags at the Fish Market. Was always interested in the guy ever since reading that lol
is this carmine?

Where on Park Row exactly- I need to walk past there today or Monday if I don't have time. live under a mile NW from there
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

It’s closed now. Park Row a mess with all the slow ass construction
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Actually it’s now Luna, which is fairly decent slice in that area. Wonder if he still has any interest in it or sold off.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:32 pm
thx. Any good?
It actually doesn't look too bad. Looks like a slightly nicer and stepped up version of a typical NYC pizza place. Looks like they get good reviews and the stuff I've seen on IG looks really good. The prob is , it's kinda off the beaten path - the ass edge of the LES basically. If I lived in those big Co-Ops on Grand I'd probably eat there 3 days a week... but it doesn't look like somewhere I'd make a journey to from elsewhere in the city

He must do crazy good business because that area is just stacked with tons of high rises and not much for the people to go to or do unless they go further inland or up to the LES proper. It might be the only pizza option on that whole strip
Where is it? near the bridges? thx
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:32 pm
thx. Any good?

Where is it? near the bridges? thx